maxing out paladin damage?

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I recently got 50 and in template on my Paladin and I gotta say the damage out put is pretty poor... could be coz of the spec I went... not too sure...

I'm currently RR2l2 with the following spec...

Slash 34
Shield 42
2hd 44
Chant 32
Parry 15

I cap block with moblock 3... I know paladins are not suppose to be huge damage dealers but the damage output I thought would be alot better than what I'm doing at the moment.

So any experienced paladins out there know how to get the most damage output out of the paladin itself?

Ive tried numerous specs and im quite disapointed but im trying not to give up so soon.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Don't believe Mythic mate.. Paladins really can't deal damage and that's not what they are used for either! TT used to run one in their assist train, but I think that was mostly because of the chants and no other tanks available :p

Survivability and defence is what they are all about

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
Don't believe Mythic mate.. Paladins really can't deal damage and that's not what they are used for either! TT used to run one in their assist train, but I think that was mostly because of the chants and no other tanks available :p

Survivability and defence is what they are all about

:iagree: WORD !!! My main was a Pally back on EU and as Corn says they CANT deal dmg , but are realy good survivors , a well played Pally outlive many other classes in game due to being though . I'd compare them to a Warden with no abla/spd chant a slightly higher dmg out put (and ofc higher AF) ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
As they said and as I told you :p you out last people, thats how it is. Max you'll be hitting players for is 90-150 ish vs other tanks and prob 200-250 vs slash weak sneaks (1handed that is)

Can't say much for 2handed, hybrid is pointless on paladins imo, hybrid paladins are simply Armsman wannabes :) lower damage out put than arms but with a few extra chanty toys, pretty much sums up hybrid paladins.

Edit: not saying hybrid paladins can't hit hard, my paladin on gaheris hits like a train in duels :p you need alot of rr's under the belt for that sort of damage out put tho, talking rr8+ go S/S and do alot of grouping/soloing until then, get a fat solo template with alot of toys in it to survive for years - also use 2x bots cleric + friar (friar heal proc has a much higher proc rate than clerics + it lasts longer) every bit helps.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Also adding: You meet any other tanks with SoM up as an S/S pala and you're pretty much fucked. You won't do enough damage to beat the Ablative+Heal procs off armor at the same time.

CorNokZ

You hit xxx for 0(-90) dmg... ;(

+he heals for 130.. Would have been better off with a fumble :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You hit xxx for 0(-90) dmg... ;(

+he heals for 130.. Would have been better off with a fumble :D

If you meet a shield user it'll look like this if he/her has SoM up

x Parrys your attack
x Blocks your attack
You hit x for 150 damage (-xx)
A barrier absorbs 150 damage
x Parrys your attack
x Blocks your attack
x is healed

and so forth in short you literally cannot kill a shield tank if they've got som up as a paladin (thanks mythic for the silly amount of heal procs) kinda shitty that people can kill S/S paladins not because of skill but because of an item use.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Its a shame Apocalypse doesnt have any ToA bonus's on it or i'd have made a pure 2handed template, you can get by without slam as a paladin if you can strafe well due to 2h side chain having a stun on it, pretty easy to do I used to do it to people in duels on gaheris.

Apocalypse would be used purely because the name of the weapon is awesome, procs on it are utter cack... ablative + omni drain ? qq, 2h dragon weps for albs are shit aswell. + i've got apocalypse on ywain ho ho.

Yrendan

Can't get enough of FH
Plz Plz respec to 44 slash and remove 2 handed, hybrid paladin is grp only spec.
Max out your defence, paladin is a defensive class, your dmg after rr6 will get high enough. You will be able to kill all classes except warriors & valks(valks cant kill you and you cant kill them), champions can be killed if you time your stuns and outlast them :p

PS:Use your warlord abilities if they are up, I should use them more when I was soloing with paladin xD

Edit: go 44 slash 42 shield 45 chant rest parry

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Plz Plz respec to 44 slash and remove 2 handed, hybrid paladin is grp only spec.
Max out your defence, paladin is a defensive class, your dmg after rr6 will get high enough. You will be able to kill all classes except warriors & valks(valks cant kill you and you cant kill them), champions can be killed if you time your stuns and outlast them :p

PS:Use your warlord abilities if they are up, I should use them more when I was soloing with paladin xD

Edit: go 44 slash 42 shield 45 chant rest parry

disagree with 44 slash :p 34 slash is more than enough, unless you really want back slash go 39, composite on paladins does more or less nothing you still hit like a sissy, i'd go

34 slash
50 shield
46 chants
18 parry

Thadius

Part of the furniture
If tyou want a damage tank, roll a merc or a armsman at a puss.

Paladins are defensive characters

CorNokZ

50 shield for that 1 extra second of stun? And why both with the 6sec stun if you have slam? Might aswell just go 29slash and put more pts into chants and parry if you go 50 shield

I'd go:
39slash
42shield
46chants
26parry

or

39slash
42shield
50chants
18parry

or

29slash
50shield
50chants
16parry

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
50 shield for that 1 extra second of stun? And why both with the 6sec stun if you have slam? Might aswell just go 29slash and put more pts into chants and parry if you go 50 shield

I'd go:
39slash
42shield
46chants
26parry

or

39slash
42shield
50chants
18parry

or

29slash
50shield
50chants
16parry

On i'm about solo spec :p pure grp spec 42 shield.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
If tyou want a damage tank, roll a merc or a armsman at a puss.

Paladins are defensive characters

I picked Paladin because it was most obvious to go for an Armsman/Reaver etc... as most players tend to go for the obvious classes for 1 on 1 which is 1 of the main reasons I chose the Paladin just to see how it can handle.

CorNokZ

I picked Paladin because it was most obvious to go for an Armsman/Reaver etc... as most players tend to go for the obvious classes for 1 on 1 which is 1 of the main reasons I chose the Paladin just to see how it can handle.

You can start handling stuff at about rr5 on your own.. I got owned a lot of Dyvet when I solo'd on my paladin simply because people were higher rr or were named Eul :p

And as most people that solo on Ywain is high rr and one is well not named Eul, but is Eul so I can see you getting spanked a lot :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Indeed, if only more people did it :p when me/divious and zaksoth played thanes in OF/pretoa people were always like "why do you play a thane?" most common answer is "Because I want to play something thats fun, not because its stupidly over powered"

CorNokZ

eh wtf BO? Hammers and Spears were probably the things I feared THE MOST in OF :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
eh wtf BO? Hammers and Spears were probably the things I feared THE MOST in OF :D

I'm sure the mid zerg would agree after having just mezzed alb relic raid :p hammers were fun tho yea, people used to complain about the lag when thanes let rip.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
I recently got 50 and in template on my Paladin and I gotta say the damage out put is pretty poor... could be coz of the spec I went... not too sure...

Slash 34
Shield 42
2hd 44
Chant 32
Parry 15

I cap block with moblock 3... I know paladins are not suppose to be huge damage dealers but the damage output I thought would be alot better than what I'm doing at the moment.

So any experienced paladins out there know how to get the most damage output out of the paladin itself?

Ive tried numerous specs and im quite disapointed but im trying not to give up so soon.

Played a rr9 hybrid briton paladin some years ago. And from my own experience I would say all paladin dmg comes out of high mop and hit rate.

44 2h and 10 melee dmg 10 style dmg I would hit ppl for around 390-450 with a 0.6 growth style. Today palas enjoy 0.99 growth anytimer and your dmg should easily be in the 420-550 without crits on stealthers, casters on tanks I would guess base dmg to be around 190-350 with cele, it is the fast hitrate together with high MoP that is your dps.

I had like purge3, mop5, str3, mob3 ip2 on my pala and it was good. Add dragon large shield, som, slayers parts and sidi bp armor, greater health myth and you should be able to kill most ppl.

But you have to understand that palas now when it comes to 1v1 doesn't have that much edge on other ppl since celerity is very accesible, health generation, defence/AF and so on.. every other heavy tank has this today.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Played a rr9 hybrid briton paladin some years ago. And from my own experience I would say all paladin dmg comes out of high mop and hit rate.

I would agree with high MoP and hit rate. Paladins are on a very low weapon skill table so if you're 29slash you'll miss so much it's untrue :(

If I were to play my paladin again (lets say s/s) I would go Thrust because those bleeds are amazing! My friend is Thrust on his scout and I wanted to try Slash. I could hit for more dmg with Amy slash, but he kept bleeds on me which negates the Heal Myth iirc. Also it was "addtional damage". I found GoV was great for this due to the double dot thingy which would proc. It was all additional damage.

I know there is a heal shield you can use, but see if there is one which proc's a DoT or DD (or maybe omni) when struck. If the proc rate is good it will really help things along.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

44 2h and 10 melee dmg 10 style dmg I would hit ppl for around 390-450 with a 0.6 growth style. Today palas enjoy 0.99 growth anytimer and your dmg should easily be in the 420-550 without crits on stealthers, casters on tanks I would guess base dmg to be around 190-350 with cele, it is the fast hitrate together with high MoP that is your dps.

I had like purge3, mop5, str3, mob3 ip2 on my pala and it was good. Add dragon large shield, som, slayers parts and sidi bp armor, greater health myth and you should be able to kill most ppl.

But you have to understand that palas now when it comes to 1v1 doesn't have that much edge on other ppl since celerity is very accesible, health generation, defence/AF and so on.. every other heavy tank has this today.

Pretty much, hitty the majority of tanks for 90-140 ish atm at rr4 1handed none crits, hitting sneaks from 170-270 1handed, alot of toys floating about that rapes melee damage atm tho I meet some sb's I hit for almost as low as tanks.

Edit: and if you meet a 2handed savage as a paladin you might aswell just sit down, because they're patheticly overpowered 1v1 atm hitting at 1.5 sec swing speeds with a 6.0 speed weapon and extra melee damage is just off the charts, the worse part is the amount they evade and parry (wtb nerf on them) even easier than a warlock to play at present savages :p and thats hard truth.

YouTube- TheGood 2H Troll Savage DAOC - pretty much sums savages up.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Slash 34
Shield 42
2hd 44
Chant 32
Parry 15

why take shield RA's when you want damage? with 42 shield u dont need it anyway as slam last i looked werent a reactionary.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Edit: and if you meet a 2handed savage as a paladin you might aswell just sit down, because they're patheticly overpowered 1v1 atm hitting at 1.5 sec swing speeds with a 6.0 speed weapon and extra melee damage is just off the charts,

didnt they nerf savages ability to equip 6.0 speed weapons tho?

as far as i know they can only use 5.0 speed 2 handers.

or did they change that again? >.<

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
didnt they nerf savages ability to equip 6.0 speed weapons tho?

as far as i know they can only use 5.0 speed 2 handers.

or did they change that again? >.<

They can use 6.0 weapons, hitting at 1.5spd per second barely missing anyone :/ checked combat log for savage I had a fight with on paladin and out of 20+ hits I didn't block or parry once (not kidding either), they have way to much offence at the moment. He was hitting me for 350-400-ish every 1.5 in plate with 1009 AF or so.

They need a nerf so badly the attack speed with 2handers does atleast.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
i went with blood's advice and went 50 shield 34 slash 18 parry 46 chant and to be honest im quite impressed :) I won my first 1 v 1 the other day against a rr4 nightshade hehe \o/ Although I did have shades up, abs warguard and dumped like a madman, hehe :) also chanted like there was no tomorrow but hey im only RR2!!! :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i went with blood's advice and went 50 shield 34 slash 18 parry 46 chant and to be honest im quite impressed :) I won my first 1 v 1 the other day against a rr4 nightshade hehe \o/ Although I did have shades up, abs warguard and dumped like a madman, hehe :) also chanted like there was no tomorrow but hey im only RR2!!! :p

Yea, when you get around rr4 you can go 39 slash 42 shield 26 parry 46 chants or so and still have capped block rate and close to capped parry rate iirc, I went that spec at rr4 and it screws dual wielders over completely, you either parry or block most :p theres only annoying people that run through the entire fight that manage to hit you most times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom