Marvel Heroes closed beta weekend

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Anyone else get in for the closed beta weekend? starts at midnight tonight I believe (key I got says 5:00pm PDT anyway)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well tried it for abit last night, was fucking awesome, was pleasantly surprised at how good it felt :) I thought it'd just be another shit Diablo clone but it was far from it - will definitely be buying it on release.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Got a spare key mate? I'd love to have a go at it :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
got no spare key sadly no :( just what I got mailed off them.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
How does one acquire a key? Had no idea that this game was being made, but will have a crack at it when the beta goes live, for sure!

CORN SMAAAASH!!!*

*guess which hero I will play

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Man this is awesome, just pre-ordered it :) feels alot like Diablo II. Few snippets of info I managed to pick up while playing for those interested.

There are 2 ways you can unlock new heroes, you can either buy them from the cash shop or if you are lucky enough they drop randomly ingame from enemies (same with costumes and respec potions)

The world is shared between all players but instances are not shared (unless you are in the same group)

Enemy loot is also not shared, you get your own loot drops much like Diablo III

There are event bosses that randomly spawn on specific chapters, these require multiple people to kill they are equivalent to raid bosses (maybe later with gear/the right hero you can solo them - the ones I met while playing tho hit hard/some of them 1 shot)

You can level up your crafter/vendors by feeding them items

Thats all, not sure what else there is really - haven't been following the game at all if I'm honest as I pegged it as another failed Diablo clone, I was wrong tho it seems.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Play it for a week or 2 BloodOmen then give us your thought after the honey moon period has gone, was watching your stream yesterday as you played as Thor it did look fun but will that last more than a week?

The NDA lifted and the guys who have been playing it a while says its a very simple game and if you took the licence away it would be ignored.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The NDA lifted and the guys who have been playing it a while says its a very simple game and if you took the licence away it would be ignored.

Though in that case if you took bioshock, removed rapture and stuck it in a generic subway tunnel with you shooting bandits with a magnum then i guess it'd be too ;)

Or instead of fighting aliens in xcom you fought nazis in ww2.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Play it for a week or 2 BloodOmen then give us your thought after the honey moon period has gone, was watching your stream yesterday as you played as Thor it did look fun but will that last more than a week?

Not really relevant what I think about it tho :p if I hate it after 2 weeks or a month or even 2 months that doesn't mean you will, I play games alot more than the average gamer, its naturally I burn out faster.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Ah I just meant give us a mini review once you have played more and the niggles start to show and the awesome things that you love am tempted to buy but waiting on more posts from you :) hope you get that stream up again later.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ah I just meant give us a mini review once you have played more and the niggles start to show and the awesome things that you love am tempted to buy but waiting on more posts from you :) hope you get that stream up again later.

Beta weekend is over now :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
It says on the website that if you preorder one of the expensive copies you get access to the beta? or is that just beta weekends?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It says on the website that if you preorder one of the expensive copies you get access to the beta? or is that just beta weekends?

You get access to whatever schedule they post on the launcher - it takes upto 7 days to receive your full beta access tho, i ordred the £39 thor pack :p not sure if I have my access yet but the next beta is - game launches on June 4th aswell so the last beta will likely be around the middle/near the end of May.

Week Day Start Time End Time

Wed May 1, 2013 1:00 AM (UTC+0100) 5:00 AM (UTC+0100)
Fri May 3, 2013 1:00 AM (UTC+0100) 5:00 AM (UTC+0100)

Weekend Start Date/Time Weekend End Date/Time

Sat May 4, 2013 3:00 AM (UTC+0100) Mon May 6, 2013 6:00 PM (UTC+0100)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Played some Hulk last night game was fun will definitely play this.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yea tried Hulk this morning :) pretty strong, especially Anger gets built up.

Others I've tried so far

Scarlet Witch - Has good aoe/cc/debuffing
Thor - Very strong melee and relatively good ranged aoe
Deadpool - Never got very high with Deadpool, seems more of a support hero tho (can drop items that buffs the party for example)
Cyclops - seemed to have pretty good single target damage, also has group passives to buff XP Gain / Dodge
Thing - Mix of good single target/support shields for group

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Been trying Hulk abit more today, can do some silly damage later on :) almost tempted to stick with Hulk at launch, he has good farming potential. I think most people will likely go Jean and Iron Man, both of them seem quite overpowered at present, the reason I won't roll them is because they are likely the ones that will be nerfed first.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Bah :(

Not that support is wrong, but deadpool as support seems so.

He can do damage or seems to don't get me wrong :p but for the most part he seems to just be comedy/support, he can put little deadpools down for example that taunt enemies into attacking them, they then explode.. he can also drop 5 items on the ground that look like childrens toys that when picked up by deadpool or other players buff them loads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom