Installing from Icloud and cloud-services

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'm running out of space on my HDD, and instead of getting a new drive I'm wondering if it's possible to store files on such Cloud based services and install from there directly onto the HDD? Possible?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
As in run installs to Icloud?

You can keep the installation files in the cloud, no problem and move to /install to PC. I doubt you can install directly on the could though.

Seems like a lot of faffing about.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
As in run installs to Icloud?

You can keep the installation files in the cloud, no problem and move to /install to PC. I doubt you can install directly on the could though.

Seems like a lot of faffing about.

Thought so too, I'll stop faffing. Hey, what's a good and sizeable SSD in todays standards? What are you using?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I mean it's not really that faffy. It will just take longer to copy the files across than from a physical drive. From OneDrive for instance you can click an installation files from the browser instance and it would install locally, but I assume it would be slower than doing it from disk.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I mean it's not really that faffy. It will just take longer to copy the files across than from a physical drive. From OneDrive for instance you can click an installation files from the browser instance and it would install locally, but I assume it would be slower than doing it from disk.

We'll see how it goes. Copying 60 gb to Onedrive and clearing space on my disk. The GoG install files when on my drive uses TEMP when unzipping for about the same size of the install files and exceeding my drive space. Would be surprised if it works

Syri

FH is my second home
Whaaaat?!
It's true... SSD prices have dropped through the floor. You can even get a pretty quick nvme SSD for not much over £100 (provided you have a free slot for one) but the sata SSDs are really cheap now.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's true... SSD prices have dropped through the floor. You can even get a pretty quick nvme SSD for not much over £100 (provided you have a free slot for one) but the sata SSDs are really cheap now.

What kind of sizes of NVME are they doing now? Mine just a 240 Gb one...

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Indeed. Bought a Crucial 500GB last month for under £50

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom