Left 4 Dead

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
The greatness comes from those who play it. (Although that does make it prone to the perils of ragequitters).

Recently I tried my xbox online for the first time, I have a load of games but L4d one/two are so great. I had a clear friends list as my mates irl arent gamers; then after L4D I had about 9-10 ppl that I almost always get invited to games with or chat with as soon as I come online lol. I like how even if your losing you can have a fun time with it. Sadly the internet at my house was cut off before I even finished my first month of my subscription, and gaming just isnt same offline now :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I've found that most people have moved to the (vastly inferior) second L4D and left only hardcore players on the first. Problem with that is not only that you lose a lot, but that they play to win like winning in itself is something special. It's such a *fun* game when taken lightly but it's so difficult to get an easy-going chatty game where people aren't cupboard camping or whatever to win as quick and easily as possible.

I miss the days of casual L4D, with open comms, where I pin the last remaining survivor and blast the following on the mic:

YouTube - War - Why Can't We Be Friends?

T'was much fun indeed.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I find that I came across quite alot of players from the US when I played number one, and they come out with some random stuff when chatting heh.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
More fun shottying you in the face iirc nath ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You need to hit me up next time I'm on Steam mate, I love L4D.

Yep. Well, when I finally get home I will :(

most people have moved to the (vastly inferior) second L4D

Map design isn't as tight but the charger's a great addition, as is the spitter. Surprisingly different games but I wouldn't say the second is vastly inferior...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
More fun shottying you in the face iirc nath ;)

Have we played L4D together? I only ever remember having teedles along once or twice and.. well, he wasn't so great :). I've never found someone outside of my regular L4D circles that is a match for my awesome pounce and/or snip0x skills :D.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Once, maybe twice, you huntraped me repeatedly :(

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Freddys game soon? Also bored of ragequitters and it's pretty much the only game I play online these days.

Nate

FH is my second home
New DLC has been added, can't seem to get the game to play though. Popup says it's not available :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Started downloading it now so it's ready when I get home as I'm having a ShitDayTM.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Through the brilliance of my Steam install I tried to play the new campaign but couldn't because the servers were too busy, my machine had L4D2 deleted and had to re download the whole game again. Its not the first time it has happened, if L4D2 ever crashes out or can't connect to a server straight away, when I exit it uninstalls the game, never managed to find a solution. Will give it another go tonight.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
That's bloody unusual. When you install it. After it's done run the verification on it.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I see its the same with players in PC as Xbox, I've had some random and crappy games. Either custom lobbies or rubbish team-mates; but I've played with about 3-4 really cool people and some great fun matches. It's always funny when your team gets wiped at the start, then have your opponents 4 survive next round; I've only managed to pull back a few big scores like that but so great when it happens like it did tonight.

I joined Steam group the other day, and I'm down for L4d or L4d2. Even though I'm not even happy with using a keyboard I think I'm doing really well usually on the leaderboards anyway.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Oooh I didn't know steam keep a record of stats:

Lifetime Gameplay Stats

Games played

Finales survived

1 (7.14%)

Infected killed

EDIT:

Average infected killed per hour:
233.70 :p

Nate

FH is my second home
Yeah it goes pretty in depth on the stats with l4d2. Down to how many times you've killed with certain weapons:

Level 1 Weapon:
Pistol (4.4% of kills)

Level 2 Weapon:
Assault Rifle (21.86% of kills) 36,755 shots :D

Melee Weapon:
Katana (9.94% of kills)

Whenever possible I pretend I'm a ninja!

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I really should play more L4D2.

Level 1 Weapon:
Silenced SMG (4.54% of kills)

Shots: 2,521
Kills: 367
Damage: 2737
Accuracy: 55%
Headshots: 4%

Level 2 Weapon:
AK-47 (13.89% of kills)

Shots: 4,607
Kills: 1,123
Damage: 6880
Accuracy: 44%
Headshots: 3%

Melee Weapon:
Baseball Bat (10.9% of kills)

Shots: 1,779
Kills: 881
Damage: 8208
Accuracy: 70%
Headshots: 15%

Average infected killed per hour: 271.43

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
hehe nice, I'm still trying to get used to a keyboard not xbox controller. I think if I used my newer mouse it would be better, I could user the 2 extra side buttons to save ppl and reload. Problem I have is when I have to move fingers off the movement buttons, and If I'm being rushed I can't always find them again quick enough.

Still it's great when you get into a decent team, had one team with 2 guys who were pretty decent. Even when I said I'm getting used to a keyboard but have played L4d before they didnt even mind. Pretty soon after we were doing so good, they just helped my unlock achievements for the extra challenge hehe.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i love both games but hate it when there are rage quiters

best game of l4d i ever had was with some some Italian geezer, he seemed to know all the mapsinside out and and his talking and funny jokes made it a blast. started playing at 9pm ended up finishing at 6am

Nate

FH is my second home
Would be nice if there were more freddys playing this, would probably stop the rage quit issue if we had games together instead.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll allow Steam to run at startup again on my home PC.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
damm that sacrifice mission is mean ! got to the bridge a few times with this team I had but havent finished it yet.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
id play it if there were more peeps playing, ive got h00ge firnds list alot of peeps from the olden bw days yet only a hand ful play much of anything

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
I work saturdays, but I can be online in the evening most nights other than that; have tomorow off. Just need to get a headset for the PC since my Xbox one isn't compatible, which is pain as I really like it :(

Nate

FH is my second home
The key to beating The Sacrifice

is in the name

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Played it the other day and we decided who was going to run back, then my mate not really knowing what he was doing decided to follow him. To his credit he held off the Tanks from killing the first guy before being blasted across the map by a back hand from a Tank.

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
It's really pipe bombs.

Lies!

Its FIRE! ;)
(until some numpty in your team throws it up and it misses, only to land at your feet)

yes thats my skill :( setting fire to my own teammates with a cocked up throw

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I once accidentally threw a Molotov to give people cover whilst in the lift on the No Mercy campaign and everyone got in and the doors closed so the Molotov bounced off the door and came back in and set the lift on fire. Lets just say my mates weren't happy as we died one by one.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
If they didn't have medipacks, that's not your fault!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom