Is this what society has come to?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Behind a Paywall. Which minister are you talking about?

But anyway. let's digest the headline. What exactly has that got to do with anything?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What has it got to do with anything?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Behind a Paywall. Which minister are you talking about?

But anyway. let's digest the headline. What exactly has that got to do with anything?

Its the "Women and Equalities" minister Kemi Badenoch.
I guess @Job doesnt want her to do her job.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It's like stepping back into a village pub in the 80s. My Nan didn't trust blacks either.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Job

A male bodied transgender.

Hang on, when that been allowed as a description.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Maybe someone who has to swear he was going to live as a man to get a gender recognition certificate should lose it when he keeps getting pregnant.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe someone who has to swear he was going to live as a man to get a gender recognition certificate should lose it when he keeps getting pregnant.
Maybe they should have to swear they're going to live as a teapot, dependent on the day of the week, and they can put that down on the kid's birth certificate?

Kid gets to understand where teapot's been and teapot's happy too.

Rest of world is unaffected and gives zero fucks eh? :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If the child pops out of your fanny you are the mother by definition.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If the child pops out of your fanny you are the mother by definition.
In many ways I 100% agree with you.

However, the argument is about what's written on a birth certificate - shit we write down on a pointless piece of paper "just because".

If we move to a system where the definition more accurately describes the lived experience of the parent (I understand the term "parent" won't be used either? Why the fuck not?) then it harms no one and makes this small but significant section of humans feel better.

Why not do that? - it doesn't harm anyone.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Actually, what is written on the birth certificate is a very useful tool for historical purposes.

Not that what is written on a birth certificate actually matters to the child involved. Mine might as well say cunt, written in crayon for all I care.

Although in this case, he should be named as mother. He was/is a biological female to even give birth in the first place ffs. Genetically male mammals just don't give birth, it's the way it is unfortunately.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

However, the argument is about what's written on a birth certificate - shit we write down on a pointless piece of paper "just because".

If we move to a system where the definition more accurately describes the lived experience of the parent (I understand the term "parent" won't be used either? Why the fuck not?) then it harms no one and makes this small but significant section of humans feel better.

Putting 'space-alien-from-zob' technically doesn't harm anyone but I don't think we should allow that either. We shouldn't just deny facts because people say they find them offensive. I thought you were big on that principle tbh

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

The interests of the child are paramount, not the personal identity choices of its parent. Knowing your biological parentage is useful, and in later life could be critical for health reasons, so the parents shouldn't have the right to muddy the waters with potential misidentification. This isn't about this case in particular, its about avoiding a bad precedent.

I'm sure they could do some kind of "mother/biological, father/gender" addendum but I have sneaking suspicion thats not what this person wanted.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The interests of the child are paramount, not the personal identity choices of its parent. Knowing your biological parentage is useful, and in later life could be critical for health reasons, so the parents shouldn't have the right to muddy the waters with potential misidentification. This isn't about this case in particular, its about avoiding a bad precedent.

I'm sure they could do some kind of "mother/biological, father/gender" addendum but I have sneaking suspicion thats not what this person wanted.
If they wanted to be reasonable they'd just have said 'fuck it. it's a bit of paper stating a fact. don't care' but they didn't because they wanted a row about how the reality in their head is better than that in everyone else's mundane, boring heads.

Job

We need more words.

Binary descriptors is the issue IMO.
Considering all the things they cant wait to stick their inherent prejudices into under the laughable guise of impartiality, Im amazed they have rejected this.
Isnt his claim perfectly reasonable even to a conservative mind.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh Job, please just stfu.

Edit, I'm not trying to censor your idiotic right wing bullshit, I'm just asking you to stfu. Wouldn't like to upset a snowflake!

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Although this bit did give me a bit of a chuckle. (purely from an Alan Partridge fan)

'The supreme court’s decision marks the end of the road for McConnell’s legal case in the UK but he said he would apply to the European court of human rights in Strasbourg to hear the case. '

Good luck with that mate.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Although this bit did give me a bit of a chuckle. (purely from an Alan Partridge fan)

'The supreme court’s decision marks the end of the road for McConnell’s legal case in the UK but he said he would apply to the European court of human rights in Strasbourg to hear the case. '

Good luck with that mate.
ECHR is not part of the EU.

Although our Vote Leave overlords would like us out of that too once we've left the EU.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Anyway - up the struggle comrades!

Reg: What?
Stan: I want to be a woman. From now on I want you all to call me Loretta.
Reg: What!?
Stan: It's my right as a man.
Judith: Why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
Stan: I want to have babies.
Reg: You want to have babies?!?!?!
Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
Reg: But you can't have babies.
Stan: Don't you oppress me.
Reg: I'm not oppressing you, Stan -- you haven't got a womb. Where's the
fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?
(Stan starts crying.)
Judith: Here! I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually
have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the
Romans', but that he can have the *right* to have babies.
Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to
have babies, brother. Sister, sorry.
Reg: (pissed) What's the *point*?
Francis: What?
Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he
can't have babies?
Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
Reg: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality.

Job

With the progressive march against normality, including the notion of individuality, I would suggest the next real step, assuming womb transplants dont become a thing...would be for a man and woman to merge as one, a sort of next step in the war against gender inequality.
Then them can have a baby and become a farmo parent and both have the baby, one physically having it while the other emotionally has it.

Which sounds a bit batshit, but Im sure if you brought it up in an Oxbridge trans support seminar thered be loads of jazz hands.

Sorry sir..madam..er, one at a time please.
'Them is as one you mergephobic.'

Security guy loses job.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Anyway - up the struggle comrades!

Reg: What?
Stan: I want to be a woman. From now on I want you all to call me Loretta.
Reg: What!?
Stan: It's my right as a man.
Judith: Why do you want to be Loretta, Stan?
Stan: I want to have babies.
Reg: You want to have babies?!?!?!
Stan: It's every man's right to have babies if he wants them.
Reg: But you can't have babies.
Stan: Don't you oppress me.
Reg: I'm not oppressing you, Stan -- you haven't got a womb. Where's the
fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?
(Stan starts crying.)
Judith: Here! I've got an idea. Suppose you agree that he can't actually
have babies, not having a womb, which is nobody's fault, not even the
Romans', but that he can have the *right* to have babies.
Francis: Good idea, Judith. We shall fight the oppressors for your right to
have babies, brother. Sister, sorry.
Reg: (pissed) What's the *point*?
Francis: What?
Reg: What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he
can't have babies?
Francis: It is symbolic of our struggle against oppression.
Reg: It's symbolic of his struggle against reality.

I played that to my nieces, important lesson when you feel your head swivelling slightly.

Edit: shut up @Job you're chatting shit.................................................................................again.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The interests of the child are paramount, not the personal identity choices of its parent. Knowing your biological parentage is useful
All kids know the biological parentage of their parents - they can point a finger and say "it was you".

Whether they call them mum, dad, teapot or penguin on a birth certificate - it doesn't matter. I don't recognise my mum by my birth certificate. Do you?

I've no idea what this person wants - but let them have it eh? It's a crappy meaningless piece of paper that, despite what @dysfunction says isn't "historically useful" - I'd argue it's more historically useful if someone identifies as penguin on a birth certificate because you then immediately understand something about a parent of a child more than the minimum biological necessity.

Meh. I did have a long post to type about this, mainly in response to @Wij - but it does really boil down to it doesn't fucking matter. Let the loonies (if it is, indeed, monty-python loonie (I don't care either way if it is or it isn't - I've yet to see massive harm)) identify how they feel on a few beauracratic documents.

If they love their kids, that's 90% of what matters. Way better than having a fucked up alcoholic "mother" who knows where her twat is and gets it "right" on a certificate - but doesn't give a fuck about her kids.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
All kids know the biological parentage of their parents - they can point a finger and say "it was you".

Whether they call them mum, dad, teapot or penguin on a birth certificate - it doesn't matter. I don't recognise my mum by my birth certificate. Do you?

I've no idea what this person wants - but let them have it eh? It's a crappy meaningless piece of paper that, despite what @dysfunction says isn't "historically useful" - I'd argue it's more historically useful if someone identifies as penguin on a birth certificate because you then immediately understand something about a parent of a child more than the minimum biological necessity.

Meh. I did have a long post to type about this, mainly in response to @Wij - but it does really boil down to it doesn't fucking matter. Let the loonies (if it is, indeed, monty-python loonie (I don't care either way if it is or it isn't - I've yet to see massive harm)) identify how they feel on a few beauracratic documents.

If they love their kids, that's 90% of what matters. Way better than having a fucked up alcoholic "mother" who knows where her twat is and gets it "right" on a certificate - but doesn't give a fuck about her kids.

I don't remember saying anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom