Is this what society has come to?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Interesting, especially the people that were born or later found out that they were the opposite sex.

I found the most interesting thing in the comments however

"it is one thing to give support to those who were not born XX or XY, but another to go into schools and encourage kids who are not confused to be confused."

You meant you found a comment that agrees with you? :p

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Gender studies has been a thing since before you were born.

When I was at Uni in the early 90's all my archaeologist friends did a whole semester understanding gender as opposed to sex as it's critical in understanding non-binary societies (which have been incredibly common throughout history, just as they are today, notwithstanding the epic judaeo-christian hangover the world is experiencing).

I know that fact threatens the likes of you though Bodhi, so have a fluffle and go have a lie down instead of considering such upsetting ideas :fluffle:

I know it's been a joke since before I was born - our uni didn't (and still don't) offer it as a major, what with it being a made up subject and all.

And am I threatened by a very vocal but very small minority suggesting I can't use the word "vagina" any more? Not in the slightest - some amusement is always welcome. Helps you spot a front hole from a bloody mile away as well.

Gwadien

I know it's been a joke since before I was born - our uni didn't (and still don't) offer it as a major, what with it being a made up subject and all.

And am I threatened by a very vocal but very small minority suggesting I can't use the word "vagina" any more? Not in the slightest - some amusement is always welcome. Helps you spot a front hole from a bloody mile away as well.

Gimmie a real life scenario where someone has challenged your use of vagina.

Or are you being offended at people being offended again?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
Yes @BloodOmen, you found the most interesting thing in the comments because you're looking for things that validate your beliefs.

Regardless of that, the science is the science. Gender is fluid and a range, sex is more cleanly defined (but not binary). Period.

I happen to agree with you about facilitating gender reassignment for children but I'm a lay-person and prefer to leave those decisions to experts in that field, rather than judging something I'm not amazingly equipped to judge.

What I do know is that our history, particularly our religious history, has created a culture that makes things very difficult for those who don't fit a binary sexual landscape - and that's a terrible injustice when the science conclusively shows that that is NOT how humans are wired.

Bodhi

Gimmie a real life scenario where someone has challenged your use of vagina.

Or are you being offended at people being offended again?

The wife, last night. However, she was taking the piss.

Offended, no. Amused? Yes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
I know it's been a joke since before I was born.
To people like you, yes.

Some people take it seriously. Which is good. We can't all be interested in everything. Some people like to judge, regardless of whether it's ever affected them in the slightest.

Eg:
The wife, last night. However, she was taking the piss.
Must be a giggle in the Bodhi household, sitting about hating on people different to yourselves, that you never meet...

Bodhi

To people like you, yes.

Some people take it seriously. Which is good. We can't all be interested in everything. Some people like to judge, regardless of whether it's ever affected them in the slightest.

Eg:

Must be a giggle in the Bodhi household, sitting about hating on people different to yourselves, that you never meet...

The irony of @Scouse pointing out that some people like to judge - it burns!

Anyway in the Bodhi household we have some fairly direct experience of this genderqueer nonsense. The wife's sister decided when she was 15 she was Pansexual, which appears to be being attracted to someone no matter their gender.

Or Bisexuality as it used to be known.

Anyway she decided on another couple of before that year was out, and now she is 17 she is...straight, and freely admits it was a fad going through her school at the time. Same story with about 4 of her friends, so forgive us if e remain on the cynical side.

If someone is born the wrong sex and wants to go through the lengthy process to change, then I am fully supportive. Deciding what gender you are when you wake up in the morning? No. I can decide when I wake up in the morning I'm Batman, doesn't make it so.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
in the Bodhi household we have some fairly direct experience of this genderqueer nonsense. The wife's sister decided when she was 15 she was Pansexual, which appears to be being attracted to someone no matter their gender.

Or Bisexuality as it used to be known.

Anyway she decided on another couple of before that year was out, and now she is 17 she is...straight, and freely admits it was a fad going through her school at the time.
Straw man argument.

This discussion isn't about teenagers discovering their sexuality and the confusing fluid time that can be. Aside from the fact that that's nothing new or shocking that pretty much describes every teenage girl ever.

Difference is that today they talk about it freely instead of hiding what they're feeling because of a repressive society.

Pansexual is the correct term though. It takes into account that gender is a range, not binary, like bisexual.

How old is your wife btw, if her sister is 17? :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
You're claiming people aren't ramming such shite down kids throats at schools? it doesn't happen? you sure about that?
What does "ramming shit down kids throats" mean, exactly?

@Gwadien, do you ram gender reassignment down kids throats and generally try to confuse them? Shame on you. BloodOmen is OUTRAGED. :eek:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My step daughter wants to be known as a they. Citing that we force our concepts on everyone.

Not realising that she is doing exactly that forcing everyone to refer to her as they.

I have no issue with anyone doing shizzle. But to get upset if you dont use the ‘proper’ name convention is shit.

Oh and lol @Scouse talking about children when he has stated loads he doesnt understand or want them.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
What does "ramming shit down kids throats" mean, exactly?

@Gwadien, do you ram gender reassignment down kids throats and generally try to confuse them? Shame on you. BloodOmen is OUTRAGED. :eek:

Now you're just being childish and also skipping around what I said, you're claiming that not a single child (your words "Doesn't happen") is influenced by media, social media or other sources that speak about such issues on a regular basis? such things that are now so common, you can't turn around without seeing something about it somewhere? that's what you're claiming right? that not a single child is influenced by it?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
you're claiming that not a single child (your words "Doesn't happen") is influenced by media, social media or other sources that speak about such issues on a regular basis?
No, where did I say not a single child can be influenced by the world they fucking live in.

Only a fucking idiot would think that. You're only jumping there becuase you're raging hard over a news story about a kid you don't know and about circumstances you've admitted you don't understand. Get some perspective.

Schools don't "ram" shit down kids throats. Boo-hoo some child committed suicide - that happens and will always happen - but to go RAWRFUCKINGSCHOOLSRAMMINGSHITDOWNKIDSTHROATS!!!111!11oneleven!! is retarded.

My step daughter wants to be known as a they. Citing that we force our concepts on everyone.

She's a kid, right? Trying out different concepts, right?

So, acting in a completely normal fashion for a kid.

None of the above makes the scientific facts about gender and sex incorrect. It's all just a) the overreaction of Blood to a tragic suicide and b) the overreaction of you to a kid being a kid.

As an aside, society does force it's concepts on everyone. We're going to go through a bit of reorganisation as we throw off the shackles of our religious history and get shut of our outdated, and scientifically incorrect, views regarding gender. If it takes old people and their views dying off over a few generations then so be it.

I don't understand why people get so worked up about this stuff. It doesn't affect you. Nothing to see here...

Gwadien

Now you're just being childish and also skipping around what I said, you're claiming that not a single child (your words "Doesn't happen") is influenced by media, social media or other sources that speak about such issues on a regular basis? such things that are now so common, you can't turn around without seeing something about it somewhere? that's what you're claiming right? that not a single child is influenced by it?

Schools don't really talk about sexuality, it really has nothing to do with schools, it just teaches people not to hate people for being different.

Again, you're suggesting that we somehow influence kids to be gay.

As for the Bisexual shit that @Bodhi was talking about yeah - bang on, it does happen.

However there are people that are actually bisexual, you want them to stop being open because of some people taking advantage.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
No, where did I say not a single child can be influenced by the world they fucking live in.

Only a fucking idiot would think that.

"it is one thing to give support to those who were not born XX or XY, but another to go into schools and encourage kids who are not confused to be confused."

Yes it is. It doesn't happen.

You're outraged by a thing that isn't happening.

I'm not even going to bother googling it for you, feel free to do so, you might learn just what's being presurred at schools these days by various groups and organizations.

Gwadien

I'm not even going to bother googling it for you, feel free to do so, you might learn just what's being presurred at schools these days by various groups and organizations.

In my experience bullying comes from 3 things;

Bullying

Jealously

Fear/No understanding.

Schools try to eliminate the last one by educating children on ALL things kids can get bullied for as a way to help sort it out.

You aren't seriously suggesting that your child will think they're gay because they're taught about gay people, right?

Holy fuck I hope none of your children come out.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Only a fucking idiot would think that. You're only jumping there becuase you're raging hard over a news story about a kid you don't know and about circumstances you've admitted you don't understand. Get some perspective.

Schools don't "ram" shit down kids throats. Boo-hoo some child committed suicide - that happens and will always happen - but to go RAWRFUCKINGSCHOOLSRAMMINGSHITDOWNKIDSTHROATS!!!111!11oneleven!! is retarded.

She's a kid, right? Trying out different concepts, right?

So, acting in a completely normal fashion for a kid.

None of the above makes the scientific facts about gender and sex incorrect. It's all just a) the overreaction of Blood to a tragic suicide and b) the overreaction of you to a kid being a kid.

As an aside, society does force it's concepts on everyone. We're going to go through a bit of reorganisation as we throw off the shackles of our religious history and get shut of our outdated, and scientifically incorrect, views regarding gender. If it takes old people and their views dying off over a few generations then so be it.

I don't understand why people get so worked up about this stuff. It doesn't affect you. Nothing to see here...
She is 24 now lol.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
aren't seriously suggesting that your child will think they're gay because they're taught about gay people, right?

I'm not saying that at all. As for my kids, they're none of your business.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
TBF the kid in the news story isn’t yours either... *shrug*

As much as I want to agree with you, you could use that logic about literally any news story making it no ones business so lets not start up a different argument, eh? my kids are not the subject of this thread and I would appreciate it if people didn't use them as examples.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
It’s a valid point - it’s amazing what people get outraged about yet suddenly change their tune when it’s their own kids which is what I think Gwadien is trying to say.

Gwadien

I'm not even talking about your kids, I'm talking about you and your views and the impact that they can have to your hypothetical children.

If anything you're kind of proving my point by not wanting to engage in a conversation where you're both BloodOmen and Dad.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
A lot of different issues here but what does get my goat are the new wave of ultra-trans-rights people who shout women down for daring to refer to themselves as women rather than 'cis-women'. Apparently that is transphobic against trans-women (I.E. men).

And when they say that Lesbians are transphobic because they don't want to date transwomen purely because they happen to have cocks.

That's not trans rights. That's just men being mysogynistic :/

Gwadien

A lot of different issues here but what does get my goat are the new wave of ultra-trans-rights people who shout women down for daring to refer to themselves as women rather than 'cis-women'. Apparently that is transphobic against trans-women (I.E. men).

And when they say that Lesbians are transphobic because they don't want to date transwomen purely because they happen to have cocks.

That's not trans rights. That's just men being mysogynistic :/

Who ever ever ever ever ever ever has been in a situation where they're like 'nah, I don't like you because you're black/white/brown/orange/woman/man/etc etc etc.

Unless said person is out to try and get a response.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It’s a valid point - it’s amazing what people get outraged about yet suddenly change their tune when it’s their own kids which is what I think Gwadien is trying to say.

And yet he could have stopped before he typed the last part

Holy fuck I hope none of your children come out.

Just had to have that little personal dig, couldn't help himself.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Who ever ever ever ever ever ever has been in a situation where they're like 'nah, I don't like you because you're black/white/brown/orange/woman/man/etc etc etc.

Unless said person is out to try and get a response.
It happens to Lesbians all the time. Some bloke sets up a Tinder profile as a woman then cries on Twitter when the lesbian he is trying to date rejects him even though he's wearing a dress and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom