Lost

Clown

Part of the furniture
On the torrents you have, you probably don't have adverts every 15 minutes :p

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Clown said:
On the torrents you have, you probably don't have adverts every 15 minutes :p

True, but I do get the fade to black! Real short adverts of the night sky!

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Season 1 just arrived on DVD. I shall be checking out the extras this weekend. Can't wait until season 2 starts!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
inactionman said:
Season 1 just arrived on DVD. I shall be checking out the extras this weekend. Can't wait until season 2 starts!

Where did you order from? I really want to get it.

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Buy it from Play.com, region 1 is £35 where the region 2 dvd set is £26 for just the first 12 episodes!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Bugger. I've no means of playing region 1 DVD's and my computers disc drive is broken. :( Perhaps I should buy a multiregion DVD player thingy. :(

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, I've got a Hikona DVD player (its shat) ... and its not even on the website! It must be even worse than I originally suspected.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
inactionman said:
DVD players are ridiculously cheap these days, I remember having to pay £300 for one!
i paid £900 for mine when i got it 6 years ago, luckily i got my money back on ebay few months ago.

now am using xbmc which turns the xbox into a very minta media box

Panda On Smack

Can't get enough of FH
As with lots of things you get what you pay for so if its stupidly cheap then its probably gonna be a crap quality player.

I use XBMC for avi's but the DVD player isnt great so i use my normal player for DVD films

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Panda On Smack said:
As with lots of things you get what you pay for so if its stupidly cheap then its probably gonna be a crap quality player.

I use XBMC for avi's but the DVD player isnt great so i use my normal player for DVD films
The newest version of XBMC has a new DVD player module incorporated into it. It's still a little buggy, but it's coming along nicely. I still use the standard XBOX DVD Player to play my DVDs. Not had any probs so far.

All I'm waiting for now is for XBMC to support RatDVD

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Mobius said:
Thanks mate. I just ordered that multiregion DVD player, as well as Lost from Playusa. :) Woohoo. :)
Poor lad, he'll probably get lumped with some mighty import tax now ;)

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Got my mum one of those Eltax's as well, so she can watch season 2 lost when it airs and I don't need to do any annoying transcoding!

I've got a modded xbox running XBMC as well, very handy when connected to my NAS! a bit OT, but does anyone else get running XBMC get lip sync problems with some types of movie file? I think it's down to the processor barely being up to some of the new codecs.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
inactionman said:
Got my mum one of those Eltax's as well, so she can watch season 2 lost when it airs and I don't need to do any annoying transcoding!

I've got a modded xbox running XBMC as well, very handy when connected to my NAS! a bit OT, but does anyone else get running XBMC get lip sync problems with some types of movie file? I think it's down to the processor barely being up to some of the new codecs.
Sometimes, but if it's out steadily by a certain amount then you can tweak around with the audio delay and get it matched up.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
inactionman said:

its prolly a naff build so update it. ive never had prob with either of mine.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
dysfunction said:

I'm confused. :( I ordered the DVD player from specialreserve.co.uk - I won't be taxed on that will I? How much will I have to pay on the door for the Lost DVD from PlayUSA? Do they accept cards? I don't keep money in the house. :(

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
The post office may (custom's don't always spot the imports) want money off you for importing the lost dvd's. Won't be more than a tenner, you'll have to go to the depot to pay it.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I've been watching this on cable and have enjoyed it so far. But I would say I have enjoyed the 'reality' of their situation far more than the "unexplainable events" that have happened ... unfortunately, after finding a good episode guide for future episodes, it looks like future episodes get stranger and stranger in that department.

To be honest I'm not sure if I shall both to continue to watch now. Drama grounded in reality is fun, but science fiction/fantasy masquerading as drama is not my bag.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Mobius said:
I'm confused. :( I ordered the DVD player from specialreserve.co.uk - I won't be taxed on that will I? How much will I have to pay on the door for the Lost DVD from PlayUSA? Do they accept cards? I don't keep money in the house. :(
Yeah, I wouldn't worry to much about getting stung. i've ordered DVDs and games from abroad quite a bit and only got stung once (Indiana Jones R1 Box Set was uncut ;)). Was about £10. Most companies mark DVDs as gifts to get past the customs duty, but I think customs like to charge for a couple here and there. Just to get some extra cash flow from time to time :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
I wouldn't judge it too early. I have the feeling that the new series will bring all this so called magic and whatnot crashing down with a few cunningly revealed secrets.
Possibly a few key bits of real technology making it *seem* as though something funky is going on

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Mobius said:

If its a UK company (website being a .co.uk) then you shouldnt be have to pay anything extra for taxes.

Play USA may incure the VAT of 17.5% though...

They will accept a cheque/bank transfer or any other ayment method if you have to pay any extra taxes...

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
dysfunction said:
Play USA may incure the VAT of 17.5% though...

They will accept a cheque/bank transfer or any other ayment method if you have to pay any extra taxes...

Normally it's Customs duty of 3% plus 17.5% VAT on top of that, plus about £2-£3 to the post office for the privilege of receiving the goods.

Unfortunately playusa don't mark things as gifts, otherwise you'd be fine up to £36. When you ordered the lost boxset they should have told you all about this on a page you had to click through to place the order...

I notice ep 201 has downloaded at home, now all I have to do is wait until I get home to watch it! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom