LOVE IS COMING! Patch 1.05 (Formerly known as 1.1).

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Well I'm sure that wasn't their intentions, however it is an instant cast spell at this point. Sure, all our channeled spells are, as long as you stop for a milisecond while using it.

Not sure what you mean, the spell is channelled for 6 seconds of which time you have to stand there and not move channelling the spell, if you move it breaks

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Eh, whops - so much for editing. Anywho, SURE, it's a channeled spell, but as it ticks the very second you cast it, meaning it also functions as an instant dd.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
ahh I see what you mean, yea well I guess so but still dont find it that OP to be honest, sear will do comparable damage to one tick of WH (probably more) and its only a 1.5 second cast (had sears crittin 1k)

Marc

FH is my second home
waa what ? Excuse me ? I was just bringing to attention what the have done to the spell and that is massacred it, if you want to talk about people waa waa I want everything to be totally ez mode then the spell wouldnt have been changed in the first place, its only because of the lame ass healers who think spamming hots on people should keep anything alive through anything totally unhindered that are the real cry babies, and the reason it even needed a change.

Please I dont care for the ability that much, it helps take down healers and those hard ass s&b tanks, I could quite easily live without it, in fact I did for 2 tiers and still come out on top with no problems, but to say I give BW a bad name because I think they went SLIGHTLY overboard with a nerf and completely ignored the fact that it is still factored into to backlash yet receives no benefit from said mechanic then I call you a nub, and ask you not to bate me when I was just trying to drum up some discussion!!!

But it hasnt been massacred has it. It has just been adjusted to what it should have been. A spell that halves any heals made to the target is still a very powerful tool, especially in the hands of a BW. And make your mind up. One post you said PwF was one of the reasons you SHOULD spec Immo, then by the same token you can live without it.

personally, I havent missed it one bit, but will still get it once I hit 40, next level.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
But it hasnt been massacred has it. It has just been adjusted to what it should have been. A spell that halves any heals made to the target is still a very powerful tool, especially in the hands of a BW. And make your mind up. One post you said PwF was one of the reasons you SHOULD spec Immo, then by the same token you can live without it.

personally, I havent missed it one bit, but will still get it once I hit 40, next level.

Its a 50% Healing reduction of course I would want it who wouldnt ? But it wouldnt break my class or make the game unplayabe for me not to have it thats what I am saying, and they have massacred it from a very usefull unique spell that made healers take a second to thinnk about what they are doing instead of blindly spamming hots on the target and healing through the dmg + healing reduction, the backlash was a cool feature, and now they basically made it a non issue and turned the spell into a mediocre healing reduction.

I admit in its current form its OP but it should still proc on HoT's just not every tick and making it not able to crit, for a class that is basically a critting machine, completely designed and geared towards critting a lot is kind of lame, especially when it will still do damage to you without actually benefiting from the 100 combustion.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Can someone answer me:

a) I haven't seen much WE whinage up until recently, and now it seems to be seeping out - why do folks think WE's are OP...

and

b) With all these ranged DPS buffs and little if any changes for WE's how can you moan about this patch?

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Can someone answer me:

a) I haven't seen much WE whinage up until recently, and now it seems to be seeping out - why do folks think WE's are OP...

and

b) With all these ranged DPS buffs and little if any changes for WE's how can you moan about this patch?

They kill my SW before I get a stance change off. This wont change with the patch unless the reduction in armor penetration is alot more than i suspect it is.

WE is a kill one or 2 soft targets as the back/get ganked/release class as far as I can see. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
They kill my SW before I get a stance change off. This wont change with the patch unless the reduction in armor penetration is alot more than i suspect it is.

WE is a kill one or 2 soft targets as the back/get ganked/release class as far as I can see. Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

Well yes, we spend loads of time eating dirt.

If you want to use your full range by standing a long way back and hence out of reach of destruction casters (at least some) then shouldn't you expect to get picked off? If your teammates don't position themselves to protect you don't you expect to be picked off?

Getting through to the easy targets is by no means a given either - in the heat of battle there are loads of AOE spells going off and very often a WE will get to be level with the melee crowd only to be uncovered and slaughtered. I'm known as 'Genia, The Overextended' by my guild because to get to the casters supporting I will inevitably be going out of healing range.

The armour penetration thing is an ability on a cooldown - I forget the stats to be honest, but it isn't something always available. If that is your main grumble then it might carry some relevance, I'm not sure, but I really don't see WE's as OP, nor easymode. Sure, I don't have loads of spells to twist or whatever it is you dress wearers call it, but I do have to use a fair amount of tactics and positioning, use all my defensive abilities just to survive snares, dots and instas, and very often only for a single kill. :fluffle:

Nate

FH is my second home
Similar results on my 40 AM, a 32 WE can rip through me in less then 10seconds.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
AM as in Archmage ;)

One problem with dem Elphies is the itemisation. At about 38 you can do some epic quests which reward some weapons. Some of those proc a 300dmg DD that doesn't get mitigated at all.

All clases get those, but the WE get buffs to increase procs and then it get's really silly.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
AM as in Archmage ;)

One problem with dem Elphies is the itemisation. At about 38 you can do some epic quests which reward some weapons. Some of those proc a 300dmg DD that doesn't get mitigated at all.

All clases get those, but the WE get buffs to increase procs and then it get's really silly.

Ahhh... archmage, cool thanks :)

I'm only level 27 so I don't know about l33t stuff :)

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Well, we have pretty low survivability so it makes sense that we should do damage and do it fast or we'd never kill anything! :p

Septima

Fledgling Freddie

Get a template! :)

Willpower is still broken, get some thoughness and initiative and that should fix the problem. You will be able to last 15 seconds ;)
Btw don't AM got Knockback?

OH and nerf runepriests, they are unkillable by melee!

Nate

FH is my second home
The knockbacks very much useless, snare doesn't seem to work and it's very fiddly to get anyone in it's radius, doesn't even knockback that far :p

Aye I guess I should be using LOKI's or smth!

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
The knockbacks very much useless, snare doesn't seem to work and it's very fiddly to get anyone in it's radius, doesn't even knockback that far :p

Aye I guess I should be using LOKI's or smth!

Well, you don't really need to knockback a WE very far do you? They've most likely popped all their available abilities in the first couple of seconds to try and get you down, so by the time they are after you again they're most likely down to plain old stabby stabby ;)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Well, we have pretty low survivability so it makes sense that we should do damage and do it fast or we'd never kill anything! :p

By saying that, I guess you agree to SWs getting tactical nukes? :p

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
@ Nate: the point is not to you become unkilable by WE, that would be unfair :p , it's to get you some time so your group can kill the WE, and that's easly done by a solo BW :(

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Can someone answer me:

and

They seem a bit out of wack in tier 4 although, admittedly, I'm at the low end of it and get a bashing off everybody :(

Ignoring my armour completely, snaring me, being able to stop my healing and continually disabling me whilst they open a can of whoop ass and kill me in a few seconds flat.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
@ Nate: the point is not to you become unkilable by WE, that would be unfair :p , it's to get you some time so your group can kill the WE, and that's easly done by a solo BW :(

when the we is unstealthed and we start at max range (1v1), then sure. otherwise not rly :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Can someone answer me:

and

Main problem is the 100% ignore armor (at least tank wise) that brings back memories of Stealthers jumping heavy tanks in Daoc basically [which ain't their work].
Gonna see how their dmg pans out with that reduced at 50%.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
Main problem is the 100% ignore armor (at least tank wise) that brings back memories of Stealthers jumping heavy tanks in Daoc basically [which ain't their work].
Gonna see how their dmg pans out with that reduced at 50%.

not even close to daoc stealther dmg, you had to work hard to bring down a shield tank, especially after the DW nerf patch, reappliying viper lifebane, PA+cd was always almost neccesserary, well you played ns so you know.
WE is just equip proc weapon, use armor pierce elixir/styles etc, IB's going down in 10 secs.
skills ;(

Goku

One of Freddy's beloved
not even close to daoc stealther dmg, you had to work hard to bring down a shield tank, especially after the DW nerf patch, reappliying viper lifebane, PA+cd was always almost neccesserary, well you played ns so you know.
WE is just equip proc weapon, use armor pierce elixir/styles etc, IB's going down in 10 secs.
skills ;(

An IB that loses to a WE in 10 secs is a very bad player, what with knockdowns, knockbacks and root, plus it only takes one of those things to make the 7 sec 100% armour ignore a waste.

But who cares, it's not a solo game, the only time i'll be attacking a tank while im in a group is when im assisting.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Rolled a WE just to see how OP they are. Well at lvl 10 and 11 in Tier 1 I could kill anything 1 on 1. Even an equal level IB. Although half the people in Teir 1 run around with no armour so it makes the job easy.

Tier two at level 12 was tough getting beat by L14 WH, levelled up to 13 with some new gear and things got easier. I play the scenes like a stealther in DAOC, my targets are soft healers and casters. One out every two runs usually had me eating dirt getting ganked by a complete group :), it's expected.

Overall so far I think they are OP against tanks (IB) the armour should negate more damage. On softies I think its working as intended. They should be able to take out clothies quickly and effectively. Apart from a tank train very little else can do that job without getting taken to pieces.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I find WE completely OP, not really because of their DPS (although being below 25% hp before the guy even appears on my screen takes the piss) its because of their stupid skill enfeebling strike.

It has no real counter and basically guarantees a kill 1v1 or on a squishy, I have a root which every person I would need to use it on has some way to counter it (all melee break roots lol, and now they nerfed it even further)

So I wanted to know where my snare breakers is( dont mention cauterize, it wont get ES off of me against a good WE) especially doing dmg every half a second you are moving, I mean pff. I stand there I die I move I die guaranteed kill = lame

aika

Can't get enough of FH
you can cure it with cauterise Tiani,use your pbae stun morale to buy some time, though its not always up. the real reason for WE OPness is weapon procs that do unmitigable damage and kisses proccing on auto-attacks.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
yea T1/T2 moral are my only options, even T2 moral is pointless because it is pbaoe stun which means he might be stunned but still right next to me and I cant move because ES is on me, so knockback is only option.

Cautierize is sometimes an option for removing but usually they have applied various other conditions to be after the ES has landed which means I cant cleanse it off me, which means I am dead, no counter, cant move, cant stand there. My only 2 options, both of which result in death :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I find WE completely OP, not really because of their DPS (although being below 25% hp before the guy even appears on my screen takes the piss) its because of their stupid skill enfeebling strike.

It has no real counter and basically guarantees a kill 1v1 or on a squishy, I have a root which every person I would need to use it on has some way to counter it (all melee break roots lol, and now they nerfed it even further)

So I wanted to know where my snare breakers is( dont mention cauterize, it wont get ES off of me against a good WE) especially doing dmg every half a second you are moving, I mean pff. I stand there I die I move I die guaranteed kill = lame

And pinging off insta dots doing 1k+ dmg with crit at bolt range is not?

WE is a class built specifically to kill you (BW) and cloth healers. You seem to want to have the uber damage output BW's have plus be invulnerable as well. That simply is not gonna happen. Deal with it or roll again.

Last thing I want to see this game turn into is another post TOA Dark Ages of Castalot. Where being a melee class was an excercise in futility. You have enough tools for getaway as it is.

Why is it everyone wants a 'Iwin' class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom