Last Word #1

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Gah, that sucks. So, what happens now then? Do you fail this year or something? Or was it no big deal really?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:
Gah, that sucks. So, what happens now then? Do you fail this year or something? Or was it no big deal really?
I have no idea... probably won't fail but gotta have a big discussion with advising and guiding teachers...

Bahumat

FH is my second home
i got a knat bite just to the left of my nipple, tis mega itchy and i look like a sex pest touching myself...

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Bahumat said:
i got a knat bite just to the left of my nipple, tis mega itchy and i look like a sex pest touching myself...
I got 3 on my right arm. 2 on my back and 1 on my neck. I'll tell you all about itching alright :D I feel like I'm being eaten up by bugs or something.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I have no idea... probably won't fail but gotta have a big discussion with advising and guiding teachers...
Hope it'll sort out in some way. So, whats the worst that can happen? Is it possible you have to take another year?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
DavidH said:
Hope it'll sort out in some way. So, whats the worst that can happen? Is it possible you have to take another year?
probably the worst that could happen is me having to do 5 months over again. Not really a disaster, but damn I wanna be finished with this entire school system.... I'm fed up with it. I want my diploma and start working. :(
think I'll go get some sleep for an hour orso...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well the schooling system is just for this. Making sure you cope in the world.

This is "JUST" a school work, imagine if you were in charge of a multi million project and didn't meet the deadline.

It's good to get enough training to be ready for the big things, even if it feels like "boring" sh*t.

Marc

FH is my second home
I had to work from 7am till 4am the next morning once to meet a deadline just so the client wouldnt get fined £100. Needless to say, I quit my job a month later as that was bullshit.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Talking about meeting deadlines: I once worked 53 hours straight (with some 10 minute breaks here and there) on a flash movie for a construction firm that was going to use the presentation to bid for a huge project in Shanghai.

The last 3 hours the guy who was going to submit it on the day of the deadline was sitting there, planeticket in his hand, watching over my shoulder.

Exporting the movie took so long in the end that I couldn't do "checks" to see if things were still running synchronus etc. I just had to wing it :(

Eventually the guy left for the airport way late with a CD-rom that was still hot...

I then slept for nearly 24 hours and had one text message in my phone saying "We checked the presentation and it was exactly what we needed." Think I rolled over and slept another 24 hours after that.

They didn't get the project though :(

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Do you work freelance or something Pirkel? Cos here in Norway there's no chance of working a 53 hour shift. :p Work a bit overtime and already then the company will be like "He's working too much!" :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Do you work freelance or something Pirkel? Cos here in Norway there's no chance of working a 53 hour shift. Work a bit overtime and already then the company will be like "He's working too much!"

It`s nothing unusual in certain industries. I`ve done similar shifts a couple of times, sleeping under the desk of my office etc.etc. If you´re working in a small team and have to make a deadline, you can´t circumvent stuff like that and if you´re not ready for it, then you´re in the wrong place. :)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
My wisdom teeth are coming through and i've gotta work in the kitchen at work. I'm a fucking assistant bar manager ffs :/ shall I enfasize on the bar bit ?

Oh and 53hour shift is :/ I work that in a week !

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Anyone still playing WoW btw? :) I recently started a Warlock on the Turalyon server. Only level 11 so far. But I have plenty of rested exp since I haven't played for a couple of days.

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
Just want to add, that if you're out of toilet paper, normal A4 paper hurts like a fish swimming in acid...

And as a side note, if you feel like the minutes at work are crawling by, just start counting the seconds and you'll see that it's not only the minutes :p

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Steffan- said:
Just want to add, that if you're out of toilet paper, normal A4 paper hurts like a fish swimming in acid...

And as a side note, if you feel like the minutes at work are crawling by, just start counting the seconds and you'll see that it's not only the minutes :p

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Do you work freelance or something Pirkel? Cos here in Norway there's no chance of working a 53 hour shift. :p Work a bit overtime and already then the company will be like "He's working too much!" :p

Hehe yeah that was a freelance assignment... amazing how working a bit longer is no problem at all when you're working for yourself and you know all the money is going into your own pocket ;)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Pirkel said:
Hehe yeah that was a freelance assignment... amazing how working a bit longer is no problem at all when you're working for yourself and you know all the money is going into your own pocket ;)
53 hours is more than just a bit longer though :D And yeah, it sure is good cash!

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
DavidH said:
Anyone still playing WoW btw? :) I recently started a Warlock on the Turalyon server. Only level 11 so far. But I have plenty of rested exp since I haven't played for a couple of days.

Yep! Raiding Naxxramas atm, it's awesome that dungeon...

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Summer is nice and I dont need to see my work in 3.5 week still.. Love my work but there is need to take a breath of air some times aswell.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Thorondorito said:
Yep! Raiding Naxxramas atm, it's awesome that dungeon...
Awesome! Is that a level 60 dungeon? I'm barely able to do deadmines yet xD

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, its the latest and greatest dungeon (read: grindfest to keep addicts paying their subs) in WoW.

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
DavidH said:
Awesome! Is that a level 60 dungeon? I'm barely able to do deadmines yet xD

Yep! it's the top dungeon actually, where you will find the hardest bosses in the game...

As Ahoyhoy said you need to complete a quest before which requires some days but we knew about that instance months ago so we did it on time ;)

Anyway you can complete it if you are honored, revered or exalted with Argent Dawn, you just need to 'pay' more to the quest giver hehe

Grindfest appart the instance is SO cool :)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
DavidH said:
Nope, but I’m playing a little Diablo 2 - Lord of destruction. Just for old times sake and what a blast :) Its 95% little leet kids that call you noob whenever you say something about the game. As in:
Me: "I use Xxxxx gloves".
Random leet Diablo gamer: "LOOOL NOOB!!!!".
Same thing when trading items.
Me: "I'll need Xx rune for that Xxxxxx".
Random leet Diablo gamer: "HAHAHAHAA THATS A YY RUNE". (I guess the price I wanted was a bit wrong :))

Hehe and “we” are talking about trading. 95% of the games are trading games. With all those games it can be hard to make new games so when I “farm” a mob for some of the good stuff , I just join the trade games. This apparently piss the typical Diablo player off BIGTIME. I’m not allowed to join THEIR game. The reason is always that if there are 2 ppl in their game others won’t join and so they won’t be able to join. The thing is that during a farming session I join a LOT of trading games and 95% of the time others join and they complete the trade. So much for that theory.

And the most common sentence is "ger?" or "are you ger?".
Ohh and what’s up with the economy in that game? It’s like there is a lot that "dupe" items and the rest (ofc) don’t. STILL the items that aren’t duped are worth something. I mean how the hell can there be an economy when ppl can just copy everything? I can’t get it and I really don’t care.
I’m a poor Diablo player, I play by the book and my nic is NOOB :)

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm did this die??

I shared this to a few co workers and they didn’t find it funny at all. I think it’s hilarious.
JAD.jpg

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Steffan- said:

tell me about it, rather use my dick than i would use a4 - tho last week i had same problem and found some wanking paper, thank god for hiding that!

+ kathal - lol tbh, cyanide and happiness is fucking great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom