Is this what society has come to?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
But both will be able to claim they are vaginas.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If they want to challenge they should be writing papers, no? Would totally back that.

As it is, it's just an opinion piece. And other scientists have written different opinion pieces. So it doesn't really help does it.

Not saying they're wrong here. I kinda don't really care that much. They're talking specifically about sex (not gender, although they mention it earlier on) and I fall down on that side of the argument. But then, I'm not a scientist, so what the fuck do I know. I mean, as far as I used to know information couldn't move faster than light, but quantum entanglement shits all over that. So I'm open to people proving things through science.

Agree in principle, however the issue is that most scientific research in the Gender Studies field, are basically just opinion pieces with Hypotheses and Conclusions. It is an incredibly difficult field to get anything which counts as valuable scientific evidence imo, which is why I look on it as a bit of a joke. It's what I would count as scientific opinion, not scientific fact. You need to look at the Hierarchy of Evidence Pyramid to see why - also why I find any arguments that revolve around "consensus" massively unconvincing:

Hierarchy-of-evidence-pyramid-The-pyramidal-shape-qualitatively-integrates-the-amount-of.png

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree in principle, however the issue is that most scientific research in the Gender Studies field

Wanted to stop there because we should indeed be separating Sex and Gender. (As I've been saying all along). Or we should be inventing new language - our thinking about these topics is absolutely influenced by how we can talk about them - so if Sex is immutable, and Gender too bound up in Sex to be able to cover these topics then we need a third characteristic. (Other cultures have/have had just that and don't have the same problems - it does seem particularly to stick in the craw of the english-speaking western world).

are basically just opinion pieces with Hypotheses and Conclusions. It is an incredibly difficult field to get anything which counts as valuable scientific evidence imo, which is why I look on it as a bit of a joke. It's what I would count as scientific opinion, not scientific fact. You need to look at the Hierarchy of Evidence Pyramid to see why - also why I find any arguments that revolve around "consensus" massively unconvincing

Hierarchy-of-evidence-pyramid-The-pyramidal-shape-qualitatively-integrates-the-amount-of.png
Yeah - don't necessarily disagree about this. @Wij's article sits firmly on the lowest rung there - Editorials and expert opinion (it's simply a letter from scientists and therefore relatively worthless).

However - the only thing I'd say about "consensus opinion" - is that's been getting bandied around a lot (in particular by the media but also by scientists) to stop the whining about Climate Science. The reason for that is that meta-analysis of many RCTs form the basis of climate science - but it doesn't shut the whiners up (who generally pitch in with editorials and expert opinion) - but the public hasn't committed the above to memory and don't consider it every time someone rocks up on Fox News to poo-poo polar bears.

The answer, of course, is do more proper science. :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeah - don't necessarily disagree about this. @Wij's article sits firmly on the lowest rung there - Editorials and expert opinion (it's simply a letter from scientists and therefore relatively worthless).
It just said to stop making shit articles that conflate sex with secondary sexual characteristics and confuse everyone. The science is already in and nothing that the other articles do disproves it. It's not pretending to be a scientific paper. It doesn't need to be.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Consensus opinion, much like the much touted and much discredited scientists agree on climate change/globalheating/ is that the emailed questionaires they are based on are totally designed to obtain the result they desire , with leading questions and a good bit of post context adjustment.
They didnt even bother to target actual climate scientists, it was a blanket 'you agree with this dont you, Id hate to have to ridicule your reputation and form a mob to have you cancelled'.
The fact that consensus is the exact polar opposite of the scientific method , shows how toxic the atmosphere is in academia.
Anyone daring to challenge emotional scientific theories is looking for a tar and feathering.
They dont even bother with that now.
Its plain and simple blackmail by public shame, we are being overseen by a facist society that has managed to convince everyone its the good guy.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Doesn't call her a "senior scientist" anywhere in the article. A term without meaning anyway.
I think there was a twitter argument before Alice de-linked or blocked the group for getting abuse apparently. (I don't know, I don't know how it works - don't use it). But yeah, I agree - payscale doesn't denote intelligence. Only cold hard well-designed research should be getting used to further arguments.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It doesn't take a genius to work out that this is bullshit:
The legal group so keen to defend the right to speak the truth, in this case a fundamental, observable scientific truth? The American Civil Liberties Union, a group whose modern day social media presence promotes nonsense like:

"The notion of biological sex was developed for the exclusive purpose of being weaponized against people."

and

"Sex and gender are different words for the same thing [that is] a set of politically and socially contingent notions of embodied and expressed identity."

and shares articles asserting that biological sex is rooted in white supremacy.

Just a determination not to let ideology trump facts. Two hairy-arsed people with cocks and balls can't produce a baby no matter how strong their 'expressed identity' is.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Or gestation-vessels? Anyone would think being pregnant gives the selfish bitches the right to call themselves female.

Cunts.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
What about Mrs Potato head?
Will they just both be called Potato Head. Now that will be confusing

Apparently it's just the "Brand" that's changing to Potato Head, Mr and Mrs PH will still be available, apparently.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Alex, 31 looks like he would be a riot at parties.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Homophobia is completely on trend now
If you will follow the most vocal of the vocal idiots on twitter, which is the platform where the most vocal idiots get the biggest voice.

So that's the most vocal of vocal idiots in vocal idiot land.

:)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If you will follow the most vocal of the vocal idiots on twitter, which is the platform where the most vocal idiots get the biggest voice.

So that's the most vocal of vocal idiots in vocal idiot land.

:)
You miss the point. Lesbians who don't want to date men in dresses ARE getting banned from lesbian dating apps. It's actually happening, not on Twitter.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You miss the point. Lesbians who don't want to date men in dresses ARE getting banned from lesbian dating apps. It's actually happening, not on Twitter.
What apps?

Won't be any of the main ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom