Lamers who camp Forest Sauvage

A

aethtemplar

Originally posted by minstrel_kyra
Well all I can say is I don't go to uppland and yggdra to gank greys and most of my guildmates don't either.

I do. Last week I think I went nearly every night, either with a full Guild group or a mixed group. It's my aim to make the Mids scared to train in their own frontier, forcing them to improve slower in their own homeland. In response, some Mids from Solid's guild have taken to camping the Albion milegate, and frequently wipe us as we try and get through. All good strategy. Narve may be annoying, but that doesn't mean he's wrong to do what he does. I dare say Carrot found it a bit anoying to get ganked by 8 Templars in his own frontier twice in 10 minutes last night. But we weren't wrong either.

I only single out blues and yellows, unless I am attacked first.[/QUOTE]

I keep reading comments like this, and it always puzzles me. I wonder whether selecting enemies is a luxury which only belongs to those capable of solo warfare (ie stealthers) ? 95% my fights are group against group. As a tank, I aim for the ones I think are healers and/or casters and I hit them. I don't stop to wonder if they're grey or not, because if I did, I'd be mezzed and/or dead. Fights last about 10 seconds maximum for large multi-group engagements. Are people really standing there pressing f8 until they hit a yellow because they don't want to hit that green over there about to blast their group healer ? Good luck to you if you are.

Guess my idea of rvr is just different than the most of yours... [/QUOTE]

Each to their own. I disagree on this one Kyra.

C

Chole

Whats with all this crap about Hibs being nicer?

if you want to mary (dam i wish i could spell better) them just ask keymor to set up some big do in Emain, and whilst u all tieing the Knot we Albs can come do our stuff and get u bitching about us in all diff ways (Insert Bitch here)

And kyra Hun, get used to it, everyones at it (Only Narve is the Gimp at Sauv, cuz hes there 24/7, and Narve I ownd you last night at hadrians wal, HAHAHAHAHAHA)

look forward to reading many more bitching posts from all you peeps, have a nice day now

O

old.Mousah

lol someone got owned!
yes im one of them that are camping sauvage gate.
yes i gank grey albs, just as the albs/hibs does in yggdra/uppland every 10 minutes....
I myself find the trip to sauvage Very fun, and enjoy every minute of them, flame away how much you want, aslong as there are albs/hibs in yggdra/uppland, i will be in sauvage...
and if you wonder why i run when you come at me....its becouse your still orange to me...
Hibs propobly aint there becouse the way from Hadrian to sauvage is a pain if you dont know it right(lucky for me i do thx to my Alb main on Excal) and i will learn every mid that is interested in taking a trip there......

Did a trip there with some of my guildmates today, Carnalito,Huz,Glorebard,Gustav,Demented etc....was one of the best trips, took 1 hour for albs to find the Group invite button, they came 2 by 2 and we could just camp and farm(and no, not grey once, atleast they know they shud stay away and dont think they can own 1fg of us with 2 ppl like the lvl 50 albs seem to do).

OBS! i hope the Hibs will show up in sauvage aswell....we miss thoose Sexy lurikeens :), and plz Mids/Hibs groups visit the ellylls camp in pennine more often, dont know how many times i have seen 2 fg of albs doing the final epic by killing the ellylls lord there, to bad i dont got aoe mezz, would be sooo fun to mezz and see you all die :)

Skullbasher TinCanCrusher
Skald at 46
<Clan Chaos>

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by Chole
Whats with all this crap about Hibs being nicer?

if you want to mary (dam i wish i could spell better) them just ask keymor to set up some big do in Emain, and whilst u all tieing the Knot we Albs can come do our stuff and get u bitching about us in all diff ways (Insert Bitch here)

Crap ? Hibs ARE nicer ! more honourable, braver, skilled... etc etc etc

But the marriage idea isn't that bad :clap:
Tradolf was sooooo cute (for a celt), too bad he turned into a Luri ... but ... but Trad is ... soooooo cute :cool:

C

Carnalito

lol

Hahaha i can't belive tha albs have the nerve of complaining about mids in the frontier !?

I guess u have no idea how many times ive been in yggdra/uppland, and suddenly a very purp minstrel comes up from nowhere and one hit kill ya ? :)

And not only that, groups of albs go to yggdra all the time, killing ppl while they pull from zombie camp :) Well at least they did in the old days, no1 xp there any more just because of that reason.

I thought it was very annoying, but i never really realized how fun frontier camping is when ure actually more powerful or equally powerful as your enemies :)

And the grey killing thing, i have one name for ya:

Giona

N

Nonnier

its really funny seeing albs whine like this just because a shadow is doing what infil and minstrals and scouts have done 4 a long time.(and don't try to say otherwise)

If u don't want to be ganked everytime you enter your fountier.....don't do it to us, and we may consider stopping.

Oh and hibs are nicer, they don't run as much.

C

Carnalito

aye

Originally posted by old.Mousah
Did a trip there with some of my guildmates today, Carnalito,Huz,Glorebard,Gustav,Demented etc....was one of the best trips, took 1 hour for albs to find the Group invite button, they came 2 by 2 and we could just camp and farm(and no, not grey once, atleast they know they shud stay away and dont think they can own 1fg of us with 2 ppl like the lvl 50 albs seem to do).

haha indeed Skullie u go bro :D

O

old.Gromnir

Dident bother to read all the flames, just going to add my own opinion.

I remember the times in yggdra when I was lowbie (still am low but not that much any more), im talking the 20~ here, see some highpower purple conner jabbing arrows into lowbie groups make kills in one and two shots. Taking down 3 members of a lowbie group before they know what is hitting them. I thought that was lame I meen grey gaging :rolleyes: , its not like its hard to kill a grey conner. Even though it was a pain in the ass and a flamed topic back then, I still had some respect for them as they would normaly not make it an exp-kill.

I meen if you have to kill greys to earn your realm points go ahead be my quest, I just perfer to gag up some orange con stealther or yellow con tincan. Its such a rush too kill someone equally as good or better then you, its a kick and worth more rps then a grey. I have a tendency of leaving green cons alone too, and paid for it also :eek: . The times when I find it okay to kill a grey is when the grey dude is a stelther around level 30 killing in yggdra, then I gag him (or her).

O

old.Enigma

Your pretty new to this game arent you. In new I mean /played
Dont hold this view too strong you will understand one day.

I'll be honest on day 1 /played I thought I would have some morals on day /25 played I decided I wouldnt have any. Been said before but the poor guy who gets ganked provides fun experience for many others. Tell me you wont enjoy protecting your realmsmen from those nasty middies one day. The fact is your suffering leads to pleasure for many and what comes around goes around. Get into the idea of the game! Just be happy Mythic didnt give us Barbarians the mechanics to ravage your women and sew our realmsman throughout your land in true Invasion style. Your all related to us anyway didnt you know that.

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by Ardwan

Only fer Albs :p

Don't you know that it's the Mids that got the pie? Just check what all the Mid casters have... ;)

T

Turamber

Originally posted by aethtemplar
It's my aim to make the Mids scared to train in their own frontier, forcing them to improve slower in their own homeland. In response, some Mids from Solid's guild have taken to camping the Albion milegate, and frequently wipe us as we try and get through.

Sounds like you're helping Solid and his friends advance in realm ranks, and realms skills, very nicely ... while at the same time gaining 1 realm point each kill from the greys you find there. I know who is better off in that equation :rolleyes:

S

SilverHood

Sounds like you're helping Solid and his friends advance in realm ranks, and realms skills, very nicely ... while at the same time gaining 1 realm point each kill from the greys you find there. I know who is better off in that equation

shhhhhh

A

aethtemplar

Originally posted by Turamber
Sounds like you're helping Solid and his friends advance in realm ranks, and realms skills, very nicely ... while at the same time gaining 1 realm point each kill from the greys you find there. I know who is better off in that equation :rolleyes:

Except, of course, in order for us to get through to kill those in Uppland and Yggrda the guards in Odin's have to die, and we get their RPs. We win some, we lose some. On very rare occasions, there's even the suspicion that skill has played a part as well as level and class. We've had some good battles with equal con groups in Odin's, both at the milegate and in the valleys to Jamtland.

You could argue that people spending hours and hours in Emain being killed endlessly by the same people, returning and being killed again, provides far, far more RPs to the Mids and Hibs for no reason at all. But I leave judgementalism to others. If that's what people enjoy, then that's what the should do.

If people want to avoid killing greys, fine. If people want to only fight endlessly in Emain, fine. If people want to never leave their own homelands, fine. If it's not an exploit, it's allowed, and there is bugger all point in coming here and complaining about it. Play your own game, people, and stop judging others.

F

Fightersuntzu

firstly, LEAVE KYRA ALONE :p she's a far nicer person than any one ive ever seen can hope to achieve, and ill hunt you down and kill you all mahself if i must :)

secondly, i dont care if narve camps the gate. Yes, he got me once.......snare kiting is crap :) NEEEEEEERF :). However, since i learn from my mistakes, narve got me once, and only once.......the saying is "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

He hasnt even managed to get mah grey con lvl 28 wiz wandering in the frontier to xp.....ever [well, he got me at HW once cause i was bored and decided to AE the gates a bit....."Narve resists the effect....." Fireworks was just killed by narve.....D'OHH]. But there are 1,000 ways around narve, pick one and go for it :)

T

Turamber

Originally posted by aethtemplar
Play your own game, people, and stop judging others.

Tsk, tsk, very judgemental :)

In a social game people are allowed their viewpoints, and to express them. If people think they're wrong they will say so. It so happens that people making good cases for certain points have swayed my mind over certain issues.

If people don't like to hear contrary views then (1) don't post on Barrysworld & (2) buy a single player game.

O

old.Eynar_Vega

I know I'm not an Alb, but can I get a slice of pie please?

Here you can find some excellent pies btw: PIE

O

old.Enigma

<Turambers last post>

Ooooh an Alb said something intelligent!!!

Means only one thing.

SPY!!!!!!!!

M

minstrel_kyra

Boy did I open a can of worms

First of all, thank you Fightersuntzu for coming to my defense.

I am surprised at the responses that I got from this topic. In my defense, I was very angry at the time... I should know better than to open up my big mouth when I'm mad, but there ya go.

I totally agree that each person is allowed to play the game the way they see fit, as long as it follows the rules of the game. (not going there, but I am sure you can guess what I am saying)

I being a minstrel, don't always go first into battle... I hang back and mez all that I can and then do a quick f6 to catch my target. I don't see that many greys in Emain or when defending a keep. I don't normally go to Odins or Yddgra unless I am with a group.

I really didn't mean to piss anyone off by this and yes I would get mad if someone called me lame. But I am sorry I really think camping is lame and I do my damnedest to avoid doing so. That is probably why I don't have as many rp as many others in our realm but I am ok with that. I truly and honestly thought that more people disapproved of this too, but I guess I was wrong.

I still don't approve but hey if that is what you want to do to make the game fun for you fine. I have learned a valuable lesson today and I won't make that mistake again.

W

wyleia

Hmm.. I always thought of bk camping as a great rp auto.. you kill one, two come, you kill them, then three come... and so on til a force big enough to wipe your group comes (but you still take a few down ! :)

Or are we pulling wrong? :)

Gorge rules when emain gets too zergy :) change of scenery....

Of course auto worked for those middies today camping our bk.... but finally took most of em out (yeah they had an alb auto going for a while until we got big enuf force of 1fg to match their 1fg haha).. .I think svartur got away.. kept seeing him shooting at me but never saw his corpse.....

Kill em while they fresh :)

Wyleia Mythweaver
50th Sorc of The 30
http://www.the30.co.uk

(ps somehow some farkin green mezzed me today, so yes kill the greens too!! They may be green but they might be healing or mezzing ffs)

O

old.Aure

Some while ago Azal and Xanoo took out 7 of us xping at the Daemon wotsits in the Gorge above the Torcs. I was the highest lvl around 31. We made a fight, 1 guy was exp killed we troubled Azal enough as we almost killed Xanoo.

The previous week whilst xping torcs, 8 of us, high of 27/8, we saw a purple dwarf appear I think by the name of Zid, although I'm not 100% sure now, long time ago. He waited for us to engage a purple to us mob and then xp killed all 8 of us in about 10 secs.

The point now is it don't matter, at the time we didn't mind Azal/Xanoo, but didn't think kindly of the other guy. It no longer matters because whoever they are they get killed quite quickly by even cons. All of those guys I've exacted revenge on and I got a damn sight more rp's than they did.

Giona, 20+ levels our senior chain ganked an army of low 20's Hibs daily at DL for maybe 3 or 4 weeks. One day we killed her in the lake, so she came back, curiously Azal was there too. :)

Mythic makes you go to the frontier for quests, otherwise at 22-6 you won't be going. :)

Atm we have some guy called Risser in the gorge. He only appears for lower cons. He logs when someone true sights, he really is either extremely clever or extremely lame.

We also have Coren and his buddies in the gorge almost everyday.

Sometimes they get a few rps, sometimes they don't.

I'm not a fan of this idea of camping, but if people are killing even or blues etc , then that's what rvr is for. When it comes to greys then it's happened for a long time now.

There are people with honour, you have to find them, they belong to all realms, just the same as those that have no honour, belong to all realms.

TBH though stealthers aren't designed to be honourable are they.
;)

O

old.Noita

What goes around comes around

Sorry Kyra, I would really like to agree with you but cant :(

At the end of the day, sure grey killing in low level xp zones sucks...but...if its done in the attempt to get the higher levels out to play then its a worthwhile tactic in my opinion.

Lets face it...people are sick to death of the daily zerg grind in Emain...so...people are now taking it to the Alb BK...and fair play to them for that. Ive been playing this game now for close to 5 months and I can honestly say there hasnt been a day I have played when there HASNT been an Alb and/or Hib contingent in Yggdra killing our xp'ers and the same goes for Hib xp'ers in their BK areas. It got so bad at one stage in Yggdra that people were beginning to think Godfather and Nomercy were named mobs!!

Personally Im glad you Albs are now having to deal with this...all those people you guys thought it was such fun to gank in large numbers around the UC in Yggdra are no longer so easy to gank eh? And it seems like they are looking for a little payback... kudos to them I say.

Eynar: Cherry Macaroon....mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

O

old.Aethelstan

Originally posted by Turamber

In a social game people are allowed their viewpoints, and to express them. If people think they're wrong they will say so. It so happens that people making good cases for certain points have swayed my mind over certain issues.

If people don't like to hear contrary views then (1) don't post on Barrysworld & (2) buy a single player game.

I didn't argue with Kyra's right to express her viewpoint. I merely said I disagreed with it and offered the opinion that complaining about the fact that people will play the game in different ways than yourself is pointless. Both valid "contrary" views. Try reading the words, and not listening to the voices in your head.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

I'm very happy to group up with Narve in Forest Sauvage whenever I can; the hidden healer and the stealthed shadowblade work very well together. He's also excellent company, we've often missed out on kills just because we're busy chatting.

I've not ever seen Kyra alone in Sauvage, so Narve's quite right not to take her on on for fear of back-up. Analysing her trends makes him wise, not a 'little girl'.

Someone mentioned Mysteh earlier in this thread; I agree, he's been a very honourable opponent. That first time I killed him I jumped on his head so much because he was exp-killing some Yggdrans; the next time around he killed me but bowed and taught me more respect. It ain't who you kill, it's how you act, that's my take on honour.

I

ivan_tribbiani

YaY finally middies strike back :) I was wondering just how much abuse of yggdra and uppland it is gonna take before this happens :) MON THEN guerilla warfare is mucho better than emain zergenshtain.

A quick word to fellow albs though, dont let them escape unpunished :)

I

ivan_tribbiani

Re: Re: Lamers who camp Forest Sauvage

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte
It ain't who you kill, it's how you act, that's my take on honour.

/emote shrugs

respect.....wass that ??? i treat /bow and /salute like Indians treated scalping, its a trophy :) looky looky im alive and can move. All you can is /yell or /release :)

But im not saying im normal :m00:

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Re: Re: Re: Lamers who camp Forest Sauvage

Originally posted by ivan_tribbiani
respect.....wass that ??? i treat /bow and /salute like Indians treated scalping, its a trophy :)
As long as they don't take my fine norse beard as a trophy; don't want to look like some clean shaven nancy-elf <wink>. Closed casket if they ever do, please.

D

Danya

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lamers who camp Forest Sauvage

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte

As long as they don't take my fine norse beard as a trophy; don't want to look like some clean shaven nancy-elf <wink>. Closed casket if they ever do, please.
Mmm, think I'll start a dwarf beard collection. :p

F

fatgit

cba reading all the posts :p

I find narve pretty handy :p

When crafting with fattus, I bind in cam, run to excal for resources (only rarely getting hit by narve :p ), then head back on autorun along the path
9 times out of 10 narve will jump me - him being a redcon to me, I'm an easy kill.
Nice fast return to the forge with a pack full of resources :p

On Gluttenfer however, since I hit 50, he hasn't had the balls to com near me

O

old.Atrox

/clap @ Narve
ppl whine about zergs
ppl whine about small groups in the frontiers

what is this ? Dark age of Whine alot ?

I

ivan_tribbiani

Originally posted by old.Atrox
/clap @ Narve
ppl whine about zergs
ppl whine about small groups in the frontiers

what is this ? Dark age of Whine alot ?

/Wonders what will be on these boards when the Golden Age of Whine-a-lot arrives :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom