Its over!

waiman

Fledgling Freddie
well beta is over, what was ya pros and cons from it all?

Pros:
Definatly the RvR it is tooo sick

Cons:
not enough time to RvR :<

Barluk

Fledgling Freddie
i wonder why the ingame msg was saying that the servers will be up again at 15:00 while the website is saying that the beta servers are shutting down at 15:00 :lol:

Pro's:
Collision Detection
Seige weapons
Fun quests
Nice trade skills
Alot of different classes

Con's:
hoping that Goa will run it smooth when it goes live, not realy anny ingame cons atm.. :D

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Id rather they start getting the servers inline for headstart now. Did seem a little weird they would patch now when the servers are going down so soon.

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
They should let the beta players play through the headstart, and just delete the beta characters afterwards, since they screwed up so much at the beginning.

I don't think it's possible to do but it would be nice.

I think it's obvious they still have that miscommunication problem going on. It will be interesting to see if the servers will actually come back up in 1 hour, and how long people will be able to play then. I wonder how many people would be pissed if it's really over yet, since they got told to come back in an hour to play.

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
the future for WAR looks brilliant :) now lets just pray for a smooth HS with goa behind the wheel

Naybuff

Fledgling Freddie
beta

this game is so much like DoaC in so many ways apart not have 3 faction : ( so no more mids and hibs grouping up on them dam albs:twak: ..:(
this game will be even better when i find myself a guild but that's down to me i guess:flame:

just hope more ppl talk when it goes live chat was abit dead :p

order all the way... :clap:

play with style or turn it off
:iagree:

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I think it's obvious they still have that miscommunication problem going on. It will be interesting to see if the servers will actually come back up in 1 hour, and how long people will be able to play then. I wonder how many people would be pissed if it's really over yet, since they got told to come back in an hour to play.

Same just happened on US, I don't think this is to do with GOA, I think this is prob the end of beta :p

Beta end/HS release are supposed to be at the same time so I think Mythic currently running the show.

Narly

Fledgling Freddie
Lot's and lot's of fun! Hope I just need to wait until monday to start my pre-start. = )

Lexican

Fledgling Freddie
my pros are
cool rvr / pvp
didnt find the pve grinding that bad
goblin shamans :)

my cons are
dyes were not dark for my taste and no black
sometimes getting blocked by ur own side in rvr
couldnt go back to old bgs in teir1 once i hit t2 :(
and gpahics shuttering but its more or less fixed now but it was bad for a while

Grimlorn

Fledgling Freddie
Same just happened on US, I don't think this is to do with GOA, I think this is prob the end of beta :p

Beta end/HS release are supposed to be at the same time so I think Mythic currently running the show.
That's odd I thought it was suppose to be a day after, but I guess not. Sucks they ended it an hour early.

Grimlar

Fledgling Freddie
Overall I enjoyed the beta...

Pro's
Good Fun
Enjoyed the RvR Scenarios
Public Quests (when you can get a group)
Lots of choice on the careers, so lots to try out.

Cons
Goa's less than stellar performance
Quite a few little bugs ( I know, its beta/launch but all the same)
Since I was mostly playing order... Black Orcs :) Maybe just a touch too much.

On the whole though, yes looking forward to headstart/launch.

Kaleii

Fledgling Freddie
Overall I think they got a great game going on, one I see myself wasting years on:/

But, all these little bugs in the game currently are annoying.
The terrain bugs are the worst though, randomly falling thru the world then dying gets tedious the 25th time:p

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Pros:

Greenskins, seriously.

Never once, in any mmorpg have i felt like roleplaying even in the slightest. Yet on a non-RP server a group of gobbos and orcs almost always eventually fall in to roleplaying. Dwarfs automatically become stunties. When theres an argument about which way we should go, 'da biggest' orc inevitably gets to decide. Gobbos become runts.

Actually love it.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Finally managed to get on this morning :) got to level 5 on a witch hunter.

Quite an interesting idea, guess its quite similar to the vampiir in DAOC but seems a lot of fun, and looks cool too! The quests open out nicely introducing you to more of the game.

Though is it me or does the game itself just not look that good, poor textures and bad lighting. hope it gets better in that respect.

York

Fledgling Freddie
Pro's (aka Fun)

Public Quests
Lorebook
RvR
Classes
Loot

Cons (aka Not Fun)

Waiting till monday to play.

M

maedsigil

Totaly sick game, I haven't had the crack whore feeling since I played wow beta, so good with a new fresh game too just take a hugh bite and taste teh tasty taste!:flame: Hope GOA just shape up(yes, I'm an uncureable optimist!)

PROs:
1. Sick PVP feeling
2. Considerable smooth and good feeling in streering (This is a crusual point for me, since so many MMOs miss this thing, and what makes the classic games WoW and CS still so good, it got "the" feeling!)
3. Wonderful and well done areas(at least till lvl 16 that I got too)
4. BITCH FUCKING ELFS, gotta love them :)

CONs:
None hehe

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
PRO
I got hook after the first 5 min. The felling ingame is just warhamme.
Most classes is really fun, and diffrent
The greenskins

Con
The missing tanks, PQ is really hard without the big dump guy in plate
GOA GOA GOA
I have to wait till tomorrow to play, i dont know what to do with my life now.

All in all a big step up from WOW, and wenn my frindes get in, i fear i won´t live outside of my PC the rest of the year

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
They should let the beta players play through the headstart, and just delete the beta characters afterwards, since they screwed up so much at the beginning.
erm no.

if you bought the game you will be playing the headtsart anyway, if you didnt then tough go buy it.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Pros:

RvR, public quests, group activities
fun classes
spanners, rifles and molotovs
greenskins & stunties

Cons:

EA, the MMOGs destroyer
Mythic, the DAOC destroyer
GoA, the Prydwen DB destroyer
no AA/AF controls in game client, wtf ?!

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Enjoyed Scenarios and the fact you can walk out of a quest hub and go direction X for insta open field PvP or direction Y for chilled out PvE.

Magus is pretty bad though. I tried to find redeeming things about this class at low levels but its desperately ineffective at low level RvR mainly due to no meanfully useful instas until lvl9 and a stationary pet that takes time to summon. I know people that have played engineers complain of similar issues (Engineer info is hearsay not direct experience as I've not played it at all). It smells of Mythic not quite knowing what to do with the class(es) as if they like the idea of it, but not sure what to do with it. That said I'll make one in retail but not as first levelling priority and hope the utility value of this class is addressed early on so I can switch back to it.

Overall, thoroughly enjoyed beta and had very little trouble. A few crashes to desktop on zealot in the starter area crypt was about the worst I had to deal with.

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
PRO
Con
The missing tanks, PQ is really hard without the big dump guy in plate

Yep :) hopefully come retail more ppl will play tanks. To me at least it feels like they peak later on so there were other more fun classes to play during ob :)

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
Yep :) hopefully come retail more ppl will play tanks. To me at least it feels like they peak later on so there were other more fun classes to play during ob :)
i like the black orc ,they suck until around lvl 6 though.

Poe

Fledgling Freddie
Magus is pretty bad though. I tried to find redeeming things about this class at low levels but its desperately ineffective at low level RvR mainly due to no meanfully useful instas until lvl9 and a stationary pet that takes time to summon. I know people that have played engineers complain of similar issues (Engineer info is hearsay not direct experience as I've not played it at all).

If Mythic are anything like they were in DAOC (and I am not comparing!!), the classes that are judged to be poor today will be tomorrow's FOTM :)

I can see some classes getting a huge whack with the nerf bat on the first major balance patch.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
pro's

finally seeing rvr where 3 tanks can shield wall a bridge and hold back the hordes while mages cast spells past them.

I am sooooo looking forward to rvr and the tactics that will evolve.

con's

LET ME LOGIN NOW DAMMIT

Aada

Part of the furniture
pros= rvr is very fun/pqs i really like and so far like all the classes i have tried.

cons= graphics aren't up to par in my opinion anyone actually looked at the shadows or lack of?, combat bugs can ruin gameplay especially on PQs where the boss simply won't be attacked.

Class con = Magus is great to look at but the skills leave alot to be desired tbh i expect this class to have a major overhaul in the future.

Bright Wizard blatantly overpowered.

Overall fun game and i am looking forward to getting started.

hibblet

Fledgling Freddie
pros
well i thought them public areas/mobs were nice

cons
whats with the eula seem to have to accept it every time i log in,

cant log in , but they said there would be still ob till later tonite
and can log in till 1600 cet

Spyteful

Fledgling Freddie
WOAOR is fun right out of the gate, and it stays that way. It's main asset is that it doesn't feel like a grind. There's loads of fun stuff to do.

Pros
Quest Design
PQs
Easy grouping
Fast pace - there is no slacking on autofollow here :)
Scenarios
RvR
Artillery
Dead stunties

Cons
goa
Niggly bugs and a crash to desktop every hour or so
Tank shortage :(
Travel times (bane of MMOs imo)
"Crafting"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom