lagtricks

remi

Fledgling Freddie
aggressive styles: clancall, wildcall, sidestyle chain if u cba ;d
1on1 styles : evade chain styles(3 of em)
defensive styles : increase parry style, increase evade style, pbaoe haste debuff style tt

but im mostly spamming anytime :p

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
wild call, kelgors might, clans call, kelgors fist, kelgors wrath when in assist train
kelgors claw, totemic fear , totemic wrath, totemic sacrifice when i get MA:d.
9 styles actually, 3 different quickbars. Sidestyle not usable most of the time since target runs but for cell i switch to cell qb with sidestyle and backstyle backed up. followups on evadestyle not allways good to use and hard to get time to do it when u got MA train on you :)

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Appendix said:
But as a savage your primary weapon is the quad hit, and even an unstyled quad hits harder than a styled single, so styling isn't as important as savage in my opinion.

So you are saying you're an overpowered class with no need to style to kill anything? And certainly a styled quad hits for more than an unstyled one?

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Animus said:
So you are saying you're an overpowered class with no need to style to kill anything? And certainly a styled quad hits for more than an unstyled one?
BUMP

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
How about Bow users?
I'm in DF, see NME's at bottom of entrance steps, run back into 'safe' room/area, and get 3 arrow hits(3 secs apart), which kill me? :mad:

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Drusus said:
How about Bow users?
I'm in DF, see NME's at bottom of entrance steps, run back into 'safe' room/area, and get 3 arrow hits(3 secs apart), which kill me? :mad:

That gets fixed next patch :) If the target is no longer visable when the arrow lands i think it misses or somit like that.

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
Animus said:

Nah savages are balanced :p

And yes a styled quad hits for slightly more damage than an unstyled one, but not much since only the first swing of the quadhit gets the style bonus, the other 3 hits do base damage.

Ok, so savages are too powerful at the moment (pre-1.65) but most people seem to ignore the fact that both alb and hib have access to some very powerful group setups(combination of classes) and RAs. The infamous 3 savage/3 healer group config everyone seems to think is the pinnacle of uberleetness just doesn't work. Lack of defense means alb melee groups will kill savages too fast and hibs just box/moc/wtfpwn. If the savagegroup worked so well in reality as people think it does, this server would be crawling with RR10 savages.

Mids have to cope with albs having 30s melee immunity or hibs having 30s spell damage immunity as well as having anti-CC RAs , this makes it quite hard to build a group that's effective not only against certain opponents.

It's balance between realms that matters not balance between classes in my opinion.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Fadeh said:
I doubt many think playing Savage is easy. Im sure most people realise to play a savage well you need to be alot more alert then playing a merc well for instance. While playing my merc, all i have to think of is 6 styles, end pots, picking targets, sprint until pf, ip, purge, flurry, rain of heat and dirty tricks. Thats pretty much it. Savage have all their self buffs to use at the same time. So it cant be that easy to play a savage to its full potensial.
To play a savage perhaps to its full potential.

However; the nature of the beast is that the savage his strength is the ability to quad-hit. An unstyled (or failed style) quad hits for only slightly less then a styled quad; because only the first hit gets the style-bonus; the rest is just unstyled.

Alot of savages (incl in wtfpwn guilds) only use 2 styles (anytime and back-stun) and when hasted often just spam /assist and the backstun; not even backupped by the anytime....

The problem is savages at the moment dont get penalized thát much when they fail a style or dont style at all, its simply the quads which make it hit so hard.

People saying the anytime of the savage is poo.. Hmm; I guess you didnt really CHECK that. Savage anytime has already a fairly nice growthrate; especially when compared with the 'old' melee-lines like slash,blunt. Add the quad-possibility and on a weak-target the anytime can do up to 800~ damage (at insane combat-speed).

On my druid; who's in SLASH-weak armour I've been regularly hit for approx 300~ +16, 90~ +10, 120 +10, 130 + 10 by Remish. This equals 700~ damagedone to me in 1 combat-round; on an anytime. If that would be pierce-weak armour it would be possible to break the 800 damage.

There is NO other class in the game who hits that hard and that fast in melee. Combined with Advanced Evade 4; pure-tank RA's and the such I dont feel any respect for someone even whining about bad styles on a savage.

Also dont forget that people used to QQ when a hero Annihilated someone for 600 with a large-weapon with a swing-speed of approx 3x that of a savage.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
remember that while dmg output is higher, due to lower ws they're not as good at penetrating guard as mercs, bms etc

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
I really like popcorn.I can't watch a movie anymore if I don't have popcorn. o0

*edit cos I can't spell either. :(

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
remember that while dmg output is higher, due to lower ws they're not as good at penetrating guard as mercs, bms etc

That's true, but with the amount of attacks savages can perform - even against guard.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Animus said:
That's true, but with the amount of attacks savages can perform - even against guard.

When i played one i got through guard very easily.Self haste too helps and h2h counts as dw vs guard i believe too.

Shan

Fledgling Freddie
I used to see one exactly same Norseman Hunter lag away on Excal when i played in Alb. I've forgotten his name already, but this happened like 4 times on different days.. That's my only occurance, but i know it does happen.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Pudzy said:
Just watched that avi, its pretty bad tbh, no justification to lag strafe like that, imo.

what is bad? the strafing or the savage? :eek7:

Lethul

FH is my second home
Zapsi said:
Not been out with my savage in rvr yet, but savage anytimer is pooooo.
Iam gonna try agro any mob around to get evade style of.

Dreaming about cliff beetles in my ass with 360 evade spaming evade chain styles :kissit:

pooooo? i woudlnt be suprised if its the anytime with the highest growth rate in the game... poooooo my ass

remi

Fledgling Freddie
was thinking frostalf healur! but u never know what is gonna be next fotm! :p

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
just make sure you have 8 different level 50s and a bunch of respec stones ready, your guaranteed to have something fotm then anytime, unless they balance everything, but then it will be a "stupid game in a gimped realm" ofc :p

Animus

Fledgling Freddie
Zapsi said:
Not been out with my savage in rvr yet, but savage anytimer is pooooo.
Iam gonna try agro any mob around to get evade style of.

Dreaming about cliff beetles in my ass with 360 evade spaming evade chain styles :kissit:

If I understand you correctly, you wanna use the evade from the cliff beetle to use an evade attack on the opponents? You cant do that, can you? Been thinking and thinking and thinking about this one issue :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Elendar said:

Too bad Mids use disease which cuts WS of mercs/BM's to approx the level of a H2H Savage.....

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Puppet said:
Too bad Mids use disease which cuts WS of mercs/BM's to approx the level of a H2H Savage.....

worse that albs use debuffs from sorc and hibs often run an eld with uber str/con debuff and disease i think :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:

I still have 1850ws after disease mostly....(red dis about 1800) too bad my styles do not have over 1.00 growth rate, same with bm :p

What's even more funny is savages on vn boards asking for PF when they have disease that already slows a target's spd A LOT, silly yanks xD

Oh well half ogre with 295 str unbuffed on usa servers(450 str buffed,he's got aug str 5 it seems and toa over str cap items) bet he would make savages cry xD

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
What's even more funny is savages on vn boards asking for PF when they have disease that already slows a target's spd A LOT, silly yanks xD

savages got disease? nice imo :p

give PF!11 ;d

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom