Question Israel / Palestine - Is this accurate ?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
History of the Middle East?

Oh. I didn't know feelings were based on where in the world you were.

My mistake. I thought that time could be a healer in the middle east as it has been in other parts of the world. But I guess not. Who'd have thunk that israel had invented some sort of aggression-magnet eh?

rynnor

Rockhound
My mistake. I thought that time could be a healer in the middle east as it has been in other parts of the world.

The problem for your viewpoint is that the world is full of examples that disprove it and very few to support it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The problem for your viewpoint is that the world is full of examples that disprove it and very few to support it.

Oh really? I didn't know the US was still at war with Japan.

How's our fight with Germany going btw?

LOL! Imagine if we shared some government with them?!!!!! Fuck. I crack myself up sometimes.

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm hoping you're showing rynnor that we're not currently at war with our mortal enemies France and Spain any more ;)

Fixed that for you - think of it as a lull to allow re-arming.

rynnor

Rockhound
Oh really? I didn't know the US was still at war with Japan.

Last I heard the US still occupy large chunks of Japanese territory with thousands of troops there - just saying :p

How's our fight with Germany going btw?

Can't be long till the next one - unless you truly believe that our 60 years of peace will somehow last forever?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Last I heard the US still occupy large chunks of Japanese territory with thousands of troops there - just saying :p

With consent.

Can't be long till the next one - unless you truly believe that our 60 years of peace will somehow last forever?

I doubt it will, until the minds of people are changed through education. Go a bit more Carl Sagan and a bit less Carl Schmidt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Yes. With consent.

That article is about people who don't like it - NOT the japanese government. And to quote your own article:
A staunch U.S. ally in the Asia-Pacific, Japan is home to a number of U.S. military bases with more than 50,000 soldiers, nearly half of them in Okinawa. Even though Japan and the United States have agreed to shift the Marine Corps Futenma Air Station from Okinawa, it is yet to be implemented.

rynnor

Rockhound
Yes. With consent.

That article is about people who don't like it - NOT the japanese government. And to quote your own article:

Japan has little choice considering how much the Chinese hate them - without the US forces Japan would be in trouble...

Perhaps we just need the US to send a huge standing army to Israel to secure peace in the region?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You just keep on scrabbling rynnor - sooner or later, like Indy, you'll find a vine ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Seems that israel, hot on the heels of announcing a new raft of illegal settlements, is now withholding 120 million in tax revenues from the Palestinian Authority.

I guess that's what happens in israel when a democratic vote outnumbers you more than ten to one, eh? :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
To be fair, the PA is corrupt, gangsterish and a puppet of nearby regimes. Would you withhold money if you thought it was just going to fund the rockets and bombs that your people don't really like going off in their midst?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You could come up with any excuse you like, but at the end of the day they've just been the beneficiary of a nice big UN-stamped vote of confidence and israel should not be witholding it.

Frankly it's just another reason (amongst the fucking hundreds) that stokes the rocket attacks.

Did I say 136 - 9 btw?

It seems the UN has confidence in the palestinians... :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It seems the UN likes contemplating its belly-button as usual. It's just PR. The PA is reneging on treaty commitments by doing this just as much as anyone else is. Why do you see any good guys in this thing?

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Out of all those nations how many really care, that is the bigger question.
How many voted yes to because they don't like the US?
Most UN votes have got more to do with confidence but more with selfish politics, just look at Syria.
What I am still wondering about is who calls them illegal settlements? What court has?
I do hope the Palestinians will get their state as I believe it is any people's right to have one.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Is this a good thing? If Hamas are a terrorist organization they have just been given a seat at the table. So whats the stop the Taliban getting a seat? This is not meant to be against Palestine in particular just nations ruled by terrorists.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The Taliban don't represent a country.

If Shin Fane won in the Republic of Ireland would you call the Irish a bunch of terrorists?

Poag

m00?
The Taliban don't represent a country.*

If Shin Fane won in the Republic of Ireland would you call the Irish a bunch of terrorists?
*Anymore. But they did.

Also thats not what hes said. He said the leaders are part of a terrorist movement, not the people.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If Hamas are a terrorist organization they have just been given a seat at the table.

We define them as a terrorist organisation. The rest of the world doesn't.

We define them as such because we want israel to win and them to lose.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It seems the leader of the UN is warning israel against a fatal blow to peace.
Israeli settlement plans in a strategically sensitive area of occupied land near East Jerusalem would deal "an almost fatal blow" to peace hopes, UN head Ban Ki-moon has warned.
Palestinians in East Jerusalem could be completely cut off from the rest of the West Bank

Israel, is doing this. Not Palestinians who have no power as they're under israeli rule. No, it's the religion-based government that's doing this.

Benjamin Netanyahu said:
We will carry on building in Jerusalem and in all the places that are on the map of Israel's strategic interests

C.U.N.T.S.

:)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We define them as a terrorist organisation. The rest of the world doesn't.

We define them as such because we want israel to win and them to lose.

Yes they do. The Hamas military wing is regarded by most political commentators (not just Americans and British) as the PIRA to the Political Hamas' Sinn Fein. Military Hamas often does things that are contrary to the political wing's stated aims; like firing missiles next to schools, using civilians as human shields etc.

Its all very well, (quite rightly), pointing out the evils of the Israelis, but to the neutral observer, no-one in that part of the world are the good guys, you've got black hats on both sides.

Poag

m00?
Russia deems Hamas is a terrorist organisation, they dont put it "on the list" however as they only list threats to themselves. Source rather than the US/Euro method of listing terrorist groups in general.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
*Anymore. But they did.

Also thats not what hes said. He said the leaders are part of a terrorist movement, not the people.

Half of Shin Fane weren't afraid of a bit of good old knee capping in their day.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Half of Shin Fane weren't afraid of a bit of good old knee capping in their day.

And the british government tools around the world with their massive and well-funded army killing political targets. Even ones they helped put in power like the mujahadeen Taliban.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. If we're getting to that level of "but but but the the government says they're terrorists!!11!" in our arguments are no longer based on the evidence before our own eyes and become based on someone else's opinion...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom