Kicking off in Turkey - possible Military coup

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
As did Hitler
</godwin>

What's your point? We wouldn't have done anything about Hitler either; until 1938. How can you? After all by that logic we'd have standing armies in about 50 countries at this point; including Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What's your point? We wouldn't have done anything about Hitler either; until 1938. How can you? After all by that logic we'd have standing armies in about 50 countries at this point; including Russia, China and Saudi Arabia.
There wasn't a point.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Lol i temp wont give you your rights. Is that so they can kill the coup people

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Odd that they would even sign up to it in the first place...seeing as they aren't in Europe and have no intention of joining Europe. Most peculiar.
They are partly in Europe. As is Russia. Both are in the ECHR. It's nothing to do with the EU (although the Maastricht Treaty made sure all EU members have to also sign ECHR obligations into law.)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I guess that's why Russia abide by it too then.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, both scumbag countries. Only one is fully palled up though.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Odd that they would even sign up to it in the first place...seeing as they aren't in Europe and have no intention of joining Europe. Most peculiar.
Not half as peculiar as a country making an application to join something they have no intention of joining.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Talking to my mums friend from the States who is a just retired Colonel in the Army, very liberal outlook, hates Clinton, hates Trump, but said there is a strong feeling over there that Nato members do need to pay more and that his comments on that would go down well.

Job

Its gonna go tits up and Europe will come running to us and the States as usual.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
That definitely puts the scuppers on them joining the EU. Well, it should do anyway!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
What.

This stuff has been going on for ages - there was a travel programme with Simon Reeve who points all this out - the state are creating religious schools where they teach the Koran as truth.

It will be interesting to see how far they will go really. The documentary shows intentional redistribution of populations of religious people to the west of Turkey

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Turkey is going down a dark path. I personally knew several senior execs in Turkish Airlines that were sacked due to not being politically aligned with Erdogan's party. One that I know was not just sacked, she had her pension stripped as well after near 20 years of service. All because she was not a member of erdogan's party.

Work with a few Turks in UAE and they cannot believe what is happening right now.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Turkey is going down a dark path. I personally knew several senior execs in Turkish Airlines that were sacked due to not being politically aligned with Erdogan's party. One that I know was not just sacked, she had her pension stripped as well after near 20 years of service. All because she was not a member of erdogan's party.

Work with a few Turks in UAE and they cannot believe what is happening right now.

going to end up iran 2.0

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Something, muslims are absolutely fine countries, not batshit crazy, its just the minority omg and so on, something something.

Job

Its the heat...and the sand

georgie

FH is my second home
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom