Marvel Heroes

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
So its out now, level 35 at the moment and its already getting mind numbingly boring. Max level is 60 and every single level after 30 takes roughly 4-6 hours of none stop grind to obtain, each level gained after 30 just increases that time frame, they've set it up quite well to be a big fat cash cow :p because no one is going to want to XP without stacking 200% bonus XP up which conveniently you can buy from their cash store.

Other things I've found wrong with the game

- No additional difficulty setting, once you finish the story mode at around 25 you will never go back to the story mode again except if you decide to level a new hero. All you have to do after the story mode is 3 terminals which I will explain below :p

Green Terminal - Solo daily quests, basically lets you play a selection of stages from the story over and over again, once you finish all of these all you get is an up leveled version of them to continue doing again.

Red Terminal - You need a Cosmic Key to do these dailies, Cosmic Keys can be obtained via random low % boss drops or from the cash shop for roughly $1 - the red terminals are virtually no different than the green ones, enemies are a bit harder and the XP is a bit better - no difference beyond that.

Challenge Mode Terminal - Made for 3-15 players, says you need a Cosmic Key to do them but you can enter them currently without using Cosmic Keys. Its just a large zone with a few objectives and a boss at the end.

- - - -

Summery - some things need to change quickly or I can see people quitting, already loads of whine on the forums over the XP rates more or less forcing you into making cash shop purchases to get any further so I'm not alone in that one :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
I was tempted but I'm honestly not being lured into F2P any more.

Fuck that shit.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
it almost sounds like the game was designed in a way to encourage people to go to the cash store, but that can't be the case surely........

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The price for the DLC's is shocking, $84 each! For a costume pack and a few extra hero choices. Put me off straight away. Now that I've read Blood's summary think this is a non starter. Better off sticking with GW2 or wait a bit for Wildstar for something to do before UC.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The game itself is built well, i can't fault it for that.. its just the design choices they've chosen really let it down, most of them seem like they've been built for blatant cash grabbing rather than keeping players happy/interested.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
really dissapointed in the game. its 2013 not 2000. man man man

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
really dissapointed in the game. its 2013 not 2000. man man man

Indeed, rest XP was bugged all day yesterday and hopefully today :p it didn't decay so had rest xp all day xD

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just had another fuck on with it :p they released a patch this morning and apparently its causing peoples clients to completely re-install the game without un-installing the previous version resulting in a large folder full of crap.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
lol.. Pushed before done it seems?

More than likely, the amount of problems were a joke at launch :p I havent logged in since the client issue, simply have no time for a company that can't be arsed to test its own patches before it applies them, had they tested it they'd have clearly seen there was an issue with it forcing people to re-download the client.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Nail on the head pretty much. Quite sad really when you think it's David Breivik, the man responsible for Diablo that has made it. He's basically sold out and jumped on the F2P train and molded the game around it.

At this point I've pretty much lost all hope in ARPGs (Marvel Heroes is an ARPG not MMO like they keep claiming), I'll just continue trying out the new Diablo III patches until they make it bearable.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah, i've had about 6 hours playtime and..... I dunno, it's not an awful game, it's just dull. You either cruise through all the content or you'll get horribly murdered without any hope of survival.

It's so bad that "playing smart" is borderline irrelevant apart from spamming AE's and single target attacks.

I got Storm and Daredevil, and neither of them have anything exciting about them. I just run up to a ton of mobs and spam AE's and watch stuff die. The only times it's challenging is when the mobs presumably are higher level them i am (hard to tell when they are tbfh), and that generally means i die a lot instead..

And then there's the loading times and FPS issues... OH MY FUCKING GOD how did they manage to fuck up the unreal engine THIS BADLY?!? :(

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Nail on the head pretty much. Quite sad really when you think it's David Breivik, the man responsible for Diablo that has made it. He's basically sold out and jumped on the F2P train and molded the game around it.

At this point I've pretty much lost all hope in ARPGs (Marvel Heroes is an ARPG not MMO like they keep claiming), I'll just continue trying out the new Diablo III patches until they make it bearable.

Come back to daoc :clap:

edit: Deebs, wtf? :clap: doesn't work anymore!?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I bet he perms spams his wife with love and affection, then goes cold for a few weeks before harassing her again.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
he got to the end game with her ages ago, then there was nothing interesting to do.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom