LOVE IS COMING! Patch 1.05 (Formerly known as 1.1).

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Remembering how hard Mythic swung nerf hammers in DAoC and basically from day to day could make classes useless - I must admit that I do look forward to the patch notes with ..... mixed excitement.

BW: will get the smite cleric/doublefrost nerf/warlock nerf in 1 :flame::flame::flame:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Remembering how hard Mythic swung nerf hammers in DAoC and basically from day to day could make classes useless - I must admit that I do look forward to the patch notes with ..... mixed excitement.

That's got me a tad worried too, only really play a Runepriest so not like they can nerf no damage output really :)

Lets just hope no class has been made useless.

Bahumat

FH is my second home

You probably never saw the posts so that's understandable.

Mark said that in daoc they made 'quick' fixes so to speak. This meant classes went from wildly overpowered to underpowered.

In WAR they said they would slow things down. They would make subtle changes and see how they affected the class/game. The idea was to slow things down and look at changes from a long term point of view instead of a daoc short term point of view.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
You probably never saw the posts so that's understandable.

Mark said that in daoc they made 'quick' fixes so to speak. This meant classes went from wildly overpowered to underpowered.

In WAR they said they would slow things down. They would make subtle changes and see how they affected the class/game. The idea was to slow things down and look at changes from a long term point of view instead of a daoc short term point of view.

One thing is what is said - another is what is actually done. Which is why I'm not just at "ease" when I see them make so many changes at once.
Especially seeing as how his opening line went:

As I mentioned already, it is over 17 pages long and still growing and it includes, among other things, adjustments to every career in the game. Some careers got a special shot of extra-loving goodness and some careers also got some tough love as well as some goodness as well.

That does not indicate "slow" and "subtle".

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
One thing is what is said - another is what is actually done. Which is why I'm not just at "ease" when I see them make so many changes at once.
Especially seeing as how his opening line went:

As I mentioned already, it is over 17 pages long and still growing and it includes, among other things, adjustments to every career in the game. Some careers got a special shot of extra-loving goodness and some careers also got some tough love as well as some goodness as well.

That does not indicate "slow" and "subtle".

The number of changes doesn't indicate anything. The reason why classes often went from Over Powered to Useless or vice a versa was that often only one class would be changed at a time. It was also clear in DaoC that some classes were never properly designed in the first place.

As long as the changes are small (ie 2% increase rather than 30%), a large number probably means they are at least trying to think through the impact of such changes.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
MJ is releasing the notes on VN now. Some very very nice changes just in the first part of it.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Love it :)

• What Blocka?: This ability is now defendable, and now reduces the target’s armor and block chance.

• Plink: The Action Point cost and damage for this ability has been increased.

• Stabbity: The Action Point cost and damage for this ability has been increased.

• Run ‘n Shoot: The Action Point cost for this ability has been reduced.

• Squig Armor: While in Squig Armor, thh Squig Herder’s Ballistic Skill from items is now converted into Strength.

• Ard Noggin: The damage of this ability has increased.

• All pets will now summon at the same level as the Squig Herder’s rank.

• Pet Ability “Poisoned Spine:” This ability now fires properly and its damage has been increased.

• Pet Ability “Goop Shootin:” The damage of this ability has increased.

• Yer’ Bleedin: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Stop Runnin!: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Run ‘n Shoot: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Explodin’ Arrer: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Lots o’ Arrers: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Not So Fast!: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Choking Arrer: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Finish Em Off: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Shrapnel Arrer: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Rotten Arrer: The damage of this ability has increased.

• Behind Ya!: The damage of this ability has increased.

:clap:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Increased damage all over the place and sweet FA improvement for healing other than fixing abilities that were broken.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Lol MarcJacobs needs to get a focking clue, he focked up daoc with his shitty balance and ignoring the community. Now he does the same thing, buffing BW's dot damage!!!!!!!!! Do you want that they dot us for 1k a tic instead of 600 they do now?

4 shit marauder changes lol, all other tactics that are bugged or damage output in other lines just nothing!!

Healers got nerfed just lol
SM: Got abilities nerfed, they needed a boost not a nerf and i play destruction!!
IB: Over the top nerf, adjusting the grudge abit was enough.

etc

MarcJacobs just quit and let someone else run the game, you already focked up Daoc and trying to do the same to WAR! :kissit::kissit::kissit::twak:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Being lazy here but did they actually fix resists yet before implementing so many increases to damage?

I'm guessing not!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They somehow managed to nerf (on paper) both Archmages and Swordmasters. At least SMs needed an huge buff.
I can't really believe what i just read :kissit:

pikeh

Resident Freddy
nerf? are you reading the same notes as me? :(
Or am I just not getting something?
it seems all a bit confusing and vague to me!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
nerf? are you reading the same notes as me? :(
Or am I just not getting something?
it seems all a bit confusing and vague to me!

You do realize that they are INCREASING damage across the board (mind ya on RDPS mainly) and nerfings HOTs across the board?
I mean, it was tuff to keep one alive as it was, since the direct heals are too unreliable cause of high % of disrupt on em and too high loading times and they nerfing HOTs?
Might as well respec Am to dps tbh.
As for Sowrdmasters they are moving up our only Knockback ability on 3rd chain and moving down our debuff ability on 2nd chain.
This means:
we are stuck with an unreliable knockback on 3rd chain.
we got our defences slightly screwed (no more rotation when i can buff parry, debuff and actually do some dmg while having more parry).
This means we are told, go in front line (with Sword and Shield mind ya cause Path of Khaine got untouched and there's still no reason to go 2h thx to that) cause you are useless as a def tank.
I just can't stop laughing tbh.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Kinda shit they nerfed heals in general yeah, it might work out if they fix the Willpower bug that makes all your healing get near to no bonus from Willpower.
We'll see I guess but if they keep it at this I don't understand why they would boost almost all damage and decrease the healing..

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Mj said:
If because of the changes to damage we need to buff healing spells, it will be done before 1.05 goes LIVE. That's why we are putting these notes out now and putting them on the PTS first. We can make changes through the spreadsheets all we want but the real test occurs in the game and that's why we have the PTS now.

Mark

Make of it what you will. They were always prelim changes.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Make of it what you will. They were always prelim changes.

Yeh i can make of it what i want Pikeh, who in a sane state of mind would start an huge cycle of patch by nerfing healing and upping dmg?
It's just unrational.
Also we are SURE it gets nerfed as it is, MAYBE they gonna be back in their minds and leave it as it was (thus nerfing it anyway since the dmg increase) and then we face the luckier chance that they increase it (and if they don't nerf dmg it just means all stays the same and we are facing same problems as before). I dunno why but i got that strange feeling that it won't ever happen that they decide to trash these changes and decrease dmg by 10-15% across the board and up the healing 20% across the board as it was, imo, much needed.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
if they fix resists and willpower yea, it'll be fine but.. overall it looks alil bit shit, not REALLY bad though at least :) '

More healerlove is needed though, imo. Healing in DAoC was easy compared to this :)

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Need to go and read the notes but I am not especially against increasing the differential between damage and healing. My view is that seeing someone reduced to 20% health and then healed back up again is a bit daft.

However reducing heals and upping damage may be a bit much.

If you are going to do that however you need to make healers attractive to play and that needs some thought and ingenuity. Healers get a raw deal in PQ's and RvR - it took them a while to realise that in DaoC so you would have thought they would have got the message a bit sooner here.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Need to go and read the notes but I am not especially against increasing the differential between damage and healing. My view is that seeing someone reduced to 20% health and then healed back up again is a bit daft.

However reducing heals and upping damage may be a bit much.

If you are going to do that however you need to make healers attractive to play and that needs some thought and ingenuity. Healers get a raw deal in PQ's and RvR - it took them a while to realise that in DaoC so you would have thought they would have got the message a bit sooner here.

Pretty sure if it stays so either my Am gets dust (prolly my Sm also lol) or i respec him to Dps.

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Quite disapointed WE's have not had some of their damage reduced, only increased.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
If you go heal spec on an Archmage your Healing Energy spell (1 second cast) is more than good enough to keep someone alive. I was wearing Intel gear but respecced mastery to the heal line, also with heal based tactics I was getting 400-500 from the heal, then the HoT on top.
If they have nerfed HoT's then it should still be ok. If I can heal 400-500 every second with Intel gear, imagine what I could do with Willpower items!

p.s. I was lvl 26

Gahn

Resident Freddy
If you go heal spec on an Archmage your Healing Energy spell (1 second cast) is more than good enough to keep someone alive. I was wearing Intel gear but respecced mastery to the heal line, also with heal based tactics I was getting 400-500 from the heal, then the HoT on top.
If they have nerfed HoT's then it should still be ok. If I can heal 400-500 every second with Intel gear, imagine what I could do with Willpower items!

p.s. I was lvl 26

Yep what about they just increased Dps YET again?
The HOTs are what they are, tools to help ya keep up people while cycling through 3 people in need of healing, while you heal for real.
Same overall healing as before but instead of 15 s is on 24 s -.- it's a 48% nerf, add over that any increase in Dps and you are screwed.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
was going to renew my subs if they did something about dps vs healing with this patch, but things look like they have just gotten worse. MJ can come suck my balls for subs tbh

Kami

Can't get enough of FH

p.s. I was lvl 26

My runepriest can't keep up with damage as it is and I'm primarily a healer and have a huge amount of willpower and tactics etc that boost my heals as well as set armor that boosts my heal crit chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom