Mercenary speccing and race

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.[BF]MaD
simply because u do not know what to answer

answer to what exactly?

your paranoid delusions of me calling YOU a fotm n00b?

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Apathy
Besides a whole lot of colonic irrigation, the only thing Konah would benefit from is a slash style that doesn't break CC on tanks.

a.

lol good one, when did u land a mezz? i musta missed it.

A

Apathy

Thought you had me on ignore on BW? Or did your ears start burning and you just HAD to click the post to see what it said?

Oh dear oh dear.

a.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Apathy
Thought you had me on ignore on BW? Or did your ears start burning and you just HAD to click the post to see what it said?

Oh dear oh dear.

a.

disappointed apathy. u had no comeback for that did u, poor thing ;)

A

Apathy

The whole thing was the comeback, you SOTY.

a.

W

wolfofslaughter

just thought i would add 2 handed and polearm weapons are all 100% strength

Thrust polearm or thrust 2 hand is not 75% strength 25% dex its 100% strength

o yea i play a thrust arms hybrid only thrust style i like was the one chained off block

you block > low endurance 6 secound stun style with good damage .. useless to a merc though just about all the other thrust styles are gimpy

G

gunner440

Originally posted by wolfofslaughter
Thrust polearm or thrust 2 hand is not 75% strength 25% dex its 100% strength

:ROFLMAO:

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by K0nah
i'm not surprised n00bs take a superficial glance at the armour tables and reach the conclusion that thrust is better. with a bit more in-depth knowledge and experience of playing a merc and rvr tactics in general that conclusion is undermined somewhat.

yes thrust is better than slash vs mid chain, but when ALL factors are taken into consideration it is not 20% better, far from it. in many other rvr situations and conditions thrust is worse than slash. alot worse. for a merc slash is currently the best spec.

several things are reqd to change this, among them:

a halfway decent anytime added to dw or thrust lines (for use as a backup or opener)

a 4.1speed or greater thrust weapon introduced

but believe what u want n00b fotm boy :rolleyes:

Such a pile of shite. I know for a goddamn fact you mostly run around with a 3.6spd sabre, not a 4.1spd bastard sword. Next, claiming that using an inferior damage table makes you elite and all the thrust mercs NOOBS OMFG LOL because you want a good anytime, is just goddamn laughable. Sting's damage is fine, the def penalty sucks but as an opener/backup for positionals/reactionaries who the fuck cares?

You're even more fucking arrogant than I am, and you don't have a valid point. Go home.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by gunner440
:ROFLMAO:

Actually it seems that in 1.64, raising dex doesn't increase thrust 2Handers' weaponskill anymore, but str doesn't as much as it should either. Bug presumably ;

W

wolfofslaughter

Am i mistaken here i thought all 2 handers and all polearm is based on strength alone.. or does dex affect 2 hand thrust or pole thrust?

bahh if i am wrong i bet gunner thinks im a noob now :p

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Such a pile of shite. I know for a goddamn fact you mostly run around with a 3.6spd sabre, not a 4.1spd bastard sword.

i've been using a bastard sword for around 3months continuously but then u know me so well...

have another mars bar fatboy.

good luck with Earther btw.

I

Ialkarn

Originally posted by wolfofslaughter
Am i mistaken here i thought all 2 handers and all polearm is based on strength alone.. or does dex affect 2 hand thrust or pole thrust?

bahh if i am wrong i bet gunner thinks im a noob now :p

All pole weapons are 100% based
all 1h weapons are 100% based but thrust (50% str 50% dex)
all 2h weapons are 100 str based but 2h thrust (75% str 25% dex)

Staffs are 100% dex based

I

Ialkarn

Indeed thrust have a better damage table than slash (cause we are supposed to drop support before everything else) and mid population it's larger than hib.

Ask yourself what are the hardest targets to kill in rvr?

Healers? no defence, avg hitpoints. (who cares, they drop fast using /assist, slash gets druid bonus, whose usually stood on a chanter so killing him fast is advisable tbh, thrust gets healer/shammy bonus)

er I 'm sorry :) mid healers are definitively the hardest support to kill.

and whit the standard mid setup you have to face groups whit 3-4 seers where 2-3 are healers.

often you can't drop one, whit 3 tanks assisting on him.
(lets not talk about warrior superior block rate:when a good warrior guard an healer he can easy heal himself,no an hero or a armsman can block like that)

I rarely saw an hib group whit more than 2 droods I often see them run whit 1 drood only.

I

Ialkarn

The only reason to pick up slash instead of thrust is the superiority of the bastard sword against the rapier
and the higher ws.

But..

Is it really so important have 200 more ws when trolls firborgs (and certain classes like warriors and hunters) got more ws aniway ?

Is it so important hit harder cause a slower swing, when we can't cap it whitout a theurg in group? or sometimes we just can't..cause we don't have a double haste like mids.

The only reason to spec slash it's have race like mids and hibs have
a race whit superior Str and less quickness.
and I really hope Half Ogres 'll be this race.

O

old.mattshanes

When i went thrust my damage was ok but as slash i hit cap often or near it,seems as if the styles do more damage even if i get heavy resists.Might give thrust another go because then again i didn't really test the weapons,i just used 2 fine long dirks.Resists were nice and low though.

Only thing was when you hit a savage/zerk the resists were just stupid:p

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Ialkarn
er I 'm sorry :) mid healers are definitively the hardest support to kill.

never said they werent, but slash hits almost as hard as thrust and is superior in other areas.

K

K0nah

often you can't drop one, whit 3 tanks assisting on him.

not using 2h weapons that get a penalty vs shield no.

dw gets a bonus vs shield.

K

K0nah

The only reason to pick up slash instead of thrust is the superiority of the bastard sword against the rapier
and the higher ws.

and the superior styles, especially backslash adding ~23% more bonus dmg than pierce (and with no def penalty).

rear being the most commonly used merc style by far.

K

K0nah

Is it so important hit harder cause a slower swing, when we can't cap it whitout a theurg in group?

visit your local alchemist ;)

J

Jiggs

u have to make so many posts to answer?

i think ialk made good points half ogre will prob be 'the one' to make a slash merc with....

thrust mercs work well, bit tougher to play i think, but when u see how fast healers drop with them its rewarding :)

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Jiggs
thrust mercs work well, bit tougher to play i think, but when u see how fast healers drop with them its rewarding :)

thrust plays identically to slash, i use the same styles u do, except u have inferiour equivalent styles in sting and pierce. thrust does not require "more skill" and is not "harder to play". we all use positionals fella.

J

Jiggs

i dont use sting, in fact i dont use anytimes at all..

not everyone is so limited they got to spam anytimes ;)

K

K0nah

i dont use sting, in fact i dont use anytimes at all..

not everyone is so limited they got to spam anytimes ;)

okayyyy so your first strike is unstyled? or u go in with a positional and have it fail half the time when the target turns or moves? thereby losing your first 0s swing and a ton of dmg? good thinkin...

J

Jiggs

no i miss maybe 5% of positionals

think harder

K

K0nah

no i miss maybe 5% of positionals

think harder

u miss 5% of first-strike positionals? i'm thinkin ur full of it tbh :)

B

belth

and the higher ws.

Or if you're sick & tired of thrust weapons ;) Hmm, might stay Crush afterall...

I

Ialkarn

visit your local alchemist ;)

Since potions dosen't stack and we got 40 slots only (and not all free),use an haste potion every battle it's not a possible scenario.

K

K0nah

Since potions dosen't stack and we got 40 slots only (and not all free),use an haste potion every battle it's not a possible scenario.

hehe u need to catch up with the latest technology...

K

Kahland

Fader told me about a movie he saw from Excal FC or BF where the high rr MA merc didnt use stick and missed 90% of his attacks, hahahahahhahah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom