Advice Is this any good?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I'm starting to sound like Job.

This was the catalyst:
Moriath said: "but i could find a 12 year old pc that was made of quality parts at the time that would be able to do what yr mac does for similar diminutive price."

Run Facetime was my response - which should have been the end of it because it can't do it.

Yet this discussion had continued to run and run.

View attachment 43617
My pc would be able to video call. I didnt say run the exact same software package.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
You're missing the point though, you said you could make an old PC do what a Mac could. The answer to that is quite simply that it cannot. It matters not that its proprietary sometimes that why people use and continue to use Mac's with MacOS. The Facetime app is the easiest way to end that point.

It doesnt matter whether facetime is consumer focused or otherwise, PC's can't run it. End of story.
When ishiney things dominated the phone market that probably was a good argument. Android is now larger with over 51% of the global market and growing.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
My pc would be able to video call. I didnt say run the exact same software package.

It probably could actually if you wanted to go down the Hackintosh route.

I find it a lot easier to tell the disciples of the shiny that I know to use something cross-platform like Hangouts however, which my PC from 2008 is running fine. Can't do the background blur stuff, and CPU usage is in the 80's throughout, but it bloody does it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom