Logitech warranties and stuff

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I've never returned faulty stuff before. I've got a Performance MX mouse that has suddenly gone dodgy on me (double-clicks when I left-click :\). I sent an email to Logitech and they are sending out a replacement but they didn't say anything about me having to return the dud... Is that... normal?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Possibly. You may get a return thingy with the replacement. If not, don't worry; it's likely it'll cost more to get it returned than the replacement does.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I was expecting them to ask me to send the dud back before they would send out the new one but they just accepted what I said. Suits me. :)
Thank you for contacting Logitech's Customer Care.

We have arranged that your warranty replacement has been ordered at our warehouse. Usually it takes 24 to 48 hours from the time a warranty replacement has been ordered until it is shipped. Once the warranty replacement has been shipped you will receive an automated email from our system. This email will contain a tracking number which can be used on UPS's website Shipping, Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain Management from UPS. Please note, that the tracking number will first be active circa 12 hours after you receive the automated email. The expected delivery time is 5-7 businessdays after the warranty replacement has been shipped.
Well played Logitech tbh.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Logitech support is awesome. The screen on my G15 died a few years ago, it was out of warranty but I tried calling anyway and not mentioning that fact - they just asked for the code off the back and I got a whole new one in the post a couple days later.

From what I've heard from other people, that seems to be the norm.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Yeah I did research the problem I was having and the general response seemed to be "let them know and they will replace it", I just have a bit of a Logitech crush because of the way round that they are doing it (even if I have to return the mouse after I get the new one).

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
First up... Logitech support is not bad at all.
I had a problem with my MX Revolution not holding charge after 4 months. They sent me a replacement which is still working fine nearly 5 years later.

Secondly, the left button double click *IS* a known problem. So known in fact that it is possible to repair it yourself. Don't do this if there is still the possibility of an RMA or repair for your mouse. If you're out of warranty or otherwise on your own, give it a go.
Mouse Clicking Troubles? DIY Repair | Overclockers
The general principle holds true for all Logitech mice. Pop it open, crack open the microswitch, flex the metal flap, put it back together.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Heh, bugger me, I never knew that. I just keep replacing the switches! (At no cost, I've always got hundreds of shit mice lying around). On my 3rd set of switches on my Logi MX1000 (which was well out of warranty when I got it, and no mouse comes anywhere near it for me :) )

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Thanks Zenith, if they don't ask for this one back I shall fiddle with it. :)

I wasn't overly impressed with the tech support I found on their website, which basically asked me to make sure I hadn't set Windows up to open files and folders on single-click in Explorer. :\

Influenza

Part of the furniture
My old MX mouse started scrolling up itself and they sent me a new one and asked me to cut the usb cord off my old one and send it to somewhere in Germany.

They only asked me to try it a different comp and that was it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well, it's just arrived. A packing note and no mention anywhere of the need to send the faulty one anywhere (which, ironically, has started behaving itself these past few days). What's more, the original from Overclockers came in what could only be described as "OEM packaging" (and that's a bit flattering) - the replacement is in a shiny retail box. :)
Well played Logitech tbh.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Logitech quite often replace things outside of warranty too. They know that kinda stuff will keep you buying their stuff. Great company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom