A question for experienced rogue players

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
I recently moved from daoc to wow and was wondering what the different stats affect. So:

Strength-Melee dmg?

Stamina-Hit points(of course) but anything else?

Agility-Crit%(read on VN that 30 agility=1% crit chance) but does it also affect defense(parry,dodge) and to-hit bonus?

Intellect and Spirit does nothing for a rogue afaik. I do know that Attack power and +crit% is important to have in the equipment.

How is swing speed calculated?

Lets say you are using a dagger mainhand, what will + dagger in the gear do? More dmg, crits, chance to hit?

Thanks in advance

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Not sure if I remember this correctly, but I'll give it a try.

For rogue: (AP = Attack Power)
1 Strength = 1 AP
1 Agility = 1 AP, ~ 1/30% chance to crit (1/20 for other classes except hunter which is something like 1/47), ~ 1/20 % chance to dodge/parry (not sure about the dodge/parry part, I don't have a rogue at 60)
1 Stamina = 10 health
14 AP = 1 DPS, For instant attacks: Damage contributed from AP is based on a fixed speed depending on weapon type (rather than your weapons swing speed as it used to be).

Swing speed is calculated by looking at the Swing Speed of your weapon. (not like in Daoc)

+Dagger skill would count as if you were higher level. For PvP I'm not sure how much it affects to-hit, crit etc but for PvE vs high level mobs it will atleast reduce the amount of glancing blows unless I'm mistaken.

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Appreciate it:) Whisperess the gm of Heart&Soul on excal? If so I was in your guild 3+years ago:p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
That'd be me yes. :)

Memory is a bit vague, what char did you play back then?

Strega

Fledgling Freddie
Umbra the thane was my first char there, had my shaman Tiber in it too:)
Anyway, see you around somewhere:cheers:

Urme the Legend

Fledgling Freddie
29 agility = 1% crit.
14.5agilty = 1%dodge
Agility don't affect parry chance.
Agility also affect armor.. 1 agility = 1-2 armor.. can't remember if it was 1 or 2 :)
1 Agility = 1 Attack Power.
14 attack power = 1dps

And weapon speed changed in the latest patch.

All instant attacks (sinister strike, ambush, backstab) will be calculated with a speed of 1.7. So even if your dagger got a 2.0spd it will be counted as 1.7 on instant attacks.

Sword have a speed of 2.4 on instant attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom