Advice Is this any good?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
get them to throw in another 8GB ram and the 16yo will be even happier :)

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
Perhaps buy a sleeve for those days when its got to go into school/college - my daughter's laptop got very scratched from being in her school bag.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089BJXX8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_t1_eRl-FbWF00HCA

It’s for a 16-year-old to do his school/college work on, any good?

Ta

Not being funny here; but you are Edmond so you are well-educated on these things anyway. So, here we go: the laptop will NOT mainly be used for school/college work if he's a 16 year old lad.

So, for pr0n, the MacBook Air gives you a better screen and better sounds. Also it is lighter and cooler on the legs when your pants are down.

Do the right thing.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not being funny here; but you are Edmond so you are well-educated on these things anyway. So, here we go: the laptop will NOT mainly be used for school/college work if he's a 16 year old lad.

So, for pr0n, the MacBook Air gives you a better screen and better sounds. Also it is lighter and cooler on the legs when your pants are down.

Do the right thing.
Sorry. Forgot to mention the much longer battery life for those long sessions.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Yes but will a Mac book be hot enough to cauterise the circumcision you just did via the cooler fan...I think not.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yes but will a Mac book be hot enough to cauterise the circumcision you just did via the cooler fan...I think not.
The fact it has no fan renders this moot. Another bonus for the onanists.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
PC Users are just jealous their 7+ year old PC's:

1. Arnt running any more
2. Don't come with airbags like the MBP's

:p

/me looks down at PC built in 2008, still whirring away.

Think I disagree with you there. Mostly because MacOS makes the baby Jesus cry.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
/me looks down at PC built in 2008, still whirring away.

Think I disagree with you there. Mostly because MacOS makes the baby Jesus cry.

Cool, what OS is it running?, what spec is that sucker?.

I have a handful of machines around here, the oldest that seems to run with a win10 build is around 7/8 years and its not pretty.

At least a small kitten isnt killed every time a Celeron laptop is sold to a windows user that wont last 5 months.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

I have a handful of machines around here, the oldest that seems to run with a win10 build is around 7/8 years and its not pretty.

At least a small kitten isnt killed every time a Celeron laptop is sold to a windows user that wont last 5 months.
Some of the laptops sold today are criminal. Still coming with 4gb ram to start with before anything else.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

It's a Phenom X4 Black Edition with 8Gb and a fairly recently added SSD. Oh, and a Radeon 5850 (remember them?).

Games won't run for toffee, but normal office stuff on Windows 10 is absolutely fine, similar to my works XPS 13 in fact.

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
It's a Phenom X4 Black Edition with 8Gb and a fairly recently added SSD. Oh, and a Radeon 5850 (remember them?).

Games won't run for toffee, but normal office stuff on Windows 10 is absolutely fine, similar to my works XPS 13 in fact.

I have a 13 year old Dell XPS410 4Mb RAM running Windows 10 - I use it to play my ripped blue rays from my NAS - works fine - mind, it had a new graphics card and PSU.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker

Nice, I felt the same way about my first Mac Book unibody pro, still sold it though as I wanted the latest and greatest like a normal techie. Alas, it was the beginning of the end of upgradable Macbooks

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have a ~15 year old work station that runs win 10, which I threw in graphics card to create a media centre, defunct now, but I imagine it still works.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
PC Users are just jealous their 7+ year old PC's
Mac users are jealous that they can't keep something for more than a year or they'll not be part of the clique anymore... case in point
Nice, I felt the same way about my first Mac Book unibody pro, still sold it though as I wanted the latest and greatest like a normal techie. Alas, it was the beginning of the end of upgradable Macbooks

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Mac users are jealous that they can't keep something for more than a year or they'll not be part of the clique anymore... case in point

Alas, couldn't be further from the truth.

My main Mac is a 2013 Mac Pro and still going strong, likewise, before that my 2009 Mac Pro saw me through until I replaced it with the 2013 model.

I still have more PC"s than Macs and spent more on my latest PC than all my macs put together, thats why I said techie.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Alas, couldn't be further from the truth.

My main Mac is a 2013 Mac Pro and still going strong, likewise, before that my 2009 Mac Pro saw me through until I replaced it with the 2013 model.

I still have more PC"s than Macs and spent more on my latest PC than all my macs put together, thats why I said techie.
2009... I call upon @Wij to shun you with the power of his M1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom