Mars Conspiracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
So K9 makes his point and you just dont reply on it?:p

Anyway I doubt any of these things are artificial, but some of these shadows are created by hills not craters.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Right, now the crater. I've circled the best example of what I'm about to describe from your chosen snap in red.

crater.gif

For the minute, let's say that the light is coming from the top left corner as you hypothesise. What you see first is a dark shadow, indicating that for whatever reason, there is a depression around a dome. Everything OK so far. Then you've got the bright light of the sun shining on said dome. Still ok, feasible, even though erosion doesn't cause domes naturally - there is always a weakness found by the wind/water/whatever which causes the shape to become irregular. Then you've got the dark shadow on the far side, indicating that we're dealing with quite a steep slope here that no light reaches. Note also that it's quite large, indicating that we're looking at quite a tall structure. Still, everything checks out. However, you next come to a very bright highlight which would have to be around the depression I mentioned earlier. If the shadow was being caused by a dome, this highlight would not be visible as the shadow would cover it, and extend towards the bottom right of the image.

Hence, we are in fact looking at a crater, more easily visible if the image is rotated 180 degrees.

How are these lights created by a crater? Firstly, craters have a raised lip (see earlier post about this). Starting from the bottom right, you've got the sun shining on the lip. Then you've got the deep, large and spread-out shadow created by the lip on the deep depression inside. Then you've got the opposite side of the crater, onto which the sunlight again shines, creating a bright highlight at the apex. Then, again, you've got shadow - created by the lip around the top-left of the crater.

Any questions? All of this is, by the way, visible on the main crater as well, but I chose the one in the top right as it's more easily visible and describable.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
who are you to say exactly how light works in that atmosphere? and to say which natural phenomenon occur on a planet you have very little knowledge of?

you are no one, look at the middle as i said, whatever is there is DEEPER than the stuff immediately surrounding it.

no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!, they are small craters wether in a crater or on a dome, they are craters. this cant be denied, just look at them please.

study the light on them, its simple

plain and obvious

if it was a crater we seem to have two light sources both selectively chosing which parts to illuminate

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
I'm getting tired of this idiocy.

It's a crater, and they're boulders that have blatantly either rolled down the sides, or landed there as a result of an impact. You're completely wrong when you say they're depressions whether it's a dome or a crater, the light is on the OPPOSITE side on the objects (dark in the top left, light in the bottom right), meaning that they're the OPPOSITE to the crater/dome in/on which they sit.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Wildfire said:
Right, now the crater. I've circled the best example of what I'm about to describe from your chosen snap in red.

crater.gif

For the minute, let's say that the light is coming from the top left corner as you hypothesise. What you see first is a dark shadow, indicating that for whatever reason, there is a depression around a dome. Everything OK so far. Then you've got the bright light of the sun shining on said dome. Still ok, feasible, even though erosion doesn't cause domes naturally - there is always a weakness found by the wind/water/whatever which causes the shape to become irregular. Then you've got the dark shadow on the far side, indicating that we're dealing with quite a steep slope here that no light reaches. Note also that it's quite large, indicating that we're looking at quite a tall structure. Still, everything checks out. However, you next come to a very bright highlight which would have to be around the depression I mentioned earlier. If the shadow was being caused by a dome, this highlight would not be visible as the shadow would cover it, and extend towards the bottom right of the image.

Hence, we are in fact looking at a crater, more easily visible if the image is rotated 180 degrees.

How are these lights created by a crater? Firstly, craters have a raised lip (see earlier post about this). Starting from the bottom right, you've got the sun shining on the lip. Then you've got the deep, large and spread-out shadow created by the lip on the deep depression inside. Then you've got the opposite side of the crater, onto which the sunlight again shines, creating a bright highlight at the apex. Then, again, you've got shadow - created by the lip around the top-left of the crater.

Any questions? All of this is, by the way, visible on the main crater as well, but I chose the one in the top right as it's more easily visible and describable.

I can see your point. But, surely if the light is coming from the bottom-right and it is indeed a crater, then the small raised marks in the middle would be illuminated on their bottom-right sides and not on their top-left sides as it seems to show on the picture.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
This is probably the most irrelevant discussion in the history of the human race.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Don't make me post my uni snaps again and make you look like even more stupid than you've already managed on your own.

Edit: And the rocks are illuminated on the lower-right side. Open your eyessssss.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Wildfire said:
I'm getting tired of this idiocy.

It's a crater, and they're boulders that have blatantly either rolled down the sides, or landed there as a result of an impact. You're completely wrong when you say they're depressions whether it's a dome or a crater, the light is on the OPPOSITE side on the objects (dark in the top left, light in the bottom right), meaning that they're the OPPOSITE to the crater/dome in/on which they sit.

boulder huh, those are supposed to leave some kind of trail that stays for ever in that kinda atmosphere yeah?

dont see anything like that, why are the white bits on that much more pure than any white on the pic? they are obvously faces higher than than the rest of the pic, being right in the bottom of a crater wouldnt give loads of light

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
No. Unlike the moon, mars has wind you fucktard. Dust blows and settles on mars just like it does here.

Next.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Wildfire said:
Don't make me post my uni snaps again and make you look like even more stupid than you've already managed on your own.

Edit: And the rocks are illuminated on the lower-right side. Open your eyessssss.

It depends on which way you look at it.

zRRR

Banned
the question is, what caused the boulder to move? aliens? i think not!

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Wildfire said:
No. Unlike the moon, mars has wind you fucktard. Dust blows and settles on mars just like it does here.

Next.

because craters are so windy?

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
grav·i·ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (grv-t)
n.
Physics.
The natural force of attraction exerted by a celestial body, such as Earth, upon objects at or near its surface, tending to draw them toward the center of the body.
The natural force of attraction between any two massive bodies, which is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.
Gravitation.
Grave consequence; seriousness or importance: They are still quite unaware of the gravity of their problems.
Solemnity or dignity of manner.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
No k9. Because of the exact opposite. Because the wind is disturbed by the crater and eddies of stillness form, dust and particles settle out of the wind and drop to the floor. You're really trying hard today but what you're forgetting is that I am actually more educated than your average forum peon.

Anyway. Next.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
yeah well done

i can do this too

el·e·phant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l-fnt)
n.

1. Either of two very large herbivorous mammals, Elephas maximus of south-central Asia or Loxodonta africana of Africa, having thick, almost hairless skin, a long, flexible, prehensile trunk, upper incisors forming long curved tusks of ivory, and, in the African species, large fan-shaped ears.
2. Any of various extinct or living animals related to either of these two animals.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Wildfire said:
No k9. Because of the exact opposite. Because the wind is disturbed by the crater and eddies of stillness form, dust and particles settle out of the wind and drop to the floor. You're really trying hard today but what you're forgetting is that I am actually more educated than your average forum peon.

Anyway. Next.

Wow...

Just make sure you don't hit that huge head as you leave.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Wildfire said:

maybe you are but i doubt you have any more knowledge of the going ons on mars than the next guy, none of us have enough to go on to prove it outright but light is our friend (well my friend) and he tells me where he is coming from, from the dome/crater to whats in the middle of it (blatant craters) and the overall image looking at the rocks where there is light up the left and dark down and right

looking at it how it should be viewed, looks like a dome

looking at it backwards, still looks like a dome but a bit less so and the study of the light would contradict it being a crater

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Nope. I've just realised that you are as stubborn as you are big-headed.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
theres nothing else to say about it

you dont have anything else that hasnt been said and the light works much better if its a dome than a crater

boulders.. please :/

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe the most amazing story of the century is that there really is life on Mars! Maybe current civilization. I think alot of the structural areas look pretty intact, I would expect less definition if these were ruins from an ancient civilization
:eek: weird aye

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
whatever you say :)

unexplainable depressions that would be eroded due to their exposed position in the wind, exactly on the peak of a near-perfect dome with an unexplainable depression around it that just happens to have many smaller domes with identical depressions... glad the people in charge of a) exploring space, and b) teaching others about what they find, aren't stupid enough to draw the same conclusions as you

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
unexplainable?

well yeah, we dont know everything, why do you think 3 probes have just landed there?

yeah to find out more :eek:

and the goonies is on

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
you do realise that physics are exactly the same on mars as they are on earth... in so far as geology, erosion, gravity and planet formation go, it's all been explained already, and what you're talking about has all been complete and total rubbish :)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Wildfire said:
you do realise that physics are exactly the same on mars as they are on earth... in so far as geology, erosion, gravity and planet formation go, it's all been explained already, and what you're talking about has all been complete and total rubbish :)

total rubbish?

if light works anywhere near the same as it does here then im right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom