Left 4 Dead

SAS

Can't get enough of FH
Suprised no one has posted about this before :)

If like me you've wanted to drop yourself into a zombie infested world and mow down waves of the undead then this game *could* be the one to provide the fun :)

Left 4 Dead looks very promising, demo is out soon and if it pulls off the multiplayer angle, could be one worth to spend a few pennies on :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
This game looks fantastic now i have to decide which version to get.

Starman

Part of the furniture
Personally if I do buy I'll get the X360 version :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
PC version has achievements too.

Besides, achievements only offer artificial longevity

Adari

Part of the furniture
i really cant see how console fps appeal tbh

Aada

Part of the furniture
i really cant see how console fps appeal tbh

Thing is m8 L4D aint a game where you need precise headshots. it's a spray and pray game the controller works fine for it.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Thing is m8 L4D aint a game where you need precise headshots. it's a spray and pray game the controller works fine for it.
I'd completely disagree with that. I'd say you need to be much more accurate with L4D than most games because it's so frantic. I'd hate to play it on the xbox after playing the PC version, but that's just my opinion.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
The head shot animation makes it worth aiming for heads imo :)

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
After playing on both PC and Xbox i opted for the PC version, found the players (and playstyle) of experienced gamers varied quite a bit.

On the xbox i got a more frantic 'aim at them in general' play whilst the PC offered up a 'crouch and shoot for the cranium' (in the vein of counter strike) style play. Which, when you factor in the A.I director, offers a more challenging and satisfying game.

There's my 2 pennies, keep the change.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Waiting for the PC version to price drop personally, it was £20 now it's back up nearer £30. Anyone know the exact $ cost from steam cos I can't work out if UK users have to pay the taxes or not.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
We do, it's priced in dollars but they still charge VAT - that's what the taxes field is in the bill.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Then I'll definitely be waiting till it drops to £20 then :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
When are they going to fix this fucking game. I've been having about as much fun as you can have with an FPS but it's so fucking buggy. Servers going off all the time (which I guess could be down to specific dedicated servers), but the game finder just keeps fucking up. Endless Find active game.... stopping search. Only way to get past it is to shut down L4D and start it up again.

Plus, I'm trying to remember the last time I stopped playing because I was done rather than getting disconnected.

Argh.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
When are they going to fix this fucking game. I've been having about as much fun as you can have with an FPS but it's so fucking buggy. Servers going off all the time (which I guess could be down to specific dedicated servers), but the game finder just keeps fucking up. Endless Find active game.... stopping search. Only way to get past it is to shut down L4D and start it up again.

Plus, I'm trying to remember the last time I stopped playing because I was done rather than getting disconnected.

Argh.

hit the ` or whatever u have bound to console (might need to enable it first) and type:

openserverbrowser

it will open the "proper" browser, with list of servers, history, friends,etc

so much better than the "find me a game pls" default one :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Bought this today for the PC.

Played it briefly but thought it was great......well I thought it was like CSS but with zombies........lots of zombies, but that isn't a bad thing.

So I don't have to read too much about it - are the other people in your party always computer controlled and I am meant to watch out for them? Not sure I can be arsed looking after the useless spacks.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Generally, yes. In versus you earn a multiplier for each person alive at the end of a round and in the remainder of the game another body increases your chances of being rescued if in trouble, someone going down is a real headache.

You can generally find me playing this in the evenings at the moment, so message me on steam if you fancy a game as I'm only logged in when playing.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Get yourself on versus mode. It's masses of fun hunting the survivors down. Nothing more satisfying than picking off a lone survivor separated from the pack, or leaping off the top of a massive building and landing right on top of zoey. Oh yeah, she loves it.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Bought this today for the PC.

Played it briefly but thought it was great......well I thought it was like CSS but with zombies........lots of zombies, but that isn't a bad thing.

So I don't have to read too much about it - are the other people in your party always computer controlled and I am meant to watch out for them? Not sure I can be arsed looking after the useless spacks.

if you play single player, they are AI
if you play COOP, its up to 4 of you vs ai
if you play VS, its up to 4 of you, vs up to 4 people playing the boss infected

VS is by far the best way to play it, but some random games are full of griefers and quitters :(

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
hit the ` or whatever u have bound to console (might need to enable it first) and type:

openserverbrowser

it will open the "proper" browser, with list of servers, history, friends,etc

so much better than the "find me a game pls" default one :)

console button dosent work for me! and yes i have acctivade in the user settings :/

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Really love this game, can't wait for the extras to come out this year. A few mates and I play reguarly and can't get enough. If I am by myself I ususally play Vs, theres nothing quite like being picked as a Tank and beating all the survivors yourself.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I only play this as Co-Op, I really cant be arsed with Vs mode at all :(

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?

You anti-baconist fool!

Find me on Steam mate, it's a right laugh with peeps that can actually play.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
L4D is good, the thing that lets it down is lack of content on MP, they need to bring some new stuff out.. a better server finder would be a start, then some new achievements and maybe some new weapons/levels/scenarios, its been out awhile now they have no excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom