Midgard Campain!

U

Urme the Legend

I'll try to be there..
by the way.. I saw Mogork and company walking close to Vasudheim towards audliten last night..

Mogork turned around and started to walk the opposite direction when I clicked on him.

P

psychoid

Omg does he randomly spawn around the realm, i saw him 2 days ago standing between arachites and spindel.
Some guy said he saw him at hagger the day before.

This part may prove itself to be trickier then we hoped for.
Ill try to PRE recongise b4 we move out so we know where to find him.

P

psychoid

ok looks like we will do this thing.

I have some info again:

Mogork and co does indeed wander around.
BUT they always return to one spot.

outside haggerfell.

I was talking to tormc the reoll shaman when they suddenly ran away.
i had my skald logged there and tried to follow.
But since i didnt notice what direction they rn i only saw them going through me and away....

Well i had time to find this out.

I talked to tormc with mu troll shaman.

He told me that i he was with mogork, mogork is great troll chief, you follow mogork, mogork take you to fight the geershas.

Thus i take it if we simply all STICK mogork when he is outside hagger and follow him with 1+FG lvl50´s we should find what we are looking for.

P.S fjalin bearstrenght conned purp earlier he now conned orange perhaps he had gotten himself killed and repopped as orange...

G

Graav

Saw Mogork and his guys walk from Hagger last night, picked them up at Vasud and /stick 'till Nisse when I got tired of it and logged.

Mogork wouldnt speak to me but Fjalin said something about me joining them to fight the invaders, had something highlighted in the text, dont remember what atm :/
Anyways, I couldnt click on it as that char obviously was to low lvl.

P

psychoid

we sticked too but he walked out of zonewall just be vasud

P

psychoid

Ok, i dont know why BUT when i was lvling my healer in malmohus at lair.

I suddenly saw MOGORK and his entiren gang of henchmen at lair.
On the left pullspot near lair.

Isnt there a cottage N of lair atleast i think there is, that could fit in the description on camelot europe about the cobbie.
forrest, dead tree he hid in....
i ofcouse am thinking of this:

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=546

so this is my idea...

http://daoc.catacombs.com/maps/hrafn/2.0/map.cfm?map=Mid_Malmohus

At lake North of lake on the right is a cottage...
a common GA drop hunt spot.

There is a cottage there and a Camp fire.

I want this confirmed so i have contacted some ppl to investigate will give full description of findigs.

P

psychoid

Oh yes, another thing a friend of mine spotted mogork having a conversation with a Skald NPC outside Vendo Caves.

Of some reason he had to keep running and didnt capture what they said the dopehead.

Keep a lookout for this.

I havent been able to verify, so for now it should be taken "with a pinch of salt" sort of speak.

Howerer imo if this is a fact, it is very likely it repeats itself over and over to give us help to solve the riddles.
or some1 to stumble over it.

Mogork vanderings.

Mogork wanders in illogical and varying directions with his NPC ganksquad.

reference: http://guild.evilhenchman.com/images/midgardtravel.jpg

Base of operations for tehse NPC´s are just above the tower outside haggerfell, on hill slope.
This is the spot where they always return.
in some of the cases they walk almost straight South which makes them crosszonewall just above vasudheim.
Sometimes they walk West Southwest, in a direction that should make then reapear at vindsaul somewhere and continue somewhere below rauma entrance.

It annoys me that GOA cant even give these NPC´s some decent waypoints to follow.
It seems they simply gave them an END spot to go to.
It is friggin impossible to follow the instructions given by the NPC´s.

I have spent days and hours on this and soon if i cannot trigger some happening i give up.
I figured it would be cool to do something that would actually change the look and feel of our realm for a change, then just bash on keep doors till my special attack key nr "8" gets worn out.
I sticked my little shaman on mogork yesterday for several hours to find these patterns, making me unable to play the game for exp during this time.
I have written and complained that the campaign is broken or bugged.
We will see what response i get.

W

Whoodoo_RD

The lair theory to me is out, the campaign is for all of midgard Im sure, and can u imagine getting groups of sub 30s to lair?

Im pretty sure GOA have done as you have suggested, but i think the way points are random to draw our interest.

Anyone starting to feel like the donkey with a carrot being dangled in from of him?

P

psychoid

so u naturally think this is my only char?
:rolleyes:
GAWD

U

Urme the Legend

Great fires are burning in a clearing. But he can barely make out the dark figures lying on the floor, apparently asleep for their chests rise and fall, as if breathing slowly. Huge stone statues are dressed here and there, looking almost alive under the moving light from the fire. Other creatures seem to be dancing a strange choreography, screaming or moaning the lyrics of a disturbing song.

Huge stone statues... maybe we should look for those?

P

psychoid

so u naturally think this is my only char?
:rolleyes:
GAWD

and a grp is forming as we speak to investigate btw.

Talking to Urme of FoM for manpower, as he has shown interest before to solve this.
Also several others have show interest to participate.

How can u diss the theory without having checked it out?

And 1. there is NO waypoint there seem to be ENDpoints.
the NPC´s simply walk from start in a straight line to ENDpoint.
if there were waypoints i doubt we would see them walk out of zonewalls.

2. There are some reasons to believe that the spot i mentioned is a possible location.
mainly because of the forrest, the campfire and a floor and that Mogork walked in a northish direction from left pullspot in lair.

The only downside to going to check it out that we might accidentaly get a GA hammer/axe drop when we are there.

And drifting back to mogork again, it is clear that they want us to seek out mogork.

1. b4 last pathing for event "maintenance" ohmak was in battleready mode in galpen, in fact he was expecting an attack, therefore he had sent mofork to pikom country, that is vale of mularn outside haggerfell.
He states to norsemen of all lvls that they should seek out mogork and help him to fight.
After that patch he now is somewhat calmer.
he now says the same thing to norseman but says, "have you heard of Ymirs´s [lament] to shamans of all lvls.
Ymirs lament is for those not aware of the meaning of lament.
lament = torment, moaning or grief etc.

2. So after following the guidlines from Ohmak and going to mogork.
Thane talk to Gunolf
hunter mahild etc and troll to tormc.

When respective classes talked to their type of NPC they were shown respect and aloowance in joining in.
All trolls that talked to Tormc was told to "follow" mogork and he would take us to geersha.

So that is exactly what has been done and i have been trying to do.

With my lvl17 in that case since i was lvling it and got bored so i went there and /sticked him.

3. directions do not seem random at all.

there are some prearranged directions IMO, always the same towards rauma/vindsaul through zonewall, downwards towards vasudheim perhaps t hat takes him to myrkwood where he has been spotted several times by me and several others.

It would be nice to find out where he ends up when ge goes in dir to vindsaul/rauma.

P

psychoid

yeah

i dont wanna sound locked on malmo or anything but there are those aswell just above lair to North.

and mundokar yeah the thought crossed my mind.

So i went there with my skald and looked, i idled a night/day there.
nothing seen.

I am poor at the vanern area though however the forest isnt very dense there.
Which makes the description of the area the poor kobbie was in not fit in, but ill make a grid search just to make shure.

However. one thing that we gotta think of and that is ELM tree,
he climbed and ELM tree.
ELM isnt found in myrkwood/galpen area.
Pine is the only kind of tree in skona except a few trees like the Y shaped on near malmo entrance etc. which may very well be elm, i am no tree expert hehe.
But isnt vanern full of elms?
elms have leafs right..

well whatever... i hope to get ppl for my malmo exploration.
and so what if we happens to die during a triggering of the event.
as stated by mythic/goa no exp losses will occur during events.
if a lower then 50 should happen to be with us.

until i get that team i will check out vanern and naturally any finding will be reported here for the enjoyment of all.

W

Whisperess

There are quite a few hints as far as I can tell.

First of all, it's about a kobold and shiny things.

I only know of one kobold that asks for shiny things, and that is the kobold with the tamed sveawolf outside Svecks fort. And I didn't see the kobold there last time I passed by. ( maybe he was the one that was killed ? (or just a coincidence) )

Anyway, that kobold used to talk about getting "Shiny" things from the blodfelags. Now, there are is a blodfelag camp quite near Raumarik, and I can swear I've seen elm trees between Raumarik and Vindsaul Faste. ( there is some sort of blodfelag fort near vindsaul as well, but I've never been there... :) )

"dark figures lying on the floor" makes me want to believe that it is some sort of Svartalf camp though. Can anyone remember any camp with stone statues near?

D

dlyan

hi
not sure if it is part of the campaign but at 1600 hrs gmt vendo caverns saw an invasion force of geesha warriors.

this was after 3 stranger infiltrators killed everything in sight.

currently they have placed a banner in the lobby and claimed it as thier own.

V

vintervargen

Their leader, Thursasprengir Barnageitson, is an even more dangerous mofo then wuren :(

P

psychoid

Indeed this was a kickoff.

Geersha forces had set up vedo caves as a geersha base of operations in fact their flag was at the entrance.

But our brave miidgard forces slaughtered them. at the end we had killed their leaders.

And the flag dissapeared from entrance room.

Thus the repopping of mobs stopped.
And vendo returned to it calm self again.

At the same time as vedo was overrun, vendo camps got infested and repopping mobs came wave after wave and attacked Ft.veldon.
The mobs set up a ram on the fort, and if we had not fought them off.
ft.veldon may have been a ghost town today...

Large masses was also seen attackin svasud.. this is imo to get the attention of the wusses on TP.. well it worked hehe.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Well, reading the other realms threads about this, the camping of the caves lasted ages, how come ours is over in under 2 hours?

Hopefully the story will unfold soon - and were the drops any good to anyone? Someone said they dropped hibbie gear?

M

Milkshake

Ladies and gents, please let me put your mind at ease, maybe.

I too was working on the non-fighting part of the puzzle while the Geeshra's were attacking Vendo and Fort Veldon. With my trusty sidekick Adrira, we did alot of searching and found these things out.

#1 - There are 3 spirit albions in Midgard. Fresen, Forklyning and Sva(something). When they were killed, they simply re-popped. So, we got a SpiritMaster to talk to them, and this is what they said -

"Because of the 'Father of the Monsters' mistake, the dead slave gave birth and fled in the frozen lands of 'Wolfwheat'. By the displeasure of the irons, he who lives beyond the 'yawning rock' must take it back and, once again, lock in my d-"

Now, things to remember (and can find out by talking to the Gothi of Hel)...

- Hel is the god of Spiritmasters, and only an SM could talk to the ghost albs.

- Hel's symbol is the Wolf.

- Hel was banished to Niffleheim, or "The Frozen Lands"

- Geeshras are considered to be "Servants of Hel". This makes sense when you read the stories been told on GOA's website.

Two other things we wonder about is... Yawning Rock may be a Volcano, and Irons is a nickname for Blacksmiths.....and the Dverge are Smiths. They *may* have something to do with it, but nothing has been seen to confirm this.

So, onto our band of merry men. Led by Mogork, there is also Tormk (assistant to Freda the Healer in Hugin), Grimask Gunulfson (the loud Thane from Hugin), Mahild Lightfoot (who resided in Fort Veldon's tower for some time), Fjalin Bearstrength (who was in one of Jordheim's many taverns) and three Troll Warriors (and a fourth, me, who's dressed up and followed them for most of the time).

Mogork is searching for Dedell Splok. What Dedell Splok is, we don't know yet. However, Ohmak from Galpen confirms that Mogork is looking to slay Dedell Splok and the Granok (who I believe to be the geeshras). There is alot of Troll Speak, so it's quite difficult to work out.
There is however, a pattern to where he goes now. He stops a few clicks DUE WEST of Darkness Falls. When prompted with "West" when he asks for directions, he goes east to Haggerfel, then comes back to where he was and asks for directions again. Now, this only happened when Midgard did not have Darkness Falls under control. Hopefully when I log in today, some clever trolls have taken a keep or two, and I can try it.

Hope this makes some vague sense to you. Wish it did for me.

W

Whoodoo_RD

:clap: Nice summary there, and great going for all that effort.

A couple of things come to mind, one is the bit about "yawning rock" and you said volcano, and the Dvirge Smiths, well thats how I would sum up where the Dverge smiths are in Muspleheim, theres a big archway, lava and stuff and in general looks like hell. So i might take another wonder that way soon.

I took a look there 2 or 3 days ago, nothing struck me, I was in the Dwerge smiths village too.

The DF factor in this could be that the 3 campaigns are eventually going to culminate in one big one in DF, and might HAVE to involve all 3 realms. On this it might be worth checking the hib n alb forums for info on theirs. Scarey thought tho i gotta say!

Not wanting to ask a silly question, have you tried giving him directions while hes walking about, like saying north when hes in haggerfel, or pointing towards another town like veldon or into musp? Just some ideas.

P

psychoid

If u are a troll tormc first states the troll language version, then below a english translation.
This should give u info on what dedell spplock is.

If i dont remember incorrectly dedell splock was the geersha hordes.

When i talked to tormc i was a Troll shaman.

M

MiZzZerY

Some prydwen ppl said vendo caves or fort veldon, i dont remember wich was invaded by geersha's same day as pvp went up.

P

psychoid

yep

Vendo got invaded here aswell.
read som posts up.. i wrote some lines about it.

However no effort wa made to organise it, since perhaps the BOSS mobs would have said anything when dying.

Me i died maybe 4-5 times durin this and missed killing all those purp mobs.

Perhaps they said something usefull upon dying.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Not that i saw in vendo, was kinda weird how the flag and the sheilds just vanished.

If anything was said we missed it due to the gank status, all them guards just came out a killin, mass death / rezz / casting spam, no chance to see anything else.

Anyone getting the impression that this is like the 1st gersha encounter, leaving us with the questions "did we do it? did we fook it up? what did we actually do? wheres the next bit? whats the prize? should i use fabric condtioner? why is belly button fluff alwasy blue?".

By definition a campaign has a goal, which is....what?

M

Mundokar

GOA described the first part of the campaign in Alb or Hib some time ago. In short it said that the invaders tried to get a foothold in the realms by invading in the dungeons. We have countered this first attempt i guess..

M

mute-

Two other things we wonder about is... Yawning Rock may be a Volcano, and Irons is a nickname for Blacksmiths.....and the Dverge are Smiths. They *may* have something to do with it, but nothing has been seen to confirm this.

----> muspelheim?

B

Brevis

New NPC spotted at haggerfell, standing in a small tree where Grimask and his gang where hanging around.

Red con sb-class NPC, didnt respond to any /say words and not when faced with a 50 sb char either, next to him is a geersha spy.

Users who are viewing this thread