Kicking off in Turkey - possible Military coup

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Headscarves for women next...Ataturk will be turning in his grave
Kelvin MacKenzie will be whooping for joy through confirmation-bias tho. The cunt.

Shame that no mad muslims have taken the time to put people like him out of our misery, instead mostly picking on randoms.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Now demanding University heads resign...forget Hitler, this is getting Pol Pot.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They've seen the US and UK commit atrocities under a false "terrorist" banner and feel they can do the same.

Which, of course, they can.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Good God. You're an even bigger bell end than I could possibly have imagined.

You're suggesting someone should be the victim of a terrorist attack, just for saying something you disagree with?

Jesus.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Kelvin MacKenzie will be whooping for joy through confirmation-bias tho. The cunt.

Shame that no mad muslims have taken the time to put people like him out of our misery, instead mostly picking on randoms.

Wishing violence on someone just because you disagree on something? When did you become a Muslim.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Kelvin MacKenzie was the cunt who printed the Sun Hillsborough headline and he's continued to be an epic cunt ever since in a series of atrocious events.

But still - my comment was (mildly) tongue in cheek. Feel free to get all butthurt over that wanker tho...

Job

no word of the helicopter that landed in Greece...the EU will want to keep that under the carpet.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Seems more and more likely that Erdogan knew of this in advance, this level of purge thats going on is crazy and couldn't happen overnight.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Turkey always has been an odd one. I work a lot with the airline which is state owned. Every time there is a power switch the management changes. Seems to be based on their party affiliation. I've seen some very good people side lined or demoted due to their political affiliations. Kind of thing you expect in Zimbabwe not a country seeking EU membership. Akin to the US going on a witch hunt for Scientologists. Just waiting for the book burning's to start in Istanbul and Ankara.

ECA

I am a FH squatter

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Im sure he had lists of people he hated before anything happened. I dont think he orchestrated it but has just used it as an opportunity

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What sort of a leader would have plans like that in the wings "just in case"? The sort of leader who would stage a coup.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't understand why any external bodies aren't stepping in - is it because its potentially a defence of anti Democratic people?

I really don't want to see a melt down of the UN and the EU in my life time :(

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think everyone is very weary of intervening on domestic issues after iran and afgan. Even if its just training and such. Its very sensitive atm.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I don't understand why any external bodies aren't stepping in - is it because its potentially a defence of anti Democratic people?

Why would it change the UN? Its awkward they are NATO but only awkward. The EU have fallen over themselves to woo Turkey but again its not the end of the world, just amother failed state on the doorstep.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
UN and EU - toothless tigers! I know they have not hung anyone yet but this resembles the antics of Pol Pot's regime in Cambodia. We should start calling this "Turkey, Year Zero"

Job

He is a very popular politician and has most of Turkey behind him...and also a strong Islamist, which means ultra conservative and rejects western values...Turkey staring down the barrel of another civil war...more refugees...and an EU in turmoil from previous idiotic immigration policies by the cluless left.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

The UN has no mandate to intervene on internal issues except in very specific circumstances (like genocide). Don't forget, this may seem appalling to us, but Erdogan has a lot of popular support.

Whether this...putsch...was pre-planned including the coup as a false flag or not, Ergogan has obviously had his hit list ready for a long time. There was an article by Norman Stone in the Sunday Times that mentioned Erdogan having informers listing teachers and academics who are anti-government or pro-secular, and the article came out before the arrests started.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The UN has no mandate to intervene on internal issues except in very specific circumstances (like genocide). Don't forget, this may seem appalling to us, but Erdogan has a lot of popular support.
As did Hitler
</godwin>

ECA

I am a FH squatter
You have to admire his productivity though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom