main character for grps

souldrinker

Fledgling Freddie
whts gonna be the main characters for a grp in wow cause i use to play daoc and got a lvl 50 shaman and a 47 ment but the mentalist did not get many grps but the shaman did But i like to kill things not heal =(

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Warrior and mage will probably be needed as the foundation of a group aswell.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Don't choose a class based on how many groups will take you. Every class is useful in WoW, and you don't NEED groups to get by.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
I played a warrior, and while its fun solo, it is without a doubt the most boring group class there is. You're basically a taunt machine, its all you are required to do :eek:

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
ST^ said:
Don't choose a class based on how many groups will take you. Every class is useful in WoW, and you don't NEED groups to get by.
You given up on FFXI ST^?

Note to OP: Read the quote, it basically sums up what I was gonna post.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Priest is probably best suited for you, main-healer (probably most wanted class in groups therefor), decent magic, able to solo well

nick

Fledgling Freddie
Mage, Priest, Warrior and Shaman (to a certain extent). The end.

Lones555

Fledgling Freddie
Well judging by the amount of NERF <insert class here>! posts on the US and EU forums all classes will soon be identical anyway. The Warrior rightly took a nerf before the US open beta (anyone see that vid of a lev 60 warrior killing about 40 creatures of similar level in a matter of seconds?) but they've now made it next to useless except as a meat shield.

Currently they want to nerf Shamans and Paladins (i'm opposed to nerfing either) because they lost one pvp match to them so decided they were way overpowered (Paladin can take a lot of damage but takes a fortnight to kill anything and has no ranged attacks at all). Shaman has some overpowered spells, maybe 2 need to be powered down a touch, but I don't think they need an excessive nerf.

Priests are a good group character and if you want to be more then just a healer put most of your talent points in the Shadow Magic section, shadow priests make very handy pvp fighters.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
AhoyHoy said:
I played a warrior, and while its fun solo, it is without a doubt the most boring group class there is. You're basically a taunt machine, its all you are required to do :eek:

That is the stereotyped role for a tank though. Pull mobs > take damage > keep agro.

imo tanking is boring aswell, but some people like the meatshield thing :p

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
That is the stereotyped role for a tank though. Pull mobs > take damage > keep agro.

imo tanking is boring aswell, but some people like the meatshield thing :p

Oh, I never get bored of breaking mez/ sheep :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
The only time you should group or need to group is when for Instanced Quests and to kill the odd named mob thats pretty much it. Dont camp grind its not as efficent as quests xping..

Choose a good solo class..

Warlock
Shaman
Druid
Rogue
Paladin

possibly mage

Dunno about Preists.

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
The only time you should group or need to group is when for Instanced Quests and to kill the odd named mob thats pretty much it. Dont camp grind its not as efficent as quests xping..

Actually, for some classes its more efficient to grind, i know that on the US beta server i played on, the highest level char ( which incidently was a rogue ) had grinded 90% of his levels, and he was over 5 lvls higher than the next highest char on the server. Maybe he just played 24/7 tho.

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
Actually, for some classes its more efficient to grind, i know that on the US beta server i played on, the highest level char ( which incidently was a rogue ) had grinded 90% of his levels, and he was over 5 lvls higher than the next highest char on the server. Maybe he just played 24/7 tho.

yeah maybe , but after 100,000 accounts made i doubt he was the only person playing 24-7.He also stated he found mobs with low hp/AF,quests that were worth the time,which he all practiced in OB then when it came live,theres no wonder he was first :m00:

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Got an 18 shammy at the moment, hoping to keep it in retail so long as there are some decent guilds playing PvP/Horde (Alliance is more fotm than Horde these days tbh, are there going to be ANY decent guilds playing Horde at the end of the day?).

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
From what I read here on FH it seems that most ppl will be going horde to not be a fotm alliance player, wich kinda makes horde fotm tbh =]

behatch

Fledgling Freddie
Evoknox said:
From what I read here on FH it seems that most ppl will be going horde to not be a fotm alliance player, wich kinda makes horde fotm tbh =]

they just say that too kid themselfs,that they are not fotm losers ;)

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
behatch said:
yeah maybe , but after 100,000 accounts made i doubt he was the only person playing 24-7.He also stated he found mobs with low hp/AF,quests that were worth the time,which he all practiced in OB then when it came live,theres no wonder he was first :m00:

Eh? How do you know who im talking about, im not talking about retail, im talking about my US OPEN BETA server. I PMed him, asking how he'd levelled so fast, and he said to me that he didnt do quests, he just grinded. :eek:

Lakih

Resident Freddy
The most balanced group setup is still:

Tank
Healer
DPS/Utility
DPS
DPS

The fun part in wow is that quite a few classes fit more then one description (Druid fits them all after lvl 20ish)

Tank: Warrior, Paladin, Druid in bearform, Warlock pets
Healer: Priest, Shaman, Druid
DPS: Warrior (Dual wield), rouge, mage, shaman
DPS/Utility: Warlock, Shaman, Druid

Group play is quite simple; Tank get aggro, Healer keep tank alive, DPS kill mob :)

scrow

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think a shaman, pali or druid can be a good main healer....especially at higher lvls where they got a much smaller mana pool then priests.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
scrow said:
I dont think a shaman, pali or druid can be a good main healer....especially at higher lvls where they got a much smaller mana pool then priests.

Druids can, I think. (From what Nim tells me from her US beta experiences at high levels.)

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
scrow said:

Druids can, Shamens cant from my experaince - i refused groups for instances when they wanted me to be main healer on my shamen, my druid could look after a group on his own, a second healer helps though.

No idea about a paladin, mines not that high.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I love playing my warlock in a group, with a choice of three pets by level 20 and so many utility spells we can do a fair bit. No slouch in the damage department either if all you want from the class is damage.

Wildfire

Fledgling Freddie
Shamen (or Shamans if you want to be correct about it, believe it or not) are only really backup healers. Mine's 18 and can function as main healer in instance groups, but I don't know how that's going to translate to higher level play. With Nature's Swiftness a shaman even gets instas, but the mana cost is a major concern. With a mage in the group who can summon water, it's viable, but otherwise...

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Wildfire u in eu beta or on US retail cus theres a horde wildfire on my US server?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously, why are people already talking about the most "efficient" way to level in a game thats hardly been out a month in the US and isnt even out yet over here? :twak:
I mean, this is a new game, why not take your time and enjoy it *while* playing, instead of treating it as work and get what, 10 minutes of fluffy/glowy/funny/warm feeling when you ding 60 before 99% of the server :touch:

I can see exping as fast as possile beeing a concern on your second second or third character, but on your very first one in a new game? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom