Karoline: how sad can you be?

O

old.Hienrich

yesterday, while playing with my alt infil Trampy i had the unpleasent encounter with Karoline lvl 43 mins, she went about inviting every lowbie into a group in her area then started to laught at all of us and calling us n00bs, i feel she a 1: sad as hell, and have no social life at all or 2: a complete git, and has no understanding how to be nice to ppl. many of us play the game to have some fun, not the be laught at and abused

i have also heard from other ppl who are 40+ that she is very unpleasent and rude, and also steals loot, that other ppl could use in groups that they drop in....

so beware of this person, and if anyone else has had a encounter with her please leave a post, she is now on my ingnore list.

many thx, and good hunting out there ppl, hope you dont meet any like her or her for that matter

S

starblade

many more

Unfortunately, there are many more (and I wont even lower myself to speak his name). It seems some of the higher lvls forget how it is/was to be a low level player ... even more how it was to be new at this game.

Couple of weeks ago, I was bringing a fun character to 10 (I was lvl 4 when it happened but just wanted to see how a sword n shield pala feels like since I'm 2handed now) when this guy comes up next to me ... and starts laughing at me and calling me names. At first, I just turned my back and continued to kill monsters but the fekker started to kill everything I attacked. Friendly asked him to stop but he kept insulting me .... lol ... he was a 13 armsman. From one side ... it was funny since I have fun characters higher then him :D so wasnt really bothered bout it. Saddens me to hear tho that other people are experiencing the same.

O

old.Paranoid

Karolines name is actually on the list of our guils ignor and avoide people...

Here is the bit...

**Fools**
Karoline.
A minstrel who is from the 'mana charge and go afk without warning' school of play. Ran off with a Barrows drop that was obviously suited to our Scout more than her, and she did nothing to earn it.

O

old.Zeikerd

About Collosus:
He also leeches your mob and when you say something about it he doesn't speak english all of a sudden (he is spanish).
Also some dude in my group rezzed him in barrows and he didn't even say thx or something.

O

old.Willis

Karoline = Wey (Guardians Of Light) and Weyder (Orden Hispanica (kicked)
Stupid lamer

a stupid and bad player, (13 years old)

Willis
Praetorians
Level 50
Spanish

K

Karam_gruul

I've grouped with Karoline before, and yes, she just sits at the back with the casters, sings mana song, and goes afk for a few hours. She also has the tendency to leave any group she's currently in if she thinks she's spotted a better one, without any real reason.

Well all games have people like that, unfortunatly daoc has quite a few, we should make them all go and lvl together in the same group or something, while all the over 18's in the game play normally.

H

Herbal Remedy

wey isnt in gol and hasnt been for a long long time we kciked hima s soon as we found out who he was

O

old.Andro

I am new to this server/realm. Have been playing Prydwen/Midgaard until now, been in a good guild and luckily there is far between unpleasant experiences.

Saturday I cought a cold and found it was time for me to start something new after my runemaster hit level 50. The choice was Excalibur/Albion, a ministrel.

It went smooth and I levelled pretty fast - people in general seemed nice. Monday I was in a perfectly good group killing slavers. A guy came and asked us for a room in the party and true there was room but we doing perfectly ok and everyone was happy with it so he was rejected.

Game went on but around 10 minutes later a lvl 22 (not sure about this but approximately) mage type came and kept killing our pulls and clearing the slavers completely keeping us from getting our XP. He told us that the reason was the guy we rejected. I dont remember the the of the rejection but I do remember the mage "Xplosive".

He was in a guild called Pheonix Guard but after the group contected the guild master he was immediately expelled (thx Nicolas).

Anyway... this has NEVER happened to me on Prydwen.

Another thing I find strange/rude about Excalibur/Albion is that group leaders flagging for party members don't answer then I contact them. The least thing that I expect is a simple no.

Other than that I like it there - minstrels ROCK and I look forward to kill the opposing realm enemies :D

C

Cerverloc

Bah, I hate those people. It's good that these things are posted so people are informed who not to invite in groups.

S

SilverHood

I play Prydwen midgard too, and some of the behavior on excalibur/albion stills shocks me

especially from higher levels

wont mention names, but my guild already has 5 people that we wont group with

on another note, I'm wary of grouping with ANYONE from the phoenix guard..... just too many bad encounters to list here

usually I don't generalise on guilds, but PG definetely needs something done about their recuitment policy

O

old.Finster

was warned of her. we turned her application down.

Finster, GM of RB

A

Arthwyr

Karoline

About 3 weeks ago i put together an ellyll party. (plate armor and sword drops) At the time i had lvl 48 (close to 49)and before we went i made it quite clear to all groupmembers (scout lvl 43, cleric lvl 46, wizard lvl 44 and ... Karoline, Minstrel lvl 40) that we went out hunting for a sword. After 3 hours of camp we did not get a single drop then all of a sudden ... DROP ... Ellyll sword (mind they drop kragon sword, all plate armor parts, small shields, 2 kinds of cloacks so getting one drop AND it being a sword is quite lucky)
We pick it up ofcourse autosplit goes to Karoline.
What comes next is quite nice ... Being the lowest group member Karoline did not even offer me the sword only thing she did was look at herself wielding it in fixed camera saying how cool it looks nad how she, the lvl 41 minstrel was a slash user and since she would be level 50 in a week (!!!) she would be able to use the sword then. When the group kinda insisted on her giving me the sword she logged right then and there.
I camped the ellylls 6 more times since then, from 4 to 6 hours a camp. So far they dropped me PLate gloves and sleeves, a small shield a caster ring an ellyll lute (wich i did not present to karoline) and a Kraggon sword but no ellyll sword. So yes, karoline is on my ignore list. Right now she still has a sword wich she wont be able to use properly in another 7 levels.

Arthwyr Pendragon
LvL 50 Paladin
GM <Exiled>

T

tilde

Ellyll Sword isnt very good, go camp cailleach guards for Cailiondar Bastard Sword, that baby rox

K

Khalen

Arthwyr if yah still need people to help yah get a sword (I already have one) give me a call. Always available to help some people to get certain drops. I'm almost lvl 50 as well and the only thing I need are AF 98 boots. The rest I can get if I'm lucky. And people like Karoline are a pain in the ass.

C

c0ngo

Still needs a reasonable paty to kill Cailleach Guards though Tilde but Ellyll Guards I can solo :) although having another couple in the party makes things easier.

Looks like I've been lucky sofar though.

Had very few problems with drops or groups.

Had more problems with my alts than with my main chars ever had though. As I grouped with most of the people I'd regard as the best players on the Server with my main I guess that's to be expected.

T

tilde

congo-bongo :)

Go hunt in dartmoor or cailleach guards for armor, got much better stats than Kraggon Worm

O

old.BJ|Bored

think i got some kraggon boots spare if u still need em khalen.

K

Khalen

Ohh would be nice Gambit :) Maybe I've something for your alts or something in trade... :) Spoo fine by me.. would be nice with a cleric as backup but I think that can be arranged in my guild easy now we've emerged with the Dutch Peacekeepers.

At lvl 48 the af 98 plate becomes yellow...

A

Arthwyr

:E

Actualy I have the caillionder bastard sword but since its the only decent lvl 50 sword i have the durability of it is being wasted on PvE. Since the Forged Lava sword (Great for PvE) refuses to drop in my presence and the Ellyll sword (wich seems to hold the middle betweed caillionder and Lava) got nicked, the caillionder one will be, as i said before, wasted on Mobs instead of Hib/Mid Skulls :( I'll take some of you up on hunts though thx for the offers.

Arthwyr
GM <Exiled>

T

tilde

got 2lavaswords :)

and:

1 diamond dagger
1 molten magma
1 ellyll sword
1 frenzy axe (3charges)
and the bastardsword ;)

I

Insurrextion

oh no! u missing the dark sword of granite Tilde!!! :p

K

Khalen

Me 2 ;) I've heared it's quite good :)

I don't find the lava forged sword that good (got it recently and it's a short sword, and so doing less damage then a longsword/broadsword etc.). Ellyll is quite good. But i've heared rumours about an ellyll longsword?

N

)nick(

Silverhood,

Would you be so kind as to contact me at iam@nickeales.com, regarding the problems you seem to have with our guild. As far as I know there has only been one incident with "xplosive" and he was dealt with swiftly.

I

Insurrextion

lava forged has a lower speed than longswords/broadswords which makes it hit faster (good thing is that misses/fumbles arent so costly since u hit often/recover faster) ... you'll probably do the same damage over time as another 16.1 sword, maybe even more as u will probably proc more often :)

good thing about slower swords is that u get a bigger first hit which doesnt matter on spd of weapon ... and u also use less endurance in combat due to less use of styles (very nice in RvR :)) ellyll sword sucks - only 89% qua while caliondar has 91% ... QUALITY OWNZ JOO! :p

K

Khalen

Ehm to get back to the subject.

I saw a message go by last night ->

Karoline was just killed by a lesser Telamon (I call those Pokemons)

:cool:

O

old.Paranoid

yes, she was killed by that lesser tealmon after disbanding a group to run to another group which had a higher lvl in it =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom