Memorial - Sisifos

D

DroP DeaD

I would like to propose a memorial for dear friend to some, enemys to other realms, and loved member of the game DAoC Sisifos to be held this coming Sunday 1st of June 2003.

It will be the same as the guy from Hibbie that died from cancer (sorwie I cant remember his name) where there will be 30-60min of no fighting and whoever wants to desturb the peace can be named and shamed.

I will propose this idea to GoA and please give additional stuff that I might have missed I cant think straight atm.

I wasnt a personal friend of Sisifos but I feel very sad because it brings back memorys for me and im sure alot of others can relate.

/cry :(

A

alme

Nice thought but there will always be some trigger happy retard there to destroy it..

D

DroP DeaD

Thats why im trying to get GoAs help with this..

N

Novamir

actually GOA have proved to be quite co-operative with community matters. eg, deygos' duels

O

old.Niljindil

A tip, and i *strongly* recommend you follow it, do like hibs did with the last memorial we had(not for oggy, the guy you are talking about) and do it IN YOUR OWN REALM. Was held in mag mell, everyone who knew the guy was there(i think?) and they all had a calm mourning session, just like it should be.

Dont do the mistake of holding silly events in emain, it just... wont.. work.

</rant>

O

old.Niljindil

Oh and....

Originally posted by alme
Nice thought but there will always be some trigger happy retard there to destroy it..

This quote sums it all up quite nicely tho maybe a bit blunt :p

O

old.Niljindil

Originally posted by DroP DeaD
No it was Oggy I am talking about.

I know, i said that, i suggested you DONT do it like the oggy one, but the last one who was held in mag mell(Cant remember name sorry :()

D

DroP DeaD

Cancer in the stomach (was just posted in Excal/Albion/In the memory of Sisifos)

K

Kagato.

Its a nice idea, but as said above, don't do it in emain or any of the enemy frontiers, its just asking for trouble, upset and ill feeling.

Do it like the 11/09/01 memorial in Hadriens wall, an area still in the frontier but not in the path of main rvr mindless zergs.

Also seeing as its albions own frontier it is more fitting anyway really.

I doubt GOA will help though, theres not much they really can do to help to be honest other then post some form of recognition on the main site, which would be nice but theres little you can expect them to do in game.

With all do respect a memorial in Hadriens Wall is the wisest and possibly most fitting tribute to perform if you wish to do one that is accessible to respected enemies of his from the other realms.

B

bracken_woodman

Nice idea Drop - unfortunately Im not around on 1st am. Really hope it can be organised.

K

Karlo

I would like to propose a memorial for dear friend to some, enemys to other realms, and loved member of the game DAoC Sisifos to be held this coming Sunday 1st of June 2003.

It will be the same as the guy from Hibbie that died from cancer (sorwie I cant remember his name) where there will be 30-60min of no fighting and whoever wants to desturb the peace can be named and shamed.

I will propose this idea to GoA and please give additional stuff that I might have missed I cant think straight atm.

I wasnt a personal friend of Sisifos but I feel very sad because it brings back memorys for me and im sure alot of others can relate.

Drop, its a great idea but I propose you dont hold it in emain.

I was one of the commanding officers in Terra Dominus at the time of oggys passing and helped the organiziation. But then we had a guild (im not mentioning who because its been and gone) destroy it and farm rp off everyone literally 20 seconds after the ceramony ended. This fueled a great deal of insult on barrysworld and did more harm then good.

GOA are co-operative, but I suggest holding the memorial in camelot instead.

T

Tyka

:(

alb_pbaoe.jpg

He was a good player..

A

Arnor

thought of that too when I read that he died, do it in hadrians, should be nice&quiet

G

Gahldir

Think you should not do it in emain. Better do it inside the Albion realm, or if you insist on doing it in a frontier do it in HW.

J

Jiggs

emain is completely the wrong place for this in my opinion

also it would be nicer if you wait and see what his guild/friends/alliance want to do...

D

DroP DeaD

Nerf my thread plz and delete it... Wasnt thinking straight at the time. Decusing it with other people now.

V

vulcan1

Originally posted by old.Niljindil
I know, i said that, i suggested you DONT do it like the oggy one, but the last one who was held in mag mell(Cant remember name sorry :()

Kilore Of Dreams was the one held in MM, the guild emblem of Axiom Knights was displayed in and around MM.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by Kagato.
With all do respect a memorial in Hadriens Wall is the wisest and possibly most fitting tribute to perform if you wish to do one that is accessible to respected enemies of his from the other realms.

There was an absolutly _stunning_ video made in memory of someone in the US who died, it was done at HW, i acctually cry'ed after watching it :(
But they had like 4 wizards casting their diamond shield at the same time, it was.. beutiful.

Tilda

K

Kagato.

Originally posted by Tilda
There was an absolutly _stunning_ video made in memory of someone in the US who died, it was done at HW, i acctually cry'ed after watching it :(
But they had like 4 wizards casting their diamond shield at the same time, it was.. beutiful.

Tilda

I remember seeing that one, though I can't seem to find it anywhere now. Remember by Aladora is quite similer too, though they actually did manage to pull of a memorial in emain with that one. That one is about 29 mb though.

Movies

S

salamurhaaja

I don't read alb-section at all.

Hope you post here place and time, if other than alb-realm if invited.
Even though I could be high in certain Alb's hit-list, I would be honoured to participate such event.

T

Tilda

and apathy thats not _the_ one.
the real one had 4 wizzies and was at a much better resolution. and had someone called elric stormbringer (or elfslayer ?) who was the bloke who died, in it.

Tilda

O

old.LandShark

Am I the only one who finds this morbid as all hell?

T

Tigerius

Vetusta Abbey is a good roleplaying location in Albion, Round Table obviously and the Camelot Church & Cemetary (which is a bit small but highly appropriate). Can be used in an appropriate combination, with a procession inbetween :)

Emain is a definite no no IMO, but Alb frontier is possible, say the ruined temple near HMG Hadrians.

Could try to make an appropriate movie I suppose but as pointed out, lets make sure it's all tasteful :)

Users who are viewing this thread