Last Word #1

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, i'll try to make this thread proud and say that this week, i've been mostly practising my comic drawing skills. As can be seen in the creative section.

Rather proud of my latest thing. *cough*

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Kathal said:
Nope, but I’m playing a little Diablo 2 - Lord of destruction. Just for old times sake and what a blast :) Its 95% little leet kids that call you noob whenever you say something about the game. As in:
Me: "I use Xxxxx gloves".
Random leet Diablo gamer: "LOOOL NOOB!!!!".
Same thing when trading items.
Me: "I'll need Xx rune for that Xxxxxx".
Random leet Diablo gamer: "HAHAHAHAA THATS A YY RUNE". (I guess the price I wanted was a bit wrong :))

Hehe and “we” are talking about trading. 95% of the games are trading games. With all those games it can be hard to make new games so when I “farm” a mob for some of the good stuff , I just join the trade games. This apparently piss the typical Diablo player off BIGTIME. I’m not allowed to join THEIR game. The reason is always that if there are 2 ppl in their game others won’t join and so they won’t be able to join. The thing is that during a farming session I join a LOT of trading games and 95% of the time others join and they complete the trade. So much for that theory.

And the most common sentence is "ger?" or "are you ger?".
Ohh and what’s up with the economy in that game? It’s like there is a lot that "dupe" items and the rest (ofc) don’t. STILL the items that aren’t duped are worth something. I mean how the hell can there be an economy when ppl can just copy everything? I can’t get it and I really don’t care.
I’m a poor Diablo player, I play by the book and my nic is NOOB :)

man, diablo 2 was a great game, i really enjoyed it when it was at it's peak, around late classic where rogs were worth 10x more than uniques. Remember i had 2x 3 resis/hits dual fastest boots (for the non-d2 player its fastest run/walk and fastest hit recovery) and i was giving them away coz i thought they sucked, later i found out they were worth 10+++ sojs and at that point i didnt even have one :( i got owned

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Huntingtons said:
man, diablo 2 was a great game, i really enjoyed it when it was at it's peak, around late classic where rogs were worth 10x more than uniques. Remember i had 2x 3 resis/hits dual fastest boots (for the non-d2 player its fastest run/walk and fastest hit recovery) and i was giving them away coz i thought they sucked, later i found out they were worth 10+++ sojs and at that point i didnt even have one :( i got owned
Haha D2 was ace! God, I remember that time when SoJ was everything.
Farming Mephisto like 200 times to get that big shield I wanted > all.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
Well it did say ups AND downs right?

well, just need somewhere to write this tbh, yesterday the brother of my best friend died, he was also a close friend of mine, him and his family took care of me during my teens when my mother was unable to (she was an alcoholic at that stage of my life).

im left feeling like i have lost my own brother, and yet of course i am not true family and so i have left them to their grieving in private. the man in question was only 27, and had just in the last 2 years set his life on track. he had found himself a partner who he was to marry this year or next, they bought a house together, and she has a 6 yr. old son from a prievious marriage who calls him daddy. writing this causes great pain in my heart, and tears are hard to hold back, yet ofc being a man who needs to be ready to help in any way he can, i DO hold them back.

He also just managed recently (within the last month) to secure and hold down a high paid job with codemasters in birmingham. this man had everything going for him, i dont know ANYONE who had life more sussed than he. over the last year he had also been going airsofting to improve his health, he wasnt over-wieght, he had no medical conditions, he was a picture of health, although he did smoke, as i, alot of my friends and im sure alot of you do.

on his way to work (being driven by a friend) he had a siezure, and passed away, there was no warning, no previous warning lights, no nothing.

it still remains to be seen what caused his sudden and premature death.

he has left behind 1 brother, 1 sister, a mother, a father, a wife, a son, 1 cat, and many MANY friends who will sorely miss him. he was always a bubbly, well mannered, generous, and loving person who deserved to life out the wonderful life he has put together for himself and his family.

rest in peace simon, we will all miss you.

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
it seems i forgot the point of my post while writing it.

what im trying to say is:

NO ONE can be 100% sure that they, their friends, family, and loved ones will live to see another day. you never expect something liek this to happen. i myself expect people to fall ill, die whatever, but not instantly from no where, and NOT @ 27.

its a stark wake up call to me, one that i will try to head, i have taken my health for granted for a very long time as im sure almost everyone does.

it's time to stop it, its time to take stock and realise what we have, who we have and how lucky we are. it's time to start living, and not wasting our lives, before its too late. and ONE day it WILL be too late, for most of us hopefully that day is a long way off, but for some of us (and there is no real way to know which of us) it could be next year, or month, next week or even, god-forbid, tomorrow.

as a memorium to my firnd Simon, and his bereaved family, i ask that everyone just spend 10 minutes after reading this, turn off your TV, turn off your music, and sit, for TEN minutes and think about who and what you have in your life, and what you would do if they we're not here tomorrow. take stock, realise what you have, and be thank full for it.

sorry for bringing the thread down like this, i just dont really have anyone to talk to atm, evryone i know has lost a great deal, and is already too late. though im sure in a years time we will all have different attitudes to life, with any luck, for the better.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
today i went to whitby with my mother.

she bought me a chip butty, a can of coke and give me money for the machines!

we walked around and looked in the shops and took the mick out of the seemingly inbred inhabitants of the town.

woot

it's time to stop it, its time to take stock and realise what we have, who we have and how lucky we are. it's time to start living, and not wasting our lives, before its too late. and ONE day it WILL be too late, for most of us hopefully that day is a long way off, but for some of us (and there is no real way to know which of us) it could be next year, or month, next week or even, god-forbid, tomorrow.

amen to that. too many people get sidetracked with saving money or planning things 5 yrs in advance. or get caught up in the little things like did i close the upstairs window etc. thankfully i have amazing parents who i have learnt from to live for the day you have. they tell me im young only once and just to enjoy what ever i chose to do.

yeh anything can happen, thats why people need to relax more. because you could save 1000s of pounds of your pension in 50 yrs or what ever. but for all you know you may not make it.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sorry to hear that neff :(
Good luck and strength for the coming time.
Also, if they accepted you as their son/brother in your youth when your mother had problems, I'm sure they won't mind you grieving alongside them at the loss of what one definately could call a family member.

Neffneff said:
yet ofc being a man who needs to be ready to help in any way he can, i DO hold them back.
Sometimes you don't need to mate...

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
Nope, but I’m playing a little Diablo 2 - Lord of destruction. Just for old times sake and what a blast :) Its 95% little leet kids that call you noob whenever you say something about the game. As in:
Me: "I use Xxxxx gloves".
Random leet Diablo gamer: "LOOOL NOOB!!!!".
Same thing when trading items.
Me: "I'll need Xx rune for that Xxxxxx".
Random leet Diablo gamer: "HAHAHAHAA THATS A YY RUNE". (I guess the price I wanted was a bit wrong :))

Hehe and “we” are talking about trading. 95% of the games are trading games. With all those games it can be hard to make new games so when I “farm” a mob for some of the good stuff , I just join the trade games. This apparently piss the typical Diablo player off BIGTIME. I’m not allowed to join THEIR game. The reason is always that if there are 2 ppl in their game others won’t join and so they won’t be able to join. The thing is that during a farming session I join a LOT of trading games and 95% of the time others join and they complete the trade. So much for that theory.

And the most common sentence is "ger?" or "are you ger?".
Ohh and what’s up with the economy in that game? It’s like there is a lot that "dupe" items and the rest (ofc) don’t. STILL the items that aren’t duped are worth something. I mean how the hell can there be an economy when ppl can just copy everything? I can’t get it and I really don’t care.
I’m a poor Diablo player, I play by the book and my nic is NOOB :)

I play single player and converge with a large selection of other single player people on an internet forum.

They have developed ways around every possible 'bad thing' regarding single player.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I'm really sorry to hear that Neff, that sort of thing really does make you sit up and appreciate every day for what it is.

My brother died 11 years ago this summer, when he was 24 and I was 13. It completely changed the way I live, although without me realising it. Although I'm careful with money, I make sure I don't just spend all my time merely existing so I can pay off debts sooner. I live - I go out for meals when I want to so I can enjoy it for what it is, I'll happily spend money on myself and friends and family if it makes me or them happy. You need to live, not just exist, because you never know when it might get taken away from you.

On a slightly different note, its always difficult grieving alone as it were. When my brother died I lived with my dad who was my brother's stepdad so although he partly brought him up, his death didn't effect him the same way. I was never able to grieve properly at the time, and I really regret that. You need to grieve with people who regarded the person who died in the same way as you. Unfortunately, family members will never understand how it is for non-family members, and it often feels like you're intruding on their grief sometimes. My recommendation to you is to really keep in touch with his RL brother, talk about him when appropriate, and ideally find another (non-family) friend who regarded him in the same way. I know I'm not putting it right, but I hope you know what I mean - you may not be able to grieve exactly in the way you want, but you need to get it out of your system in some way, otherwise it gets bottled up and screws you up.

If you want to chat about anything, just send me a pm, I always have time.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Incidentally, not going to WHitby this weekend any more - ignition barrel has died in my car and it won't be ready until Saturday morning, so bleurgh :(

Getting a new tattoo next weekend as well, then going to see Leeds Rhinos vs St Helens, so that should be fun :)

Really looking forwards to this weekend though, going to be glorious weather, so I'm going to spend as much time as possible outside enjoying the sunshine!

tris-

Naetha said:
Incidentally, not going to WHitby this weekend any more - ignition barrel has died in my car and it won't be ready until Saturday morning, so bleurgh :(

unlucky. today it was fucking red hot :D

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Haha, evil tris xD Whats this Whitby all about anyway? Some uber vacation spot or something?

tris-

its just a nice sea side town, not far from me. so its an easy place to escape the shit of city life for a day.

its nice weather. has the best chip shop in teh world. hot chicks about on a perfect day. and arcades on every corner :D

also has the whitby abbey, where draclua is based around.

echome

Fledgling Freddie
Apparently I just got a laptop, my brother bought one for me - since he thought I needed one to help me when I start at uni after this summer. So atm I am waiting for my copy of Win XP to be downloaded.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
echome said:
Apparently I just got a laptop, my brother bought one for me - since he thought I needed one to help me when I start at uni after this summer. So atm I am waiting for my copy of Win XP to be downloaded.

Thou shalt not download Win XP!

And Thou shalt also not drop a pm in my inbox with where you downloaded it from!!

I mean it!

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry for your lose Neff :(

I was browsing thru some pics on Google and found this:
isnt-he-adorable.jpg
<--- Says "Hmm, AAAAGH!!!!".
It looks like the little critter above got wet and are about to multiply.

Should I be worried??
NES%20Gremlins%202.jpg

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Pirkel said:
Thou shalt not download Win XP!

And Thou shalt also not drop a pm in my inbox with where you downloaded it from!!

I mean it!
Haha :D I dont think I'm ever gonna give Microsoft cash for any software. But thats pretty much the only company I don't pay either. I pay all my games etc, and a lot more music lately.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
So I started playing FFX again. Finished it twice already but never with all the secrets/weapons/Aeons. I'm actually playing it with the strategy guide next to me to make sure I get all of it this time. :)wanker:)

I'm at the first Blitzball match (the finals of that tournament) and even though I know it doesn't make any difference I WANT to win ... but I lost pretty badly 3 times so far ... so I think I might let it go and just go on with the game if I lose one more time.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Out of interest, just from reading Neffneff's post, do we have (m)any airsofters roaming this forum?

Ive been playing 4-5 years, mostly at Fireball (missed the last 2 months though... withdrawal symptoms :( )

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
Never did get to Whitby, ended up walking from Ilkley to Bingley over t'moor!

Getting my next tattoo sorted next weekend as well, before watching Leeds Rhinos vs St Helens - should be fun if nothing else ;)

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
cog said:
Out of interest, just from reading Neffneff's post, do we have (m)any airsofters roaming this forum?

Ive been playing 4-5 years, mostly at Fireball (missed the last 2 months though... withdrawal symptoms :( )

where's fireball? we're with combat south down on the (duh!) south coast.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Neffneff said:
where's fireball? we're with combat south down on the (duh!) south coast.

Brum! (well, Tamworth). Never really strayed farther than the odd game at Spectre though.

cog said:
Brum! (well, Tamworth). Never really strayed farther than the odd game at Spectre though.

Tamworth sucks, trains from N'castle to Tamworth are too expensive! :<

Was gonna go down to Drayton mannor with some mates at the end of June :D

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Luckily its not actually there, but its just the closest place :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom