Midgard Campain!

A

airo

NPCs

well I think some havent looked the first page of the thread so I paste laands text again (updated)

Jordheim NPC:-talks to skalds, next to the skald trainer
Jordheim NPC:-talks to berserkers, in the Inn, the guy emptying his mug.
Huginfell:-Thane, Grimask Grunulfson (now scouting W svealand area)
Gaplen:-Talks to shamans, at the fire.
Cursed Tomb:-Talks to Spiritmasters, Frusen.(he is on a island now i think and hes a alb looking ghost all alb looking ghosts speak RMs lvl dosent matter)
Haggerfell:-Talks to Runemasters, near one of the forges.
Vanern:-Talks to Spiritmasters, in the hagbui house.(again one alb ghost probably moved)
Veldon:-talks to hunters, in the actual fort itself.(has left that place not found her yet)
Huginfel:-Talks to healers, hut right of the smiths house.
Huginfel:-Talks to trolls , hut right of smiths house again.
Audliten Tower, talks to Shadowblades.
Gaplen, talks to warriors, big troll with brown chain on.
Vasudheim, one npc in a red robe, talks to SMs.

those mimri guys have been there as long as possible and if im not wrong (?) its a quest healer maybe. same mimir guys are in yggdra and skona too.

about the NPCi in jordheim that ear RM, SM trainer never been there myself or I have but not noticed may be something to look up.

F

fl3a

first of all, tere airo :)

and does she say that to every class?

Svarri Alvitrsdottir says, "It's terrible, my[visions]are becoming stronger and clearer. Damn the Norn who gave me this gift! I can't let fright overwhelm me!"
Svarri Alvitrsdottir says, "I see blood and tears, sniggering hords walkings on ruins, while the banished screams in wild joy, and his offspring feed on lives! Gods are troubled, because for each strike on the Wyrd, the Norns weave the fabric again."

T

Twotosix

found a male and female stranger in the sea while i was trying to swim from vasud to gotar they were on the zone wall, pretty glad they were there for me to suicide on cos once the fog hits its impossible to find land. I was lvl 1 and practicising for pvp (ditched that idea in the end :D dont try to make it from hag to gotar by foot).

Loc 62 , 40 gotar.

male was neutral and female hostile (time of the month prbly)

F

fl3a

me, gurthaur and cealinn went to 62k 40k in gotar, found nothing but frusen, who was red con to lvl 50 and gurthaur couldnt solo it (he was quite tough ;))

G

Gurthaur

Bastard, that was a secret!

Now the word will spread along all of midgard, that n00b Gurthie got beaten by a red con... :p

hehe, was quite fun tho. =)

Gurthaur the lvl50 Warrior troll

B

butcha

Hmm don't know if this is known but...

My healer talked to the healer in huginfel which didnt say much at first, and I started spewing words at her....

When I said "strangers" she started laughing and said it reminded her of a relatives name who was close to being transformed into a bear by seithkonas....

Maybe the name of that relative is the next codeword.... has anyone heard of this relative... might be another quest or so... might not even have anything to do about anything...

Also... tried talking to that girl in Vasudheim with the visions, but she said she was too tired to talk to me... Read above she said something about the norns... have you tried saying the names of the norns... they are called Urd, Skuld and something else I don't remember... there are three of them in norse mythology. They are the ones who measure up the strings of peoples life and cut them off when it is time to die...

Might inspire some new ideas...

F

fl3a

butcha, i did say 'norns' to svarri, will try those names thou.

will also try talking to ohmak & mogork in galplen about strangers, and same to frusen

F

fl3a

now this is what i have gotten with my chars:

Ohmak says, "Hello Troll, Troll come to help Ohmak for[ritual]?"
Ohmak says, "Ohmak preparing ritual vision, ennemies roam Ymir, Ymir tells Ohmak where ennemies are. Powerful ritual. Long ritual."
You say, "strangers"
Ohmak says, "Ohmak not know very much, new men run on Ymir, new busy men. Maybe too much. Ohmak not know enough. Young Troll aider Ohmak."

---

Svarri Alvitrsdottir says, "It's terrible, my[visions]are becoming stronger and clearer. Damn the Norn who gave me this gift! I can't let fright overwhelm me!"
Svarri Alvitrsdottir says, "I see blood and tears, sniggering hords walkings on ruins, while the banished screams in wild joy, and his offspring feed on lives! Gods are troubled, because for each strike on the Wyrd, the Norns weave the fabric again."
You say, "strangers"
Svarri Alvitrsdottir says, "I have no idea of who they are, and, to speak frankly, hasn't our Othila better things to do than to take care of this detail? My [visions]are still here, we must carry on with our inquiries !"

---

Frusen says, "Because of the 'Father of the Monsters' mistake, the dead slave gave birth and fled in the frozen lands of 'Wolfwheat'. By the displeasure of the 'irons', he who lives beyond the 'yawning rock' must take it back and, once again, lock in my domain. By the desire of the 'hanging iron', if she came to fail, the father of Forseti shall be free. The slave and his mischievous offsprings built a terrible world from a flesh of 'the Giant who got lost in his blood for three "

---

Mogork says, "Hello Troll, Troll accompany Mogork for new deeds? Ohmak do saal ritual, Ohmak see[things]!
Mogork says, "Yep, Ohmak big shaman, Ohmak speak Ymir to know ennemies, Ohmak show ennemies Mogork, and then Mogork goes to fight!"
You say, "strangers"
Mogork says, "Mogork hear about new men. Mogork not see difference"

---

so, any ideas? :D

S

Sortbane

Did some research and found out some mythology that can be used here:

Norns:

In Norse mythology, the Norns are the demi-goddesses of destiny. They control the destinies of both gods and men, as well as the unchanging laws of the cosmos. They are represented as three sisters: Urd ("fate"), Verdandi ("necessity") and Skuld ("being"). They live at the base of the World Tree Yggdrasil in the realm of Asgard.
Nothing lasts forever, and even the mighty Yggdrasil is subject to decay. The Norns try to stop this process, or at least slow it down, by pouring mud and water from the Well of Fate over its branches. This magical liquid stops the rotting process for the time being.

In other myths, the Norns were thought to give assistance at birth, and that each person has his own personal Norn.

The father of the monsters is as some migth've guessed Loki:

Loki is one of the major deities in the Norse pantheon. He is a son of the giant Farbauti ("cruel striker") and the giantess Laufey. He is regarded as one of Aesir, but is on occasion their enemy. He is connected with fire and magic, and can assume many different shapes (horse, falcon, fly). He is crafty and malicious, but is also heroic: in that aspect he can be compared with the trickster from North American myths. The ambivalent god grows progressively more unpleasent, and is directly responsible for the death of Balder, the god of light.
Loki's mistress is the giantess Angrboda, and with her he is the father of three monsters. His wife is Sigyn, who stayed loyal to him, even when the gods punished him for the death of Balder. He was chained to three large boulders; one under his shoulders, one under his loins and one under his knees. A poisonous snake was placed above his head. The dripping venom that lands on him is caught by Sigyn in a bowl. But every now and then, when the bowl is filled to the brim, she has to leave him to empty it. Then the poison that falls on Loki's face makes him twist in pain, causing earthquakes.

On the day of Ragnarok, Loki's chains will break and he will lead the giants into battle against the gods. Loki is often called the Sly One, the Trickster, the Shape Changer, and the Sky Traveler.

Words of Frusen: If she is to fail the father of Forseti shall be free.. The father of Forseti is Balder:

The god of light, joy, purity, beauty, innocence, and reconciliation. Son of Odin and Frigg, he was loved by both gods and men and was considered to be the best of the gods. He had a good character, was friendly, wise and eloquent, although he had little power. His wife was Nanna daughter of Nep, and their son was Forseti, the god of justice. Balder's hall was Breidablik ("broad splendor").

[ .... edit out the part, but Loki kills Balder here... ]

Loki did not escape punishment for his crime and Hod was put to death by Vali, son of Odin and Rind. Vali had been born for just that purpose. After the final conflict (Ragnarok), when a new world arises from its ashes, both Balder and Hod will be reborn.

Well, think that was what I managed to dig up atm, but if need be I'll see if I can get more :)
and to the conversation with Ohmak after saying strangers.. try "knowledge" , "new" , "Ritual" and things like that..

W

Whoodoo_RD

Ragnorok also might be a good word here.

I see lost of mention of the frozen lands, in our case it seems the frontiers are the place, and Yggdrasil - a big tree - and a mouth shaped rock, perhaps a cave?

Ok, we got no big trees, no caves, Ive yet to see any strangers and the place to do in general with the god dont exist in the realm either.

Again we are left with cryptic twaddle.

/em cancels his next renew?

F

fl3a

since it is an event over 3 realms, only logical place for it to end would be df. and, df is a cave, ey? ;)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by fl3a
since it is an event over 3 realms, only logical place for it to end would be df. and, df is a cave, ey? ;)

I take it you dont read a lot? Try reading the whole thread and www.daoc-europe.com and youll see its a campaign just for each realm.

Oh, and DF does not seem to contain any ice / snow or gersha's let alone strangers etc.

Dont you just hate it when ppl post for the sake of posting, having hardly read the rest of the thread?

W

Whoodoo_RD

Found another bunch of Gershas yesterday in West Svealand, just west of Vindusal Faste (thanx Julle), killed em all and guess what....nothing.

Kemor if ya reading sort this out pls, its getting depressing.

F

fl3a

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD

I take it you dont read a lot? Try reading the whole thread and www.daoc-europe.com and youll see its a campaign just for each realm.

Oh, and DF does not seem to contain any ice / snow or gersha's let alone strangers etc.

Dont you just hate it when ppl post for the sake of posting, having hardly read the rest of the thread?

hehe i dont read the rest of the thread?

i posted quite a long post here a while ago.

i didnt read the daoc-europe.com normal news, just the stories, didnt know it is for each realm seperatley.

so, sry for posting that if it offended u in some way

A

airo

geershas

well I know 3 geersha camps (dont know the loc's atm maybe ad em later)
one in gotar and 2 in West svealand i think I add locs later :)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by fl3a
so, sry for posting that if it offended u in some way

Sorry if I sound a lil harsh there, its this so called campaign thats getting to me not you m8.

Any positive input is welcome, and TBH the stuff on daoc-europe is all twaddle anyway IMO

G

Graav

While exping with my SB I came across a new mob at the armyant spot by the guardtower in E.svaeland.

It was called "Queen Major"

Have no idea what lvl it is, sure was real purp to my lvl 7 SB tho ;)

Maybe its nothing ... never seen that mob before, thought it maybe connected to the campaign in some way.

B

butcha

looked around there but couldnt find it... was it an ant or?

On the other hand was out walking in uppland when I was attacked by an (orange to 48) mob called thorkatla and her 6 (yellow to 48) zombies... Is this an epic mob, campaign mob or just some really dangerous people walking around in the snow?

O

old.Agelmere

Butcha, Thorkatla is one of the Healer Epic mobs, so no joy there sorry.

G

Graenit

Check this link:

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/quests.html?cquest=338

Seems to be a rm/sm-quest wich involves the strangers(visitors).
Also somehow involves the campain with the deserters?

Do you happen to know anyone that has done the quest?
What did Danica(NPC) reveal at the end of the quest?

Danica says, "I shall need a minute or two to scan over Runil's scrolls to see if I can learn anything [about the visitors]

/Graenit 47 warrior Excalibur
Zirkonite 30 shammie
Gneijs 24 critblade

W

Whoodoo_RD

Thats got nout to do with the campaign m8, we tried that one :(

Seems this sad excuse for a campaign has lost all its interest now, and maybe even GOA cant be arsed to do it even. Shame, with the impending SWG and other games like this in the not too distant future, you'd think they would be doing their best to keep us here....

/em thinks SI will be too late to save the euro servers from extinction!

B

butcha

I noticed this topic had gone active again.... excited... eagerly hoping.... maybe this time some tangible news....

Nope

W

Whoodoo_RD

Soz m8, i keep bumping it in a rather poor attempt of a) proding Kemor and b) drumming up info, soz to dissapoint you :(

G

Gog

Pretty sure Queen Major has nothing to do with it.

I saw it there a couple of months ago (before the campaign started iirc). It was grey so I killed it thinking it might be a rare spawn otd - but nothing. I saw it again a few weeks later and it conned yellow to my lvl 14/15 hunter, so I shot it and it pulled all the ants to me - still no otd and the other ants killed me :mad:

It may be a placeholder for something, but it seems to spawn so rarely that I haven't been able to figure out anything else. Not been able to find any mention of it on the web either.

T

Tumult

There have been some interesting things happening in fort veldon now as well. All the merchants have moved inside the fort and there are lots of archers on it conning purp to a lvl 20???

B

Breni

There's also a shedload of "Norse Warrior" and "Dwarf Warrior" guards outside the Vendo Caverns entrance. Must be about 20 just milling around.

S

Sortbane

Hmmm...

Hmmm.. was kinda active with this one a little while ago, but just didn't care anymore since the campaign was waaaay too long and nothing was happening :m00:

But last nigth when I ran past Ft.Veldon I noticed all the merchants missing and that they had moved to safety inside the guardtower above ft.veldon.. I took a look around and found Aldaradr Hamrbjornson standing there saying something about a battle to start or something but I couldn't get anything sencible from him.. I notice some guards outside and a Dwarf Sapper standing there, I talked to the Dwarf and he said he missed some tools to build a catapult ( a winding crank ) so I went to bled and bougth him one.. The result when I gave them to him was that he built a catapult and that was it, he said he was on a break and if I wanted to use it I could..

Guess it got to be something more to it than just than just giving that lazy dwarf a crank..

W

Whoodoo_RD

Yeah, we got the same result today.

Also we found a shed load of realm guards outside Vendo, aint looked too deep inside, but cuold find nothign on the upper levels to indicate anything abnormal.

Users who are viewing this thread