Is sending them to 'coventry' the only way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
You are fortunately mistaken, Gorbmate! :>

So your parents wont mind if i sleep in your bed at new years eve? :(

/who muffeli in i50 sleezm8 !

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
I gotta say this tho, you guys have some wicked parents! Theres no way i would ever ask my parents something like that, when its so obvious whats really going to happen :m00:

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Gorbachioo said:
So your parents wont mind if i sleep in your bed at new years eve? :(

/who muffeli in i50 sleezm8 !
/what realm?!

/who nynaeve (and variants) on Hibernia! :D

And olol, I don't have a bed atm. So goodluck sleeping in it :D

Everz

FH is my second home
Congax said:
/what realm?!

givf/guild grp for my menta tbh :mad:

uron

Loyal Freddie
well i can see exactly wat ur parents are thinking, and tbh its their decission in the end, but i wouldnt go behind their backs and have her round neway. my parents let me have my ex over wenever i wanted (17 now, was 16 thn) and do as we liked :p jus try to explain tht there wont be nething going on (even if there will) adn tht they should be able to trust u and that u are responsible. but sulking will get u nowhere, go and tlk to em instead.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Congax said:
/what realm?!

all realms!

and wtf? no bed? you batman or something? COWMAN!??! :(

explain.

Nate

FH is my second home
Congax said:
I am whatever you want me to be, dirty Nate ;)

<covers Condomemogullablegax in a cloak and takes him home> you will be my twelvtyeth friend!

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Gorbachioo said:
all realms!

and wtf? no bed? you batman or something? COWMAN!??! :(

explain.
redoing rooms in the house etc, basically threw away all furniture and I'm stuck sleeping on the couch :D

And Nate, ur le dirty =/

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
the elders are right bugz, you should act like an adult, most parents wouldn't except that kinda of thing to start off with... though essentially you've fucked yourself(not literally)... now you've made a scene theres no way in hell they will agree to your terms

i assume you kept your gf secret until now(ish), also i assume you have only been going 'out' with her for no longer than a month, i also assume you act very childish around your parents(no offence)
if she came over to your house regally and you parents at least got to know her a little im sure they would have no problem, though the 'part-ay' puts a spanner in the works... they probably want you to goto the party with them, parents are stubborn like that(or at least mine are, until i broke them in now i can do whatever the fuck i want)
also, they probably dont trust you to behave, tell me have they ever left you home alone when they went on holiday? or for a day&night+ period? probably not
though this is all theory

i new a young couple a few years ago one was 14ish and the other 16ish(they dated for like 3 years), they went everywhere with each other and there parents trusted them, and unless you have that kind of trust theres little chance you will ever get your way(tbh i think i was one of the reasons they split, but wont go into that)

that said the best advise i can give you is be more Machiavellian(manipulative)
never do anything without considering the consequences and plan weeks ahead, getting your plan into action... once you master this you can do anything you want, in a few weeks(i wont give away my secrets cause everyone is unique, like there parenting style)
though, this was inevitably the start of my corruption, i call it the stealthy brat

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
the elders are right bugz, you should act like an adult, most parents wouldn't except that kinda of thing to start off with... though essentially you've fucked yourself(not literally)... now you've made a scene theres no way in hell they will agree to your terms

i assume you kept your gf secret until now(ish), also i assume you have only been going 'out' with her for no longer than a month, i also assume you act very childish around your parents(no offence)
if she came over to your house regally and you parents at least got to know her a little im sure they would have no problem, though the 'part-ay' puts a spanner in the works... they probably want you to goto the party with them, parents are stubborn like that(or at least mine are, until i broke them in now i can do whatever the fuck i want)
also, they probably dont trust you to behave, tell me have they ever left you home alone when they went on holiday? or for a day&night+ period? probably not
though this is all theory

That's the thing.

It's been nearly 10 months, they've met numerous times and to be honest, me and the parents don't have much of a relationship, so offence is possible to be taken :)

I'm more of a 'on my own' person. As soon as i'm able to become independant, I will take it and not look back at all. Maybe this is part of the problem...

The home alone thing isn't a problem. I've babysitted my sister till the early hours of the mroning and I've stayed at home for a night or two when they drift off somewhere.

It seems to me that the problem I have is they simply do not understand that i'm in a serious relationship. Because they are so stubbornly hard to talk to, I'll have to just wait & hope.

The good news is however, I will be sleeping round the gf's house on the saturday night (her dad is such a ledgend). It isn't the same as seeing the new year in together...but we'll manage.

Thanks for the advice all :) I appreciate it.

Tilda

Do they acknoledge her as your gf? Have you had a propper "meet the parents" meal type thing?

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
That's the thing.

It's been nearly 10 months, they've met numerous times and to be honest, me and the parents don't have much of a relationship, so offence is possible to be taken :)

I'm more of a 'on my own' person. As soon as i'm able to become independant, I will take it and not look back at all. Maybe this is part of the problem...

The home alone thing isn't a problem. I've babysitted my sister till the early hours of the mroning and I've stayed at home for a night or two when they drift off somewhere.

It seems to me that the problem I have is they simply do not understand that i'm in a serious relationship. Because they are so stubbornly hard to talk to, I'll have to just wait & hope.

The good news is however, I will be sleeping round the gf's house on the saturday night (her dad is such a ledgend). It isn't the same as seeing the new year in together...but we'll manage.

Thanks for the advice all :) I appreciate it.

well there you go then, the only reason you cant have her over is cause they beet you to it, ie they organized a party before you asked

its gonna end in tears:(

Tilda

Its ok Gamah, my parents said you were really nice.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Tilda said:
Do they acknoledge her as your gf? Have you had a propper "meet the parents" meal type thing?
what where he knocks over her grandmas ashes and lets the cat crap in them?

dont do it dude the plan will be doomed for sure!!!

rofl b2 had to trick me in to meeting his folks, said we were going off for a romantic mini break and only told me we were going to meet his folks when we were about 4 streets away from their house the bastard!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Bugz said:
It seems to me that the problem I have is they simply do not understand that i'm in a serious relationship.

they probably wont believe it because you go about locking your self in a room with loads of chocolate and your own fridge. im guessing youve done this some other time along the line.

btw at 16 you can have your own independance if you want it as much as you make out. you simply leave your parents, register it with some government agency and live on your own with all the money that paper round rakes in for you.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Their house, their rules.. if you dont like it, move out.
You are still a kid and they probably think you are too young to make such decisions (and judging by your actions they are spot on :p)

Either get a hotel room or get over it tbh

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
they probably wont believe it because you go about locking your self in a room with loads of chocolate and your own fridge. im guessing youve done this some other time along the line.

btw at 16 you can have your own independance if you want it as much as you make out. you simply leave your parents, register it with some government agency and live on your own with all the money that paper round rakes in for you.

Do you have a vendetta against me? Oo

But FYI, this is my first serious relationship and yes, i'm aware about my independance rights but doing that will mean I can't be a filthy-rich son of a bitch when i'm older :p

Tilda

When bugz grows up, ima gonna train him up good!

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Bugz said:
Right...

I want my gf to stay over for New Years Eve. I have a double bed, a huge room, my own fridge etc. so there'd be no issues and my family are fucking off to a part-ay anyway. So seems a fair trade off to me.

Only it was a direct 'no, she can't.'

We can't see around her house because I have a paper round in the morning (which I'd do if we stayed at my house - yes, yes, sucks2beme).

To try to put a protest in, I've gone commando and have basically shut myself in my room with a lot of choclate and stopped any communication with them what-so-ever.

I have tried telling them that all we want to do is spend the night together but my mum seems to think we'll be 'at it all night.' It's really starting to annoy me as I ask for fuck all during the year (never once did I get money during the year minus x-mas/bda) and often I get the old 'you need more responsibility' speech. Surely this is responsibility? I also got the 'you need to give us some respect' speech which is a bit contradictive considering they don't respect me enough to let me have one thing during the whole of 2006...

Sorry for the mini-rant but yeah, i'm annoyed big time.

Main question is ofcourse - what other ways can I go about getting my message across? Note: Reasoning doesn't work very well... :(
Get your own flat.. presume your 16? IMO your parents seem very over protecting .. "are you an only child?" or the youngest?

Maybe if u tell em your moving out to a flat.. because u wanna have your own space without sum1 treating you "like a 5 yr old" then MAYBE that might shock them into realising u are growing up.. and that they need to give u a bit more freedom and responsibility.. if it backfires and they still dont let her stay.. fuck it. move out anyways. then u can have her at your place anytime.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
[HB]Jpeg said:
Get your own flat.. presume your 16? IMO your parents seem very over protecting .. "are you an only child?" or the youngest?

Maybe if u tell em your moving out to a flat.. because u wanna have your own space without sum1 treating you "like a 5 yr old" then MAYBE that might shock them into realising u are growing up.. and that they need to give u a bit more freedom and responsibility.. if it backfires and they still dont let her stay.. fuck it. move out anyways. then u can have her at your place anytime.

while thats a good idea once you own property, you are no longer a child and you loose your childhood... and from that day on your have to work till you retire... i was going to do the same thing till i realized this, but im 18 on the 31st, and i have to get a stinking job:(
also, most parents would take that as an empty threat, or as a tantrum...
iether way its not very practical

Chronictank

FH is my second home
psyco said:
once you own property, you are no longer a child and you loose your childhood... and from that day on your have to work till you retire...
Qft

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
just have a talk with them an tell them your old enough to have sex with your gf an they should stop being so overprocting an if that wont work just tell them your gonna sex0r some where else if you cant do it in your own room.

Thank god i got cool parrents when it comes to sex :p only thing my dad said when i had my first girl over was if i fuckt her :p think i was 15 or 16..

elbeek

Part of the furniture
Your first serious relationship? My guess is they will drop next but who really knows!

On a more serious note, do you really think that behaving like a 12 yr old girl will really convince them that you are mature enough to even look at a vagina let alone interact with it. You appear to be as petulant in rl as you are on these boards so my tip to you is..."GROW THE FUCK UP".

WiiWii

Loyal Freddie
elbeek said:
Your first serious relationship? My guess is they will drop next but who really knows!

On a more serious note, do you really think that behaving like a 12 yr old girl will really convince them that you are mature enough to even look at a vagina let alone interact with it. You appear to be as petulant in rl as you are on these boards so my tip to you is..."GROW THE FUCK UP".

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to elbeek again :(
here have a cookie instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom