LOVE IS COMING! Patch 1.05 (Formerly known as 1.1).

Toel

Loyal Freddie
As the title says, some goodies coming our way sooner that expected. (More notes coming tomrrows.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Folks,

Okay, here’s the first part of the 1.05 patch from us. The 1.05 patch is the anxiously awaited “Combat and Careers” patch. As I mentioned already, it is over 17 pages long and still growing and it includes, among other things, adjustments to every career in the game. Some careers got a special shot of extra-loving goodness and some careers also got some tough love as well as some goodness as well. We hope to post the full patch notes tomorrow morning but as we continue to conduct a final review of all the preliminary changes and the notes themselves, it might be held up a bit longer, but I certainly hope not. It is, by far, the largest WAR patch yet and is by its very nature, full of far-reaching and sweeping changes. Here are some of the highlights of the patch.

1) We are pleased to announce the official opening of our Public Test Server. Similar to our Pendragon sever for DAoC, this server will be both open to all players but players will be able to copy (not transfer, your original character remains on its server) their existing characters over to this server at anytime. This server will get the latest, but not final, version of the game and feedback from this server will be used in making any further adjustments to the version. We encourage all players who want to help in the development process to give it a shot. More information on the PTS will be posted on the Herald.

2) Rally masters have been put at every Warcamp to make moving around the world a bit easier and faster. This is only the first part of some improvements we are making to the transportation system to cut down on the time that players have had to spend simply running back and forth between places. The next step will be to allow players to have multiple bind points.

3) Players’ should be able to use the morale button abilities more effectively now. In other words, the darn thing should work every time.

4) Many of the issues with spell/abilities animations not firing off/ending properly have been corrected. Hopefully we got all of the issues but only time will tell.

5) An additional gold bag will be generated when a keep or fortress is taken.

6) Morale abilities will now display their cooldowns correctly at all times. This is just one of many UI fixes.

7) The "Ability Not Ready" message will no longer display when the remaining cooldown on an ability is less than or equal to the full global cooldown.

8) Corrected an issue with the cooldown timers on the action bar buttons that was causing them to count down improperly. The timers will now count down in half-second increments beginning at 3 seconds remaining. See, I said there was more than 1 other UI fix. happy

9) Another “warhammer to the head” to those that try to AFK in scenarios and PQs.

10) All classes have had some abilities buffed and some abilities have been debuffed a bit. For example, the Squig Herder has gotten 30+ adjustments to its abilities. Out of those 30+ adjustments, the phase “damage has been increased” shows up about 80% of the time. As part of this update, the team has looked at every career in the game and made adjustments. Things such as Electromagnet, Fire Cage and snares/roots in general have drawn particular attention from the team and have had numerous changes/fixes made to them. Of course, where major changes have occurred to the careers a free re-training has been offered. Tomorrow’s notes will detail all of the changes and considering that the career changes are about 14 out of those 17+ pages, I think you can say that we made a whole lot of changes.

So, hopefully qill tomorrow's 1.05 patch notes will put an end to the “Mythic doesn’t respond, doesn’t want to make changes” threads eh? Nah! happy

Again, 1.05 is primarily the C&C patch, expect more other big patches coming as well over the next month or so. When you see the contents of the patch, I hope most of you, if not all of you, will see why we have been taking "baby steps" with C&C changes up to now.

Mark

--------------------------------------------------------
http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/109321363/p1/?56

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
sounds promising tbh.... remember to stockpile beer and popcorn :ninja:

GReaper

Part of the furniture
This is from a post on a later page from Mark as another teaser:

Electromagnet: The cost has been reduced significantly. The cooldown has been increased. The build time has been increased. The ability can no longer be cast on the move. The pull-in maximum number of targets has been decreased and can now be defended against.

Now I want to see the full patch notes, damn it!

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Hammer to the head! i find myself at the character screen if i roll a smoke let alone going afk, if its a buff preventing you from entering a scenario for several minutes thats fine as it takes double that time to enter.
All looks great tbh i just fancied moaning at something.

Nate

FH is my second home
Chaotic Rift: There is no cost, There is no cooldown, There is no build up, The ability is now a passive ability that is gained at Char select screen(before you even select the career), The range has been increased to zone wide, There is no maximum number of targets to be pulled in. We have added a spam to insta kill module.

Here's betting EU doesn't get a PTS, we didn't get FT so obviously it isn't our game anymore :D

/troll!

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
3) Players’ should be able to use the morale button abilities more effectively now. In other words, the darn thing should work every time.

:clap:

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Anyone have any idea on when the patch notes will come live?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Am gonna comment on this when full release notes are out.
Seems really a major patch tho, let's hope they fix this bloody game already.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Haha, this could sound like the boot hitting BW´s in the arse? :D

Tbh, im looking forward to see those changes, especially the CC ones.

Think ill subscribe when this patch goes live to check it out.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Fire Cage and snares/roots in general have drawn particular attention from the team and have had numerous changes/fixes made to them

<makes whooping noises>

looks good tho, will see how the notes look :)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
This is from a post on a later page from Mark as another teaser:

Electromagnet: The cost has been reduced significantly. The cooldown has been increased. The build time has been increased. The ability can no longer be cast on the move. The pull-in maximum number of targets has been decreased and can now be defended against.

Now I want to see the full patch notes, damn it!

I dont mind i seriously hope there there is some decent magus love, so i can start playing again

:m00:

aika

Can't get enough of FH
really nice, I hope they nerf bws so everyone stop the whines already

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
I demand patch notes now :( when it's tomorrow morning on yank land?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
They were posted last night AFAIK, so lets just say there morning is about 2/3 o clock here.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
All good stuff....seems there's nothing like the imminent release of competitors expansion packs to focus the mind ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
Ahhhh cant wait for this patch, then all the no skilled KDS/Eva Vix Witch Elves will reroll.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I'm up for nerfs to the various CC, including Chaotic Rift. This should be interesting.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
This isn't 1.1, its just 1.05. Its not been stated that this is 1.1 brought forward.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
This isn't 1.1, its just 1.05. Its not been stated that this is 1.1 brought forward.

It was, in a way, I guess. Even though 1.1 is still coming with the changes that didn't make it onto 1.05.

"Folks,

Look for my new topic in a few hours. The notes are 17 pages long and still growing.

And yes, this is the patch that pretty much everyone has been asking for and talking about here and elsewhere. Brought in from 1.1 to 1.05 as I hoped we could do. happy There's no such thing as a miracle patch, and WAR certainly doesn't need one, but it certainly is a big patch.

Mark"

VN Boards - Hot Fixes - 11/4/2008

Nate

FH is my second home
I guess changes that aren't C&C are what 1.1 will hold. <crosses fingers for teleport unlocks in mega dungeons!!!>

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Remembering how hard Mythic swung nerf hammers in DAoC and basically from day to day could make classes useless - I must admit that I do look forward to the patch notes with ..... mixed excitement.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
zomg, looks good so far :) Hopefully some tankylove, some healerlove, casternerfs and CCnerfs and buffs to SH's, Magus's and Engineers are part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom