love rvr atm

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
In the old days if you killed a group, you fked off to somewhere save. Always on the lookout for potential inc.
Then someone made some certain rule about resting in a fop would grand immunity, so "hey" why not go rest in the middle of agramon, which is even more ridiculess in more ways then one.

Arethir said:
The people who made the rules...? That's the whole reason behind making them...? As I said earlier. The "fg crowd" does not like to be ressick, having ld's, being unbuffed or whatever when they engage in a fight. It removes the whole reason for them to do it. They want to test their skills vs enemy players, and they wont get to do that if one of the parts are not suiting a full team.

I could make a rule right now, saying: Tuthmes is always right on FH. Just making "your/our rule" and have or make other people play by them isnt exactly democratic, nor fair. You are making people play the way you like/want it, or they can foad. If you choose not to play by "those rules, you'll get added on, kicked from mIrc, etc, etc.

Just keep it to one simple rule, don't add. And yes, this usually also means leaving a group who just hade a fight.

Arethir said:
But judging from your statements, you have no clue how frustrating getting rolled over and over, and spending your whole night rebuffing and boating can be.

Ke.

Arethir said:
Yes. In YOUR opinion.

Yes in HIS opinion. But, mine also for that matter. Try to have an open mind for other peoples opinions. It sure is what i've done for over year with all those fop's in the middle of agramon ffs.

Septina

Part of the furniture
In the old days if you killed a group, you fked off to somewhere save. Always on the lookout for potential inc.
Then someone made some certain rule about resting in a fop would grand immunity, so "hey" why not go rest in the middle of agramon, which is even more ridiculess in more ways then one.

I could make a rule right now, saying: Tuthmes is always right on FH. Just making "your/our rule" and have or make other people play by them isnt exactly democratic, nor fair. You are making people play the way you like/want it, or they can foad. If you choose not to play by "those rules, you'll get added on, kicked from mIrc, etc, etc.

Just keep it to one simple rule, don't add. And yes, this usually also means leaving a group who just hade a fight.

Ke.

Yes in HIS opinion. But, mine also for that matter. Try to have an open mind for other peoples opinions. It sure is what i've done for over year with all those fop's in the middle of agramon ffs.

Forcing people to play the way we want? That's why whenever zerg/addgrps etc etc comes to the zone people change zone to continue there?
If a group follows and insists on ruining the fg'ers fights yes, they'll get teamed up on and killed, whats the prob with that? They add cause that's the way they play then surely they'll have to accept that they'll get added on themselves? :p
People that do not want to play the way the fg groups try to do doesnt need to come to the zone do they? There are plenty of action all over the frontiers (on the populated servers) for everyone to play the way they want. :x

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Well it got kind of booring having to leg it for 5 minutes to get to a safe-spot, like we used to do on dyvet before the "incident" and all that shit.
Dude, the people playing in this zone, are the people who want to play by these rules. If some people want to play by a different set of rules, then why not go to some different zone fgs? Noone is making anyone play in a way they dont want to. But if you come into the fg zone, and you add, then lol, expect to get added on! Read: "Treat them as you would like to be treated." And as for IRC. If the channel is made by a group of people who invite others to play in a certain zone with certain rules, then the whole reason for being in that IRC channel is to play with those people, in those zones, with those rules, ye? So it's not really rocketscience if you'd get kicked for not playing by those rules. Because then you simply don't have anything to do there. You choose yourself not to be a part of it. But why don't you try and make your own zone to RvR with the kind of rules that you like to follow, and make people join you there, instead of whining at how other people prefer to play the game. Because hey, if what you say is true, and this is not a democratic process, then you'd get a whole lot of players coming over to your way of playing!
Yes, it usually does. So you expect it to happen. And when it doesn't, you might get a little upset. When it happens repeatedly, from the same group, you might even start disliking them, and you'll start returning the favour, which will turn into a bitch-war, where you might stop seeing the difference from "just after the fight", to "when the fight has already been won, even if 2-3 still alive from the enmies", to "add on the m*f*ckers!!" We all know how whiny and bitchy some people can get. Some say an eye for an eye, some might take two eyes for an eye, and it evolves. Anyhow, the rules are really really basic. To me they are, as I've said like 4-5 times already "Treat people as you would like to be treated."
??
You don't find it frustrating to do those things? Well I do, and as said, I've yet to meet people who don't! So please, elaborate, or be quiet.
Ok. Seriously, you're the person not having an open mind here. This aint rocketscience! A group of people enjoy playing the game in this way, so they take initiativ to do so! Why are you whining and bitching about that? You're not having an open mind for their opinions and for their way of playing this game if you don't accept that. If you and Dard wanna play the game in a different way, then by all means, take initiativ to do so, but don't blaim the players who took initiativ to play the game the way they liked it.

PS: Sorry if I'm a little aggressive or anything, I'm not trying to point fingers (even though that's what I'm doing), I just want you to realize why they are doing what they are doing. They enjoy it. And the people who play with them, do so for a reason.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
You are making people play the way you like/want it, or they can foad. If you choose not to play by "those rules, you'll get added on, kicked from mIrc, etc, etc.

Who's making who play by the fg rules heh? Everyone is free to come there, if there are too many people who dont know/follow those rules, we move to a different zone. Usually we start off in agra, then move to breif/pennine if needed or sometimes if the topic is really crowded we start off in breif/pennine from the get go. No one is forced to follow these rules, everyone is there because THATS THE WAY THEY WANT TO PLAY 20-23CET. No one is FORCED to take part.

Dard

Part of the furniture
Wish i could do all that multi quoting shizzle, i'm such a forum n00b :(

All i can say is i didnt really enjoy the FG scene on Avalon, id rather get the shit kicked out of me roaming, with ld's, lack of buffs etc etc than by a Hi RR group sat around a fop in the FG zone waiting until it suits them to move.

But!

Happy for you guys who enjoy it ...

But!

Doesnt mean i have to agree with it :kissit:

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Wish i could do all that multi quoting shizzle, i'm such a forum n00b :(

Just open up 2 internet links to FH, click quote on the thing you want to quote. You can then remove whatever you want to remove from the stuff in the quote. In the second link you can click quote aswell, and copy/paste the whole quote thing over to your other link. So you can multiple quotes from multiple people in the same post :) Or, if it's only 1 post you want to quote, but you want to cut it up in pieces, just copy the whole thing, then edit out what you dont want to have there, answer to the part that's left, then paste the whole thing below, edit out what you dont need there, answer to part #2, etc :)
All i can say is i didnt really enjoy the FG scene on Avalon, id rather get the shit kicked out of me roaming, with ld's, lack of buffs etc etc than by a Hi RR group sat around a fop in the FG zone waiting until it suits them to move.

But!

Happy for you guys who enjoy it ...

But!

Doesnt mean i have to agree with it

And ofcourse, noone is forcing you to play in the fg scene. Noone ever have. But if you want to, then that's great, always looking for new competition I guess. More groups = less downtime!

Edit: Noticing how I catch myself in writing as if I was still playing this game.... :/ A little sad. But oh how I miss it at times!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
So if i/my group wanted to play fg vs fg in a zone, without the adding, but also without the silly fop rule, where do i go?! :p

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
By all means, go roam where you want, and kill what you want, but if you jump one of these fg vs fg fights, don't be surprised if they all stop fighting eachother and start hunting you down instead. You sound like you have good intentions etc though so I really don't see it becoming a problem :)

And I don't think people would want the WoW kind of thing. It'd remove the fun out of roaming, getting jumped, getting the jump etc. Alot of the excitement would disappear :) Choosing the battleground is also very important in the fg scene! Wouldn't want to get some kind of crappy place where you can't play on a ground you're comfortable with. (like odins! people would go blind before they even found a group!)

I didn't mean that this would take over the RvR system we have, it would be a regulated instanced zone for those who want fg action, an instance that would not allow more than one group for each realm to enter each instance. Normal RvR zones would continue as they are for the roamers and zergers but with the additional instance for those who want regulated fg action.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
ur in cm thought ;) have u actually managed to win a fight u add on with 24 vs 8 ? i reckon that is the standard cm group :p

:m00: 1fg after another fg is 16 vs 8 you slag :D and yes it has happened more then you think ^^ in fact happened last time mids tryed to take alb relic but in that case was 16 vs 5 and one was a scout lol

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
when we logged eld druid and banshee dont think there was any rangers around and when we was on ranger didnt get crit shot off most they time cos u was laging around that much lol ur lag ghost was runing across the water and evey thing

Yeah after 17:00 my ISP starts to lag me and after 18:00/20:00 it gets impossible to stay online for more then 2 mins without going ld.
Hopefully with my ISP changed in the end of this month all will be sorted.

Minidk

Loyal Freddie
i luv this thread :( makes me wanna wank :)

- yes im bored LuL school suck!

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
It's not RvR that you're describing, it's FG duel's run by the old boys club, cant handle a few stealther pops or random add's on your fg fights? pfft dealing with the unexpected is half of it my chums.

Also most of the people bashing on about FG fights used to add like motherfuckers when i played Excal, where did you buy your cool juice from? :p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
It's not RvR that you're describing, it's FG duel's run by the old boys club, cant handle a few stealther pops or random add's on your fg fights? pfft dealing with the unexpected is half of it my chums.

Also most of the people bashing on about FG fights used to add like motherfuckers when i played Excal, where did you buy your cool juice from? :p

Well tbh if they run in aggramon its more likely they wont have such problems. Its a known fg zone and even those that do not look FH know about it.
What i think arethir means with it is that when they run in fg zones its more likely they run into other groups that pushes them to the limit and a cheeky stealther might off balance the fight permenantly.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
I didn't mean that this would take over the RvR system we have, it would be a regulated instanced zone for those who want fg action, an instance that would not allow more than one group for each realm to enter each instance. Normal RvR zones would continue as they are for the roamers and zergers but with the additional instance for those who want regulated fg action.

I´ve sent several mails and posts to Mythic advising such areas resemblent to battlegrounds were we could choose a 1vs1/2vs2/4vs4/8vs8 zone but with no effect.
Mythic has a problem on advisement since they follow theyr TL advices instead of normal players wich almost never resembles to the reality wanted from theyr custumers.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
So if i/my group wanted to play fg vs fg in a zone, without the adding, but also without the silly fop rule, where do i go?! :p

The question aint "where do you go?". The question is "where do you want to go?". If the answer is breifine, then sure, go for breifine, and play there. Make an IRC channel for it maybe, and start inviting enemy players to come and play with you. Either that, or you can try persuade the people already running an RvR zone to remove that rule. But I have alot of doubts you'll get them to do it, because people just cba running 5 mins back and forth to some hidden buffspot anymore. And buffing on the spot is just begging to get jumped if you aint got a FoI up.

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Well tbh if they run in aggramon its more likely they wont have such problems. Its a known fg zone and even those that do not look FH know about it.
What i think arethir means with it is that when they run in fg zones its more likely they run into other groups that pushes them to the limit and a cheeky stealther might off balance the fight permenantly.

On limors and temair agramon is(was) always a huge zergfest(when I played). And that's also the first place we started using the FoI afaik. Can't remember if we ever did that on Dyvet.

And yes, when you can push yourself and your enemies to the very limit, and see who really is the best out of the 2 groups, some random group or trio/stealthzerg or whatever adding can be a big slap in the face if you've been having a great fight for maybe several minutes, and you're starting to wear eachother down etc, and in comes 4 scouts shooting your ass.

Anyhow, there has always been and will always be the odd add, from stealthers or randoms or whatever. Nothing to do about that. But atleast you can try to avoid them if you can! ;) (Ie, what was the name of that scout on temair that got banned for adding on fg vs fg fights every single night for ages and ages?)

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie

With respect that statement is wrong, i run nightly with the same 7 or 8 people and not one of us had heard of this 'FG Zone', ive been asking quite a lot of people who RvR regularly what an FG Zone is (before i asked it here which is why i was promopted to ask here in the end) and not one person could tell me what it was.

So no, it's not a 'known FG Zone' especially to those who don't look on here, because there are still many people ingame RvR'ing that are oblivious to what an FG Zone even is.

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
To what tuthmes said things are quite clear rly...

we all play as the fack we like...

nobody forcing us for anything...

as soon as we keep the coc rules accepted we keep playing happily ever after...

and its rly The End of this story...

anything other than that ... any other unwritten rule or even written rules of some irc noob is in his own little world... for example, at limors germans arent expecting u to strafe... for some reason they find it annoying + smthing like a bug of the game... in my eyes its how the game mechanics works... + if someone strafe to a blademaster merc zerker or any other tank with potitional styles its like the sweetest thing in the world to land those potitionals... if some german noobs cant play properly their tanks thats not my problem :p i wish all to strafe when i play tank :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom