News Koran burning?

Furr

Can't get enough of FH
Wonder how many of these people protesting can actually read? Not that I care, all religion is shit anyway.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not interested in getting involved in any of the rest of that rubbish but I do want to respond to one question toht posed which is how is it oppressing western culture.

A reasonable enough question but there is an answer to that. A lot of muslim families are putting their kids in faith schools in this country, a kind of voluntary segregation which is a terrible thing. It fractures the population in to us and "them", not to mention the fact that they're doing some iffy teaching in science lessons (if Dawkins' documentary about faith schools is to be believed).

Either way, segregation is a bad thing, faith schools are just that - separating muslim kids from the rest, and being that they live in the UK they're part of western culture and this is oppressing it.

Have you Ever been to Oldham Nate? The Local Council there took a descision three decades ago to put all Asian people on one estate and to not allow them to apply for council housing on any of the other estates. There was no choice about it and no attempt to mix cultures in any way. In many ways the Local Authority contributed directly toward the race riots there.

Equally Catholics go to Catholic school, obviously that isn't a form of segregation, so how is sending a muslim child to a muslim school to segregation? - incidentally I went to a catholic school, there where 15 Muslims in my year alone.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
If a koran burns in a forrest but nobody is around to record it on their phone, does it still cause riots in afghanistan?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Have you Ever been to Oldham Nate? The Local Council there took a descision three decades ago to put all Asian people on one estate and to not allow them to apply for council housing on any of the other estates. There was no choice about it and no attempt to mix cultures in any way. In many ways the Local Authority contributed directly toward the race riots there.

Equally Catholics go to Catholic school, obviously that isn't a form of segregation, so how is sending a muslim child to a muslim school to segregation? - incidentally I went to a catholic school, there where 15 Muslims in my year alone.

All religious schools promote segregation of some sort, but this is predominantly a Christian country, so those Catholic and CoE schools have been round a while, and they have progressed along with the rest of the country. I'd be interested to know how many Muslim schools had Christian students studying at them?

The example of Oldham council is just that, old. Things that happened in this country 3 decades ago do not happen now.

Anyway as for oppression of the West, it's the nearly insidious way that Islamic culture tries to dominate the political, moral and cultural systems of any country. It's like a more advanced form of Christian missionaries. By building up a larger and larger population of Muslims, you will see a lot of influence in politics and business over the next 10 to 20 years. Do you realise how popular Islam is with young kids? A lot, and I mean lot of youths for the last 10 years have converted to Islam.

Now that is unfortunetly a risk you take in a democratic and free (compared to most of the world) country, and I certainly don't want liberties taken away just to protect our way of life from the perceived threat. But it is just that.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
The example of Oldham council is just that, old. Things that happened in this country 3 decades ago do not happen now.

The Oldham Race riots took place in 2001, it is still standard practice to send asian council tennants to the Glodwick estate in Oldham. in 2008 a survey of the area showed that out of a population of 3,400 tennants, 27 were white and where living in prodomantly Asian households. I grew up there, there is nothing old about it I assure you.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The policy was set in a different time, now it may not have been changed yet, but it will. I do agree that segregation is an issue outside of most of the big cities, and especially in the north though.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
The policy was set in a different time, now it may not have been changed yet, but it will. I do agree that segregation is an issue outside of most of the big cities, and especially in the north though.

Indeed, and my point was that it isn't always or even often by choice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm downloading the Qu'ran from an ebook site. I've got a slow connection but it should be done by Saturday the 11th.

I'm putting it on disk, if anyone wants one I can burn a few copies?

Win :D

BURN A QURAN (A Terry Jones/Fred Phelps MOCK Ad by DC Douglas)

See. Good has come from this already ;)

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I'm downloading the Qu'ran from an ebook site. I've got a slow connection but it should be done by Saturday the 11th.

I'm putting it on disk, if anyone wants one I can burn a few copies?

Nicked for Facebook, hope my muslim friends see the funny side :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Wonder how many of these people protesting can actually read? Not that I care, all religion is shit anyway.

Religions with holy books, such as Christianity with the Bible and Islam with the Koran usually value literacy. Certainly in Bible times you were considered to be uneducated in the extreme if you couldn't read from the Hebrew Scriptures or Talmud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom