City of Heroes spiritual successor coming to kickstarter

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The Phoenix Project is being built using the Unreal Engine, as Epic has licensed the engine to Missing Worlds with no money down until the team gets funded.

That's kinda pleasantly surprising....

Wasn't expecting people in that business to still have a beating heart....

Poag

m00?
The unreal licence is actually pretty good. Under certain conditions you pay hardly anything until it gets released and the cash roles in, then they pay royalties for the engine.

While Unreal Engine 3 has been quite open for modders to work with, the ability to publish and sell games made using UE3 was restricted to licensees of the engine. However, in November 2009, Epic released a free version of UE3's SDK, called the Unreal Development Kit (UDK), that is available to the general public. According to the current EULA, game developers can sell their games by paying Epic the cost of $99 USD, and 25% royalty on UDK related revenue from all UDK-based games or commercial applications above US$50,000.[41] The December 2010 UDK release added support for creating iOS games. As of the September 2011 release, iOS, OS X, and Windows platforms all support UDK-created games.

Aada

Part of the furniture
This type of MMO just isn't viable long term I'm afraid, people get bored way too fast for some reason I don't know many people that played either COH/COV for longer than 3 months most quit after the free month saying there was not enough to justify a monthly sub.

Good luck to them they will need it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
This type of MMO just isn't viable long term I'm afraid, people get bored way too fast for some reason I don't know many people that played either COH/COV for longer than 3 months most quit after the free month saying there was not enough to justify a monthly sub.

Good luck to them they will need it.

COH and COV would still be going had NCSoft not turned the servers off :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
what i heard, not sure how true it was, is that they made Lineage and COH/V F2P and whichever won, would stay open and shut the other

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
what i heard, not sure how true it was, is that they made Lineage and COH/V F2P and whichever won, would stay open and shut the other

Lol very stupid if that's how they did it because Lineage is full of botters, there was an article donkeys years ago about the number of bots in Linage and it was speculated that the bots outweighed the players at one point.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Lol very stupid if that's how they did it because Lineage is full of botters, there was an article donkeys years ago about the number of bots in Linage and it was speculated that the bots outweighed the players at one point.

yeah i tried that game a few years ago and the amount of bots around the first few quest areas grinding all the mobs were staggering. There were literally hundreds of them....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Depends if they manage to put in something more then wallrunning and beat'em'up. -Just- CoV/CoH won't do anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom