Is this what society has come to?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I somehow doubt that Ricky will get the same amount of flack that JK Rowling or other women get, for some unfathomable reason
Because he's a comedian trying to get laughs? He's not really going for nuanced social commentary is he. (In fact, whilst I was mildly amused he did remind me of the old music hall type comedians or even a bit Roy Chubby Brown).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ridiculous people should be ridiculed.
100%.

But put this in perspective. We've got a thread dedicated to trans stuff. But we don't have a thread dedicated to taking the piss out of Catholics - which are a huge portion of the population and are managing to slowly bring about The Handmaids Tale in "civilized" western America. Add to that Muslims bringing jihad close to Europes borders.

But "hate speech" eh? Since the last Labour government we can go down for "stirring up religious hatred" if we intend to stir up hatred through the abusive ridicule of religions.

That's a bit more important than our current moral outrage at trans shit, don't you think? But we're mostly swerving that, for obvious reasons.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Not everything is so deep. The powerful trans lobby is a relatively new thing and its just fotm at the moment, it wont be forever.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
100%.

But put this in perspective. We've got a thread dedicated to trans stuff. But we don't have a thread dedicated to taking the piss out of Catholics - which are a huge portion of the population and are managing to slowly bring about The Handmaids Tale in "civilized" western America. Add to that Muslims bringing jihad close to Europes borders.

But "hate speech" eh? Since the last Labour government we can go down for "stirring up religious hatred" if we intend to stir up hatred through the abusive ridicule of religions.

That's a bit more important than our current moral outrage at trans shit, don't you think? But we're mostly swerving that, for obvious reasons.

It's not about taking the piss out of them for what they are, or what they think. It's taking the piss out of them for how they behave.

This is the sort of subject where people will always disagree, it's extremely complex and just pointless going round in circles.

And yeah, for most people it's just not important, they just don't have an opinion, which winds the nutters up no end.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It's not about taking the piss out of them for what they are, or what they think. It's taking the piss out of them for how they behave.

This is the sort of subject where people will always disagree, it's extremely complex and just pointless going round in circles.

And yeah, for most people it's just not important, they just don't have an opinion, which winds the nutters up no end.

Don't call @Scouse a nutter :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
100%.

But put this in perspective. We've got a thread dedicated to trans stuff. But we don't have a thread dedicated to taking the piss out of Catholics - which are a huge portion of the population and are managing to slowly bring about The Handmaids Tale in "civilized" western America.
This is mentioned many times in the United States Corrupt Twattery thread.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I don't understand a lot of the terf stuff and tend to tune out of it. All I know is why can't people just accept others for who they are? Makes no difference to me what goes on between someone's legs. And the silly arguments about how to define a woman? What, hormonally, genetically, biologically, etc? Very few things in life are black and white. Sexuality is one of them.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's also quite an old clip....

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Nothing funny ever came out of Kettering. Just absolute misery.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
She's spot on. Its actually like the colonisation of the female sex.
We all loved her whilst she was alive, but she was hardly a non-partisan rationalist - just the (very far) other end of the spectrum.

As for the bold - separate sex and gender? Easy to do.

DaGaffer

We all loved her whilst she was alive, but she was hardly a non-partisan rationalist - just the (very far) other end of the spectrum.

As for the bold - separate sex and gender? Easy to do.

No. I said sex for a reason. Gender can go fuck itself; its become an utterly useless term.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Alex Drummond is a transvestite. That’s a non-controversial fact. It’s not even a bad thing. Why can’t people just accept that?

DaGaffer

You're too old m8 ;)

If by "too old", you mean "not a gullible twat" then sure, I'm too old.

"Gender" is being used as a term to effectively deny the existence of biological sex whilst at the exact same time, using all of the traits of biological sex to cosplay an identity. This having your cake and eating it shit is tedious first world problem bullshit. So I'm not using the term gender any more and I'm not playing "let's all be polite and ignore the mental illness in the room by playing along".

If all these idiots were putting on face paint and saying "I'm black now", we'd all be outraged and demanding their heads, but hey, its only women they're impersonating, right?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If by "too old", you mean "not a gullible twat" then sure, I'm too old.

"Gender" is being used as a term to effectively deny the existence of biological sex whilst at the exact same time, using all of the traits of biological sex to cosplay an identity. This having your cake and eating it shit is tedious first world problem bullshit. So I'm not using the term gender any more and I'm not playing "let's all be polite and ignore the mental illness in the room by playing along".

If all these idiots were putting on face paint and saying "I'm black now", we'd all be outraged and demanding their heads, but hey, its only women they're impersonating, right?
If sex and gender were completely separate as they try to tell us then why is reassignment surgery even a thing? If people with penises can be women because it is gender, not sex, why on earth do they need to chop them off? Why are they chopping tits off if their gender is male and their sex is not relevant?

It makes no fucking sense.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Mostly because sex is a real things studied by biologists for hundreds of years, gender is a "social construct" made up by postmodernist humanities wonks very recently.

Transvestites / transexuals I have plenty of sympathy for. Someone waking up one day and deciding they're "non-binary" - whatever the fuck that means - just to fit in with their mates can fuck off tbh.

Puberty blockers also need to be banned imo, not handed out like sweets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom