Is this what society has come to?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
A “tier 2” hate speech comment could include calling a person “stupid,” “ugly,” or even “fraud,” if it was determined that the comment had been made on the basis of a “protected characteristic” like race, religion, or sexual orientation. Meanwhile “tier 3” consists of “calls to exclude or segregate a person” based on their presumed stupidity, ugliness, fraudulence, and so on.

Job

Lol..thats Facebooks leaked hate speech protocol.
In black and white it calls for stupid people to be protected from discrimination based upon their alleged stupidity.

You think these new pseudo laws are just invented and only to exist in cyberspace?

Job

Scotland seems to be a world leader on blocking free speech.

This video shows the teacher just quite simply shitting all over the truth and free speech to ensure the 'correct' thoughts are expressed.
Seriously..where are we going.

View: https://youtu.be/RRyj-SZgMpc

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Scotland seems to be a world leader on blocking free speech.

This video shows the teacher just quite simply shitting all over the truth and free speech to ensure the 'correct' thoughts are expressed.
Seriously..where are we going.

View: https://youtu.be/RRyj-SZgMpc

I mean in North Korea you'll get shot if you criticise Kim's shoes.

But yeah, I absolutely agree, schools are way too inclusive for students these days.

Should bring back paki bashing too, it builds character.

Do you genuinely believe that absolute freedom of speech should be a thing in school; so for example do you think it would be right for a kid to lay into a gay kid infront of all the other kids, because of his 'freedom of speech' allows him to?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

But yeah, I absolutely agree, schools are way too inclusive for students these days.

Do you genuinely believe that absolute freedom of speech should be a thing in school; so for example do you think it would be right for a kid to lay into a gay kid infront of all the other kids, because of his 'freedom of speech' allows him to?

The kid didn't sound like he was laying into anybody, he was questioning a viewpoint, and not unreasonably.

The biggest irony is that teacher probably agrees with him in private.

Job

Thats it..thats our society now.

Excluded from the room for expressing the truth that doesnt fit in with liberal dogma.
The fucking insanity of it....the Spanish inquisition alive and well in the western world 2019.

Job

If the kid spouted off that gay people dont exist then yes he would be an obnoxious twat with a clearly incorrect opinion.
Pointing out there are only two genders is the truth...in the same way pointing out that 1+1=2.
Yes you could use existential arguments and multidimensional theories to prove it doesnt have to be.
But at what point can we call any absolute if the libs are using doublethink to ingrain their agenda.

Gwadien

I genuinely don't see the difference.

The only thing on the teachers mind would be if there's a trans kid sat in my lesson whilst there's this kid telling them that they don't exist, it's going to cause lots of problems, so lets remove the problem from the room.

DaGaffer

I genuinely don't see the difference.

The only thing on the teachers mind would be if there's a trans kid sat in my lesson whilst there's this kid telling them that they don't exist, it's going to cause lots of problems, so lets remove the problem from the room.

So feelings first, truth second. Good to know.

Gwadien

So feelings first, truth second. Good to know.

All Muslims are suicide bombers, that's 'truth' to some, so should that be debated in schools?

I mean the core principle of a school is that all kids can come and feel safe and the school should do everything they can to make it as inclusive as possible.

I know this is absolutely against the principles of the alt-right, but I'd rather limit freedom of speech in school and have less kids topping their selves off/skipping school.

Don't forget that schools train kids for the workplace, I highly doubt you'd start debating whether there was only 2 genders at your place of work.

I don't understand why we want to move back to a pre-ww2 society where we're not accepting of everyone, just because you can't accept a concept that has no impact in your life and no impact to the life of that kid in the video.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd rather limit freedom of speech in school and have less kids topping their selves off/skipping school.
All you do is push the problem out of school, whereas if anything is fair game as a teacher you get to reframe the terms of reference and debate them in a manner where your authority has bearing.

Either way - protecting kids from suicide - of which 56 girls and 121 boys killed themselves across all of England and Wales - is no sort of reason to leave their minds unexposed to stuff that they will definitely come across in later life.

Unexposed is unprepared. As you well know as a teacher what kids learn in school is vital to prepare themselves for the rest of their lives. Having them "safer" as kids does a disservice to them (and the rest of society) for however long they manage to exist.

Gwadien

All you do is push the problem out of school, whereas if anything is fair game as a teacher you get to reframe the terms of reference and debate them in a manner where your authority has bearing.

Either way - protecting kids from suicide - of which 56 girls and 121 boys killed themselves across all of England and Wales - is no sort of reason to leave their minds unexposed to stuff that they will definitely come across in later life.

Unexposed is unprepared. As you well know as a teacher what kids learn in school is vital to prepare themselves for the rest of their lives. Having them "safer" as kids does a disservice to them (and the rest of society) for however long they manage to exist.

Then the kid doesn't go to school, the kid misses out on an education because of another kid wants to express their opinion on matters which has no impact in their lives.

I just find it funny that older generations hated school because it wasn't accommodating and a positive environment, but we need to go back to that for some reason?

Job

The new Topgear.
Obviously.

5129.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Then the kid doesn't go to school, the kid misses out on an education because of another kid wants to express their opinion on matters which has no impact in their lives.

I just find it funny that older generations hated school because it wasn't accommodating and a positive environment, but we need to go back to that for some reason?
Of course the kid still goes to school. They don't just get to stop turning up. That's a load of rubbish.

What they would get would be an actual education - i.e. preparing them for life (not just for work).

They're going to get a lot of shit outside of school - so the more that they can be prepared for/exposed to in school - having the benefit of teachers on-hand to show why idiotic and uncaring ideas are idiotic and uncaring ideas and to put a stop to actual abuse - the better.

School is the exact correct place for free and unfettered speech.

If you don't have that at school you give rise to the absolute shitshow we're seeing develop today.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The new Topgear.
Obviously.
Good on 'em. They presented to the cars to the sultan of brunai - who's just signed off on laws that make homosexuality and adultery punishable by stoning.

Do you like that law @Job? Do you think Brunai is correct?

Gwadien

Of course the kid still goes to school. They don't just get to stop turning up. That's a load of rubbish.

Shows how little you know about school, most kids that get bullied just stop turning up to school

What they would get would be an actual education - i.e. preparing them for life (not just for work).

They're going to get a lot of shit outside of school - so the more that they can be prepared for/exposed to in school - having the benefit of teachers on-hand to show why idiotic and uncaring ideas are idiotic and uncaring ideas and to put a stop to actual abuse - the better.

School is the exact correct place for free and unfettered speech.

If you don't have that at school you give rise to the absolute shitshow we're seeing develop today.

So if you're game for a kid to tell everyone that muslims are suicide bombers, and the teacher shouldn't shut them down and tell them they can't say things like that because they're not factually correct and clearly has been said to cause offence.

What would have happened if you challenged a teacher when you were at school? board rubber thrown at your head?

You're pandering to people like Job who want to cause offence.

Does that also mean that you're happy for a Muslim school to teach kids that gays are going to burn in hellfire? They're only expressing their views, no acting upon it.

I mean, I bet your grand parents were probably appalled that schools were getting involved into society and teaching people stuff like maybe black people are equal right people, and that it's okay to be gay.

But sure, on behalf of teachers nationwide, I do apologise for trying to make a future generation of kids that don't discriminate on any basis.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The kid didn't sound like he was laying into anybody, he was questioning a viewpoint, and not unreasonably.

The biggest irony is that teacher probably agrees with him in private.
If he'd just said sex instead of gender then the whole thing is undeniable. Gender just confuses the issue. There are two sexes. No one is 'assigned a gender at birth'. Doctors observe and record their sex.

The problem is caused by trying to replace sex-based rights with gender-based ones.

Job

Good on 'em. They presented to the cars to the sultan of brunai - who's just signed off on laws that make homosexuality and adultery punishable by stoning.

I knew youd look up the full article and spoil my fun.

Job

Shows how little you know about school, most kids that get bullied just stop turning up to school

So if you're game for a kid to tell everyone that muslims are suicide bombers, and the teacher shouldn't shut them down and tell them they can't say things like that because they're not factually correct and clearly has been said to cause offence.

What would have happened if you challenged a teacher when you were at school? board rubber thrown at your head?

You're pandering to people like Job who want to cause offence.

Does that also mean that you're happy for a Muslim school to teach kids that gays are going to burn in hellfire? They're only expressing their views, no acting upon it.

I mean, I bet your grand parents were probably appalled that schools were getting involved into society and teaching people stuff like maybe black people are equal right people, and that it's okay to be gay.

But sure, on behalf of teachers nationwide, I do apologise for trying to make a future generation of kids that don't discriminate on any basis.
And these are the people 'teaching' our kids..its on par with bible studies in a catholic school.

As Gwad actually is a teacher I appreciate he wouldnt be in a position anyway to agree that its a bit silly because it quite realistically could get him sacked if this forum was sent to his education board.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Rubbish. Got bullied incessantly, didn't have a choice turning up.

My sister is wag officer for toxteth and speke in Liverpool - turns up at the houses of the most disadvantaged children in the country and, invariably, it's the parents that are fucking their kids up, not the fact that they're getting bullied at school.

So if you're game for a kid to tell everyone that muslims are suicide bombers, and the teacher shouldn't shut them down and tell them they can't say things like that because they're not factually correct
What did I say in my post above? That the kids should be encouraged to say what they think without fear of reprecussions - as it opens up debate in one of the safest spaces available.

So whilst I disagree with "shut them down" (pick your language more carefully) - I presume you mean say "show them the error of their ways".

and clearly has been said to cause offence.
If a kid is trying to upset people, clearly trying to upset people, then a) that's nice and obvious, and b) is a great tool to show the other kids that people like that exist and they're not going away even when they're adults (people like Job) - and that there are ways and means of responding to them.

I don't think you know what freedom of speech actually means @Gwadien. It doesn't mean you can't do anything about people who talk shite. But we definitely shouldn't be forbidding them to do so (or criminalising those who choose, in the face of all evidence, to do so).

People who talk shit open up the opportunity to talk about why they're full of shit.

I think we're pretty much on the same page. But it looks like you're confusing "freedom of speech" with "school discipline"...

DaGaffer

Still feelings not facts. Self-identification is not an objective truth.

The kid is disagreeing with a policy choice not science.

As for @Gwadien and his horseshit whataboutery; some people might indeed think "all Muslims are terrorists" and that too would be an incorrect opinion and should be shot down as such, on the basis of its provable fallaciousness, not because someone decided it was policy not to discuss it.

Job

Very concerning language and logic from Gwad.
Upsetting people with the truth in a place of education.

Of course we all know this approach..the church have been doing it for thousands of years...and here we are reintroducing it...including attacking non believers.

The liberals as well..what on Earth has happened to them?

Job

Hes being a bit patronising really after spending half the vid bigging her? Up.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

It's a Muslim country abiding by Sharia Law. Same laws extend to any Sharia abiding country however it is often not enforced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom