Mercenary speccing and race

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by K0nah
slash is still good(best) dmg type choice for merc, but theres tons of slashers out there already so let the thrustfotm boys balance it out a bit. diversity ist gud ja?

tss. only reason u like slash have to be cause only style u got on qbar is amy xD

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Jergiot
tss. only reason u like slash have to be cause only style u got on qbar is amy xD

or so all the n00b and non-slash mercs think yes.

S

swords

tbh the only styles i end up using are Dual Shadows, Flank, Shadows Rain and Backslash.
with the new bleed increase DS>Amy/Dia spam anytime of the week.

O

old.[BF]MaD

hi !
thank you for your generalisation !

and cram it up your ass thx !

O

old.LandShark

No seriously Jerg, he's also got backslash on there.
OH!
And diamond.
And his dmg type must be best, otherwise why would the great Konah be using it?

Konah tbh after you screamed at RR driver for being incompetent, when we were standing outside the keep leader told driver to go to, I think I'm always gonna ignore any of your "lol u noob" offerings in future, thanks.

B

bahamuts

can someone explain the meaning of fotm?

I understand what it means, but not every word :)

oh and I think highlander trust is best to have if its 50/50 str/dex.

and one reason why 50 trust is good is because of dragonfang

O

old.LandShark

Dragonfang is totally useless in group v group RvR, unless not merely are you fighting enemy tanks face to face, but you're also giving up parry reactionaries on the offchance of landing dragonfang and getting a few secs longer stun, with lower damage.

FOTM = flavour of the month.

M

mallan

Hmmm. K some may not like this and afaik i was (till now) the only highlander thrust merc on excal. And i honestly have to say the this crap with str/dex 50/50 is imho slightly off. I've played a thrust merc for min a year and have seen hardly any difference between different slash/crush/thrust damage deals its all roughly the same but i have to say thrust is by far the best for rvr.
As for the DF is group unfriendly i agree i have 2 quickbars 1 with df, 1 with sting and i use the sting quickbar for group rvr.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.LandShark

for one time in your life u got something right ;)

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by old.LandShark
No seriously Jerg, he's also got backslash on there.
OH!
And diamond.

Konah tbh after you screamed at RR driver for being incompetent, when we were standing outside the keep leader told driver to go to, I think I'm always gonna ignore any of your "lol u noob" offerings in future, thanks.

nah im just suprised how some1 thats RR8, and co-GM of a "RVR" guild can be so clueless :p dont feel like arguing with twats tbh.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Jergiot
nah im just suprised how some1 thats RR8, and co-GM of a "RVR" guild can be so clueless :p dont feel like arguing with twats tbh.

i'm not surprised n00bs take a superficial glance at the armour tables and reach the conclusion that thrust is better. with a bit more in-depth knowledge and experience of playing a merc and rvr tactics in general that conclusion is undermined somewhat.

yes thrust is better than slash vs mid chain, but when ALL factors are taken into consideration it is not 20% better, far from it. in many other rvr situations and conditions thrust is worse than slash. alot worse. for a merc slash is currently the best spec.

several things are reqd to change this, among them:

a halfway decent anytime added to dw or thrust lines (for use as a backup or opener)

a 4.1speed or greater thrust weapon introduced

but believe what u want n00b fotm boy :rolleyes:

W

wolfen_rb

Hey Belo !!

Yeah, join the FoTM - Boys - Club :cheers:

( btw. we Albs cant have FoTM !!! )

hello whiner ".....im oldschool-merc...go away ...bla bla bla....maaaami, im not longer elite..."
god u all scare me :eek:

btw. Belo u have to play the Mincer, if u wanna c Merc in bloodlust watch Oknelly...we pwned so bad last nite in Odins....:m00: just because of our ubah grp with ur elite Mincer skillz...god that was fun....MUAH !

oh, and yes : Thrust Highlander Merc ...if FoTM then real FoTM !

B

Belomar

Originally posted by mallan
Hmmm. K some may not like this and afaik i was (till now) the only highlander thrust merc on excal.
Umm, no. Tentagel is an oooold char and not a newly rerolled FotM.

E

earath

Konah, can i ask you in which commonly occuring circumstances that slash becomes better than thrust? I've wanted to roll a merc for a while but have had so much conflicting advice i've put the idea on hold.

From the mercs i've spoke to many are thrust and swear by it, but no-one has ever explained why - apart from the obvious thrust vs mid chain. I was planning on rolling a briton thrust merc - but i'd like to hear you reasons for going slash instead.

Cheers

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Pin
It's not no loss to disease.

It was no loss in the last patch due to (str+dex)/2 still being over 300 when buffed and diseased, but that does not matter now.

Oh, and you have lower weaponskill than Slash/Crush all the times you are not diseased/debuffed in this patch ;)

what I wonder is if you get the same WS with say 320 str and 300 dex as you would with 310 str 310 dex.

it seams to me that as a pure str ws user the returns from str above 300 is scaled downwards, meaning the 20 str would give less then 10 str 10 dex above 300. but is that how it works?

P

Pin

Originally posted by Belomar
Umm, no. Tentagel is an oooold char and not a newly rerolled FotM.

no, he's a newly respecced fotm (from a month or so ago anyway)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Gahldir
what I wonder is if you get the same WS with say 320 str and 300 dex as you would with 310 str 310 dex.

it seams to me that as a pure str ws user the returns from str above 300 is scaled downwards, meaning the 20 str would give less then 10 str 10 dex above 300. but is that how it works?

Yes. You get the same Thrust ws with 320/300 as with 310/310.

There is no diminished returns.,

K

K0nah

Originally posted by earath
Konah, can i ask you in which commonly occuring circumstances that slash becomes better than thrust?

Ask yourself what are the hardest targets to kill in rvr?

Casters? dmg type is irrelevant, quality of styles is everything (slash wins)

Healers? no defence, avg hitpoints. (who cares, they drop fast using /assist, slash gets druid bonus, whose usually stood on a chanter so killing him fast is advisable tbh, thrust gets healer/shammy bonus)

Support Chars? limited defence, avg hitpoints. (who cares, they drop fast using /assist)

Tanks? high defence, high hitpoints, instaheal (ie hard to kill, duh!)

then ask yourself who is the dmg dealer in a modern gank group? who are the ppl u have to kill/nullify to prevent your support being wiped out?

Yes the tanks, the hardest chars to kill. not the support chars..

Slash gives bonus dmg on Heros/Champs/Zerks and Savages...

everytime u initiate combat with a positional and it fails you've lost dmg (hi der phrust mercs!)

everytime u initiate combat with sting (snigger) you've done less dmg than a slash merc using amy4tehwin would have (excluding chain/reinf)

everytime u hit a runner with a rear style u hit for less than a slash merc would (pierce 0.7growth, backslash 0.93growth, excl chain/reinf)

everytime u double swing using a 3.6spd weapon instead of a 4.1 u give away .5s of self haste dps boost.

for giving up all this u get an effective ~10% boost to killing mid chain wearers and a 9s stun u will land every full moon (if lucky) in grp combat.

thrust is good, we need thrust mercs. its not better than slash tho i'm afraid.

hf with your fotm :clap:

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Pin
no, he's a newly respecced fotm (from a month or so ago anyway)

Yay!!!

I allways wanted to be a FoTM!!!

Highlander thrust merc, such a FoTM!! Ph33r me mids/hibs :great:

O

old.[BF]MaD

the problem arrises when u start calling every thrust merc a fotm noob.

my merc is over 7 months old , is rr6l6

i ve played slash , i ve played shield , and now i am thrust (been that for a long time)

you are not in the position to judge every thrust merc that u see out in rvr JUST cuz he runs around with a rapier.

i dont even think u have ever seriously played thrust merc at any given time.

imo u are all hopped up about people starting mercs and asking u questions and came to flame here a bit.

"Mommy, they are all playing MY class , please make them stop , i m speciaaaaal :( :( "

:rolleyes:

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.[BF]MaD
the problem arrises when u start calling every thrust merc a fotm noob.

my merc is over 7 months old , is rr6l6

i ve played slash , i ve played shield , and now i am thrust (been that for a long time)

you are not in the position to judge every thrust merc that u see out in rvr JUST cuz he runs around with a rapier.

i dont even think u have ever seriously played thrust merc at any given time.

imo u are all hopped up about people starting mercs and asking u questions and came to flame here a bit.

"Mommy, they are all playing MY class , please make them stop , i m speciaaaaal :( :( "

:rolleyes:

k.

oh and take a chill pill.

J

Jergiot

i'm not surprised n00bs take a superficial glance at the armour tables and reach the conclusion that thrust is better. with a bit more in-depth knowledge and experience of playing a merc and rvr tactics in general that conclusion is undermined somewhat.

yes thrust is better than slash vs mid chain, but when ALL factors are taken into consideration it is not 20% better, far from it. in many other rvr situations and conditions thrust is worse than slash. alot worse. for a merc slash is currently the best spec.

several things are reqd to change this, among them:

a halfway decent anytime added to dw or thrust lines (for use as a backup or opener)

a 4.1speed or greater thrust weapon introduced

but believe what u want n00b fotm boy :rolleyes:

like i said, clueless. how about u try them both before opening ur big mouth? oh and if u have tried them both, try harder. its kinda amusing when u think about it. With GM like u, no wonder FC is one of the most hated guilds in albion. shame really, u got some really good and friendly guys in the guild. tobad they are being dragged down to the shit cause of ppl like u. now go spam amy slash some more gimp. instead of being happy that albs are rolling a usefull and balanced tank, ur insulting them. now go and get gear for ur FOTM scout....

edit: im not gonna drag on and keep on bithcing with u, write what u want here, i wont answer. u want anything PM me ingame.

O

old.[BF]MaD

k.

oh and take a chill pill.

really funny to see discussion with kiddies
all responses are like this then

"l33t"
"take a chill pill"

simply because u do not know what to answer

C

Chuffy

So basically what Konah is saying. He wants a good anytime so he can beat up tanks better?

He'd get on great with guardxman

A

Apathy

Besides a whole lot of colonic irrigation, the only thing Konah would benefit from is a slash style that doesn't break CC on tanks.

a.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Chuffy
So basically what Konah is saying. He wants a good anytime so he can beat up tanks better?

simpleton, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom