MagnusK - why does the customer need to do this?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Standing still, not doing anything, doesn't count as playable.

strange comment but to some degree there is some truth in it.
when i am standing still and just turning around (360) without actually moving, i get like 30 fps. as soon as i actually move (even if it is only running a little circle) my fps drops to 20- ish. i do not think that running little circles should create more lag than just spinning around. it seems that just updating my chars position ingame creates huge lag.

Has been said a couple of times, either control messages get promoted in priority or discarded, so ping plotters and trace routing tools are hardly a representation of possible network problems, unless you have set up all of those routers you're going through by yourself :p.

heh, i got CCNA and i do understand the essentials of networking (i hope, lol). i wish i could set up some of the routers i am going through, lol. while ping plotter and trace routing stuff is only partially succesfull at actually showing the stuff it is suposed to show, it gives a good idea tbh, imho. to me it tells that the last hub/router before entering the goa office is overloaded and has a problem coping with the traffic. goa needs to slap their parent company on the hand and insist that they get higher bandwith/priority on that router. some of the problems are caused by that router in lille not being able to cope with the traffic.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
heh, i got CCNA and i do understand the essentials of networking (i hope, lol). i wish i could set up some of the routers i am going through, lol. while ping plotter and trace routing stuff is only partially succesfull at actually showing the stuff it is suposed to show, it gives a good idea tbh, imho. to me it tells that the last hub/router before entering the goa office is overloaded and has a problem coping with the traffic. goa needs to slap their parent company on the hand and insist that they get higher bandwith/priority on that router. some of the problems are caused by that router in lille not being able to cope with the traffic.

Hope it's as easy as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom