Class for rogue

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Hi,

I was just wondering what class to make for my rogue in retail. On beta i play with troll which is cool since he has the best stats for rogue ( higher agility).

on the other hand the undead has the will of the forsaken that can actually prove to be really useful.

What is your opinion?

If there is similar thread plz say to check it. Cba to look all the pages atm :)

thanx in advance

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
Mithradir said:
Hi,

I was just wondering what class to make for my rogue in retail. On beta i play with troll which is cool since he has the best stats for rogue ( higher agility).

on the other hand the undead has the will of the forsaken that can actually prove to be really useful.

What is your opinion?

If there is similar thread plz say to check it. Cba to look all the pages atm :)

thanx in advance

Im guessing you meen Race and not Class.

Anyway, the stats you start with and the ones you gain when you level have very mininal effect compared to the stats you gain from equipment, meaning that the extra little bit you start with meens fack all at 60.

IMO without a doubt Undead rogue is stronger, since your prime targets are cloth wearers and two of them can fear you.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
the elfs can eat there victims or something like that to increase hp regen, or humans cause you can make nice looking chars

the evil races look kinda lame i think. they got a cheesy look about them

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
yeap race i mean. Btw ne and humans look like gay :)

And sth else. The undead have the canibilize ability and can eat their victim

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Yep, go undead. That is if you don't mind being the most played race/class combo and don't mind having your racial ability nerfed soon ;)

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
I my self am going for human female looks best of all races.
Human male looks a tad bit *gay*

But as they said undead racial abil is the best so go for that.
I go for looks > all first and my friends wanted to play alliance, else I would have been an undead rogue I think.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
the elfs can eat there victims or something like that to increase hp regen, or humans cause you can make nice looking chars

the evil races look kinda lame i think. they got a cheesy look about them

Hi I reply on ppls questions without knowing anything about it :D

As said Undead = canibalize
Like elfs would do such a thing, they are tree huggers.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tharion said:
Hi I reply on ppls questions without knowing anything about it :D

As said Undead = canibalize
Like elfs would do such a thing, they are tree huggers.

hi im a complete wanker with no manners

ok so i got it wrong big deal, the idea was being able to canabalize would be a handy feature to have, i got the race wrong but once more a 17 year old kid gets his flame for the day. well done hope you tell all your friends about this great day

/sarcasm off

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
hi im a complete wanker with no manners

ok so i got it wrong big deal, the idea was being able to canabalize would be a handy feature to have, i got the race wrong but once more a 17 year old kid gets his flame for the day. well done hope you tell all your friends about this great day

/sarcasm off

Sorry mate, just couldn't resist ;)

And sorry to say I'm alot older... sorry for my bad sence of humor.
Have a nice day.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tharion said:
Sorry mate, just couldn't resist ;)

And sorry to say I'm alot older... sorry for my bad sence of humor.
Have a nice day.

nice that you apologised :fluffle: i take back my statement

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll be kicking people out if they start over reacting and acting like idiots... :twak:

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
I'll be kicking people out if they start over reacting and acting like idiots... :twak:

Sorry, wasn't trying to offend anyone.
Was a joke that went bad :)

I'm a kind person. Really I am.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
S'ok Tharion - I'm just making a concious effort to make sure everyone understands that we won't be as liberal in the WoW forum as we have been in the DAOC area. Threads should be kept on topic with whining, flaming, calling for nerfs and/or buffs at a minimum and we will all get along fine :)

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Evoknox said:
Yep, go undead. That is if you don't mind being the most played race/class combo and don't mind having your racial ability nerfed soon ;)

Is it sth that will going to happen or it is sth that u wish to happen :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i prefer the humans cause you can make them look almost anime/mange/any other vague stylism i missed out,

i made a girl kinda like Yuna in FFX

Ormorof

FH is my second home
if you are going alliance go gnome for gawds sake, so cute :p

horde rogue i would have to say undead though, as they look cool (dont dance as well as orc's though)

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
the best dance from horde's side is made by troll.

I am in dilema. I love to make a troll but i am thinking the will of the forsaken that is gonna be really useful :/

Moona

Fledgling Freddie
NE rogue ....
Undead .... well... euh ... STINK :twak:

Fin

Fledgling Freddie
race really dont matter at high end playing, every race has good and bad points.

of course there is fotm stuff, like in daoc, avalonian arms was not so good idea. etc, but rest of them were okies.

Wiro

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like I'm going to be one of the only d0rf rogues about.. :eek6:

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Wiro said:
Looks like I'm going to be one of the only d0rf rogues about.. :eek6:

meet quite a few dwarf rouges in beta :)

Anyway i would say pick the class you best like the look etc ofc, racials are ofc very nice and indeed undeads will of the forsaken is very good for a rouge, but if you hate the look of it you would probaly enjoy another class more anyway :)

so in short pick what ever you like :)

Dirty Dawg

Fledgling Freddie
Deffo Alliance!! Was thinking NE Rogue but then thought as Rogue gets stealth anyways it makes "Shadowmeld" useless? Thought Dwarf next but +5 to Guns is useless for Rogue. So thinking Human Female (I will fight in my undies :p) as human gets +5 to sword (Rogues have 2 of em :p) as racial trait me thinks that is more useful? Anyone got any thoughts on this? Or am I just being very stupid and should go lie down until Friday 8.30am when I am gonna be queing outside Game with my pre-order receipt between my teeth throwing anyone in my way through shop windows and drooling as they put the sacred boxed editions of WoW on the shelves.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Dirty Dawg said:
Deffo Alliance!! Was thinking NE Rogue but then thought as Rogue gets stealth anyways it makes "Shadowmeld" useless? Thought Dwarf next but +5 to Guns is useless for Rogue. So thinking Human Female (I will fight in my undies :p) as human gets +5 to sword (Rogues have 2 of em :p) as racial trait me thinks that is more useful? Anyone got any thoughts on this? Or am I just being very stupid and should go lie down until Friday 8.30am when I am gonna be queing outside Game with my pre-order receipt between my teeth throwing anyone in my way through shop windows and drooling as they put the sacred boxed editions of WoW on the shelves.
Here's what I posted about the matter. My opinions only though, I'm sure some would disagree:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=49233&page=2&p=692588

And Shadowmeld and Stealth "stacks", but you lose Shadowmeld as soon as you move. It's situationally useful.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
The two combos I would've taken aren't available (Tauren w/maces - Orc w/axes).
Humans are probably the better alliance race, with stealth detection.
Undead for will of the forsaken. Though trolls look pretty cool, their racial abilities need help :/

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
The clichéd advice is : pick something you like playing, not what is uber and fotm at the moment.

Like Evoknox said before, undead racials are most likely top of the list for nerfage at Blizzard. Overplayed combos never last in MMORPGs.

It's too early to tell how often/how hard Blizzard will get the nerf stick out but you can bet that many builds that are now fotm and considered "the way to go" will turn out to be quite average choices in half a year or so.

And then a new fotm will appear :p ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom