Kicking off in Turkey - possible Military coup

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Coup failed it seems. Now for the crackdown.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Turkey is yet again proven to be the line of Islam against secularism, I'm sure the next few weeks are going to be interesting

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh but its OK, prime candidate for EU membership.
The only people saying that have been the witless leave campaigners. Everyone else knows Turkey's nowhere near ready.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Much like Greece was nowhere near ready to join the Euro.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
There's a lot of footage over on Liveleak, civvies being mowed down by tanks and literally pulped. 'Rivers of blood' would be how I would describe it.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
2700 judges fired by Erdogan, sounds like he's cleaning house regardless of if they were anything to do with it.

Job

Well that's pretty well guaranteed an armada of migrant/refugee boats leaving Turkey, we can never send them back now...the EUs entire Turkey/migrant plan up in smoke.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Ergodan supporters slitting the throats of surrendered coup soldiers. A lot of the surrendering soldiers have said that they were told it was all a training exercise. What an absolute clusterfuck. Now Ergodan has the justification to remove anyone he doesn't like and is more powerful than ever (in fact Fethullah Gulen said he thought it could've all been staged by Ergodan to allow him to do just that).

Last edited:

Job

We now have military people from a Nato country asking for political asylum in another Nato country.
We will be bombing parts of Turkey before this decade is out.

Embattle

FH is my second home
He is certainly clearing house, the coup just made it easier.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
We now have military people from a Nato country asking for political asylum in another Nato country.
We will be bombing parts of Turkey before this decade is out.

Quite the opposite, we're gonna let Turkey do what ever they want because they're an important strategic ally.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Turkey: Erdogan may restore death penalty with parliament approval - CNN.com

Erdogan stating he will ask for the reinstatement of the death penalty for treason! = no EU membership. Lots on the news here in US with the Turkish comments regarding the Muslim Cleric Fethullah Gulen asking for US to extradite him. They see it as a bit amusing here, all the rhetoric from the Turks and they have never once formally applied for extradition with the US State Department.

The way they are holding these soldiers who are, likely, largely innocent of any complicity looks pretty bad. Apparently many thought it was a training exercise for massive terrorist threat scenario. Any country that has a situation of military vs police & state is fucked up and cause for serious concern.

One of my team was returning from holiday and although the plane landed before the airport was fully closed they were held at the airport by the military all night. Pretty scary situation for his wife and kids. He said the Military were pretty heavy handed. Going to be some very interesting trials coming up. After they appoint new judges who are political supporters of Erdogan! If they ever let them in the EU it will be a huge mistake.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Anyone who disagrees with Erdogan is now a target. Democracy is dead in Turkey.

Kinda convenient for him that the worst coup attempt in history happened to give him the excuse to do this.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it was a suspiciously shit coup attempt.

Job

It was like 30 soldiers on a bridge, they couldn't have stopped a girl guide troop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom