Israel/Palestine (Conflict to more Conflicts)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If it was an exploding gun in their pocket would that be ok? The pager is a weapon, being used by Hezbollah as a weapon. If it was located alongside civilians, that's on Hezbollah, an organisation that routinely hides it's weapons amongst civilians.

I'm no fan of Israel, but this is literally about as near a perfect precision strike as is humanly possible.

Isn't it at like 20 deaths and 20k+ injuries?

I wouldn't call that precise.

I'd call it higher employment rate thanks to Hezbollah.

There's lots of things they could have done instead of lots of explosions, which they probably are, but let's not mess around here, this was for tik-tok.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Isn't it at like 20 deaths and 20k+ injuries?

I wouldn't call that precise.

I'd call it higher employment rate thanks to Hezbollah.

There's lots of things they could have done instead of lots of explosions, which they probably are, but let's not mess around here, this was for tik-tok.
It's incredibly precise.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If it was an exploding gun in their pocket would that be ok? The pager is a weapon, being used by Hezbollah as a weapon. If it was located alongside civilians, that's on Hezbollah, an organisation that routinely hides it's weapons amongst civilians.

I'm no fan of Israel, but this is literally about as near a perfect precision strike as is humanly possible.
That's stretching an analogy way too far.

It's indescriminate. They might be blowing up bombs in the pockets of targets, but if you think it's likely that they'll be bouncing babies on their knees when it happens then that's the very definition of not acceptable.

Human shields are shields. And you can't even level the accusation that Hezbollah is using human shields - they're fucking shopping, visiting the dentist, visiting people in hospital, going about normal lives in not a war zone.

So I'll state it again: Israel has seemingly created a world where it's OK for civilians to be directly in the firing line.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's incredibly precise.
And horribly indiscriminate at the same time.

5,000 lazer guided bombs directly onto your targets heads? Check. Precise. No checking to see if any civilians are in harms way? Hmmm, not so good.

Importantly - no expectation that carrying pagers is going to put people in harms way? You're not even giving your targets the chance to not use humans as shields - you're saying very clearly "I don't give a fuck about who else gets hurt"

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And horribly indiscriminate at the same time.

5,000 lazer guided bombs directly onto your targets heads? Check. Precise. No checking to see if any civilians are in harms way? Hmmm, not so good.

Importantly - no expectation that carrying pagers is going to put people in harms way? You're not even giving your targets the chance to not use humans as shields - you're saying very clearly "I don't give a fuck about who else gets hurt"
You don't know what "precise" means in a military context.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You don't know what "precise" means in a military context.
The action shows wanton disregard for civilian life. It's a clear and obvious breach of the Geneva convention. You can target military objectives but you have to show due consideration to the likely placement of these objectives and the risk to civilian life. And it's obvious not only that, because of the nature of the attacks, due consideration could not really be made prior - but really it was clear and obvious that civilian casualties could not be minimised through attacks of this nature.

I think you disregard the law.

Last edited:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I gotta say I'm with Gaff on this one. DGMW, I abhor violence of any kind, but you have to admit this is an absolutely stellar coup for Mossad or whoever pulled off this caper.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Like everyone else I'm wowed by the audacity of Israel's acts. However, I'm with the UN lawyers and human rights groups who say:

Simultaneous targeting of thousands of individuals, whether civilians or members of armed groups, without knowledge as to who was in possession of the targeted devices, their location and their surroundings at the time of the attack, violates international human rights law and, to the extent applicable, international humanitarian law

Impressiveness of the action doesn't make up for families of innocent people who are crying umconsolably right now over their loss.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Like everyone else I'm wowed by the audacity of Israel's acts. However, I'm with the UN lawyers and human rights groups who say:

Impressiveness of the action doesn't make up for families of innocent people who are crying umconsolably right now over their loss.
oh aye, I agree with that too

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom