- Mar 3, 2005
Have you ever enjoyed a game? Haven't seen a positive post from you ever! Perhaps you should just quit online gaming m8Stop with the legend building, you sound almost as bad as MJ.
No one gives a shit if you can play the game with no connectivity issues, many can't and this will be a problem to the game once the free month is up. If you think that this pisses me off, then you're wrong, it's more your "stop playing the game"-attitude.
1. Pre launch the OB in Europe has been labled by press "the world's most closed open beta ever". Some players have paid for open beta access!
2. GOA's CEO had to apologize, in the middle of a night, to his customers.
3. Mythic's CEO had to apologize, saying the GOA dropped the ball.
4. On retail launch day, the authetification system was running 3 hours later than promised and errors with authetification still prevail until today, keeping players out!
5. We have been promised equal service, but we don't have it, for a simple comparison visit GOA's and Mythic's pages and draw your own conclusions. I will not go into detail what's all wrong with GOA's website, it has been discussed to death!
6. Lag makes PvP almost pointless, this is a core feature of the game! Abilities/spells aren't going off, people are frustrated and log off, some mention that they will not resubscribe at this state after the free month.
7. Game is suffering from glitches that DAoC had (geometry, pathing, ghosting) and some of the new features like collision detection aren't working like they should. The promised good CC is broken, roots rarely get broken upon damage, you can get chain knocked off.
8. There is no class balance in this game yet.
Add random CTDs and memory leaks to it, the degrading FPS after running the game for longer and we have a game that has a similar level of quality as Tabula Rasa and Age of Conan had.
The only difference for now I see between Warhammer and the two other mentioned games is that MJ and EA/Mythic seemsto be commited to put more money into Warhammer and work on the issues. NCsoft and Funcom had to pull the emergency trip wire and cut the further developement big. Warhammer has been in development for 3 years and builds on a industry standard game engine (Gamebryo), I think the Tabula Rasa and Age of Conan teams developed their own engines, making the overall development more complex and risky, put this into relation and you'll maybe see clearer where Warhammer is.
I can be a critic of how some things run and still be a fan of the game and enjoy it, but as long as I don't see how GOA addresses the issues they're responsible for and as long as I don't see a little more pre-planning (e.g. not putting the web services up and launching the game at the same time) you'll see me and others bringing such stuff up.
We will simply not allow to get bullshited as we did get with DAOC!
We raised our concerns when GOA got the contract, we have been promised equal service, we pay for it, we demand it!
Next test will be the billing system, prolly going just online before the first account runs out.