News Michael Jackson

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Guys, humour is natural when we deal with death and tragedy. I have had this conversation tonight and been called "small minded" for making jokes about death. I think the truly small minded are those that can not accept that people have different ways of dealing with things, and that not everyone shares the same emotional attachment to the death of someone they do not know.

The jokes are funny, they do not take away from people mourning him, they are not personal attacks against you, so why get uptight? Jokes like this come with the territory when you are in the public eye. Those saying it is disrespectful etc, have you never laughed or made a Princess Di joke, a jade goody joke, a david carridine joke? Some of the best comedians I have seen tell jokes that are very closely intertwined with death and tragedy.

Anyway I would always rather laugh and celebrate than cry and be sad, people need to lighten up.

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
I never liked the guy, but some of his older tunes was quite good, can't get around that

RIP Michael J.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I got to see the man in the fl- i mean in the plastic before he died so happy days :]

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
2qwlh6h.jpg

Look what i findz

Marc

FH is my second home
theryre claiming it was a drugs overdose.
when police searched his house they found class a, class b and class 2c in his bedroom.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Guys, humour is natural when we deal with death and tragedy. I have had this conversation tonight and been called "small minded" for making jokes about death. I think the truly small minded are those that can not accept that people have different ways of dealing with things, and that not everyone shares the same emotional attachment to the death of someone they do not know.

Sure, coping is different from malicious jokes RIGHT after a death.

There's a time and place.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Reports now coming in that Jackson died from food poisoning, from 12year old nuts :D

HAHA will give rep for that.

i liked his older music and nobody could do what he did dancing wise. RIP :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
What's teh difference between Alex Fergusen and Michael Jackson?

Alex Fergusen will be playing giggs in August!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'm sorry to say Michael Jackson has had to cancel all of his upcoming dates...

They were: Chris aged 11, Thomas aged 9, Philip aged 12....

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'm sorry to say Michael Jackson has had to cancel all of his upcoming dates...

They were: Chris aged 11, Thomas aged 9, Philip aged 12....

because he liked to.... small kids... yeah... i demand a better joke/punchline!!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ive also heard that his face is to be melted down and made into toys so children can play with him for a change

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Todays reports are claiming it could be hereditary, something in his billy genes.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
early reports suggest Michael Jackson hasn't been this stiff since McCauley Culkin stayed over!!!

didnt really like him but his music was good when i was growing up

RIP

Vladamir

FH is my second home
What's the difference between Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett?
About 3 hours.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Sure, coping is different from malicious jokes RIGHT after a death.

There's a time and place.

And you are the one to decide when that time is and what that place is? There is no set rules in this kind of situation so you can't make claims like 'this is wrong' because it is a matter of personal preference. If you don't like the jokes you don't have to read them.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
And you are the one to decide when that time is and what that place is? There is no set rules in this kind of situation so you can't make claims like 'this is wrong' because it is a matter of personal preference. If you don't like the jokes you don't have to read them.

I can't make a personal statement that i think soething is wrong, because it's a personal preference if it's wrong? :eek7:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
The medical world are stunned, they finally conclude that CPR is not as good as ABC, and definatley not as easy as 1 2 3.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I can't make a personal statement that i think soething is wrong, because it's a personal preference if it's wrong? :eek7:

Ok sorry to clarify; what I was getting at really was your wording.

While we may disagree on many things, i agree on this.

Any person, ANY person, making fun of the recently deceased, is in the wrong.

It's disrespecting, it's wrong and it sure as hel ain't funny.

In this you were telling people what is wrong and what isn't funny. It makes it seem as though you are trying to tell us what we are and are not allowed to say. If you had put 'I think that...' then I would have no problem.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ok sorry to clarify; what I was getting at really was your wording.

In this you were telling people what is wrong and what isn't funny. It makes it seem as though you are trying to tell us what we are and are not allowed to say. If you had put 'I think that...' then I would have no problem.

Fair enough, though a common problem in the internets.

Can't remember to every time put "my opinion" or "i think".

I take it as self evident that it's a personal opinion.

Oh and south park said it's 22.3 years for things to become funny.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No toht, there is no "time limit" a joke is a joke, if you see malicious intent then so be it. I think you should be very careful telling people they are being this that and the other though, you are making huge assumptions about people posting jokes.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No toht, there is no "time limit" a joke is a joke, if you see malicious intent then so be it. I think you should be very careful telling people they are being this that and the other though, you are making huge assumptions about people posting jokes.

Am not, but you'll probably tell me what i'm doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom