Is sending them to 'coventry' the only way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Right...

I want my gf to stay over for New Years Eve. I have a double bed, a huge room, my own fridge etc. so there'd be no issues and my family are fucking off to a part-ay anyway. So seems a fair trade off to me.

Only it was a direct 'no, she can't.'

We can't see around her house because I have a paper round in the morning (which I'd do if we stayed at my house - yes, yes, sucks2beme).

To try to put a protest in, I've gone commando and have basically shut myself in my room with a lot of choclate and stopped any communication with them what-so-ever.

I have tried telling them that all we want to do is spend the night together but my mum seems to think we'll be 'at it all night.' It's really starting to annoy me as I ask for fuck all during the year (never once did I get money during the year minus x-mas/bda) and often I get the old 'you need more responsibility' speech. Surely this is responsibility? I also got the 'you need to give us some respect' speech which is a bit contradictive considering they don't respect me enough to let me have one thing during the whole of 2006...

Sorry for the mini-rant but yeah, i'm annoyed big time.

Main question is ofcourse - what other ways can I go about getting my message across? Note: Reasoning doesn't work very well... :(

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
sorry but... lol. You shouldn't have told them in the first place and just got her round. Also paper round on new years day? Do they print papers then?

Tilda

Reasoning will work better than being petulant.

Can she invite you to hers?
Can you say, go out to a party or something and then say to your parents, can she come over cause she lives too far away and didn't want to walk home on her own or something?
They'll be far more inclined to let her come over if you act like an adult and find a reason for her to come over, rather than just "because I want to!"
If you cant think of a reason why she should come to yours rather than go home, either go to hers, or have a chat with them, explain she is your gf and that it dosn't create a good impression of your family for them to not allow to let her stay over, and that you had the respect to ask them if she could come over, rather than just inviting her, and so that should count for you.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
tbh acting like a child and sulking is only proving them right i'm afraid. There is nothing to be gained by acting in a strop

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
rofl. you want to be treat like an adult but then you lock your self in a room. well played, good game, etc.

i will give you a tip or two -

adults reason with each other without raising their voice or turning to petty actions.

maybe your parents are different though. at 16 my mam and dad would never even think about not letting me have someone over.

maybe my parents just rox :(

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I asked for suggestions - those will can't suggest please leave via. the nearest window :m00:

And it's hardly locking myself in a room to sulk. If I can't have my gf round then fuck off am I going to a part-ay.

Btw, the commando bit is aimed at the part-ay to come. I intend to shut myself in my room and not go to ze part-ay!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Bugz said:
Btw, the commando bit is aimed at the part-ay to come. I intend to shut myself in my room and not go to ze part-ay!

that will be a leet new year. locked in your room because you cant get your own way.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
adults reason with each other without raising their voice or turning to petty actions.

That's the intial problem.

They won't let me argue my case or whatever. It's just a simple 'no,' whatever I say.

If arguing doesn't work, then ofcourse, out of pure 'omg what do i do' - i decide to stoop to the next level...

:(

tris- said:
that will be a leet new year. locked in your room because you cant get your own way.

Better than going to a part-ay and pretending i'm enjoying myself with my parents who treat me like a 5 y/o kid =/

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
The best thing you have done is to tell them about it, shows your thinking of them (parents love it)

Have you tried saying you'll sleep on the floor, start saying your going to buy a sleeping bag or some stuff to sleep on floor. Say you'll even sleep on the living room floor to start with, if it makes them feel better. Try not to get them together and work on the whilst they are alone

Good look with getting her to sleep over!

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
guess its luck of the draw to a large extent, my parents for example wuldnt mind if i had a girl over after goin out with her, aslong as we just respected the rules. Sure i culd go at it all night, as long as u dont wake em up in the process, they should know that u wuld show respect and such stuff.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
[NO]Subedai said:
guess its luck of the draw to a large extent, my parents for example wuldnt mind if i had a girl over after goin out with her, aslong as we just respected the rules. Sure i culd go at it all night, as long as u dont wake em up in the process, they should know that u wuld show respect and such stuff.

Can I adopt your parents please? :/

Heck, I don't even want to 'be at it all night.'

Just want to see the New Year in with my gf...

Nate

FH is my second home
why not take your gf to the party? get plastered and embarrass them infront of everyone they like ;) it's what a parent would do

Gamah

Banned
I agree, wipe your tears..locking yourself in a room is a 14 year olds way to solve problems. If you want to be an treated like an adult then come out of your room and reason with them not sulk because you didn't get your own way.

If you think your rents will change thier mind 'cos you're ignoring them then you are sorely mistaken.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
I gues the 1st question is, what age are you? (paper-round "sounds like" under legal age to have sex), therefore parents quite right to say "no".

Not saying you WOULD have sex if she came round, but certainly sounds like thats what you're aiming to achieve....

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Bugs matey (gotta say i thought you ment you were forsaking wearing under crackers when you said you were going commando lol) some times you can reason with parents and sometimes you cant, only you know what your folks are like however ill try and help a bit if i can.

your main desire this new year is to be with your gf, just be with her right? not be doing the jr beast with two backs and kung fu grip yes? so if you just want to be with her and your folks are going to a party ask if your gf can go to te party with you as sugested by someone else, also if she lives too far away to go home after the party how about asking if she can stay in your room and you stay on the sofa when you get home? (or if you got bros or sisters one of you bunk with them?

Now for suggestion 2.

If the folks will not budge and absoloutely will not allow you to spend the night with her, go to bed early.

no im not mad, stop looking at me like that!! listen to this idea.. you and yur gf wont be able to see the clock tick over from 23:59 to 00:00 but you could (if yu can bear it) get up early (you got a paper round that morning any hoo right so you gotta be up anyway) and make a picnic breakfast and go watch the sun rise together? it will be private and special and you wont have your parents breathing down your little necks (and tbh being at a party will prolly suck cos al the old farts will be looking at both of you and going Awww Bless all the time). doesnt matter where you do it either because the sun rises at what 6:30 7am this time of year? so everyone will be asleep and you can be in her garden or the park whatever and afaik no parent has ever set a rule about their offspring being banned from waking up and going on an early morning stroll.

Aaaany hoo whatever you decide i hope it works for you, just remember theres more than one way to skin a llama.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
my parents never let girls stay over when i was 16 either i knew it was a wasted and pointless arguement. I had to join the army, be in a serious relationship before i had my gf stay over. Even then my mum tried to get me to share with my bro when we went visiting. My dad told her to be quiet tho.

Unfortunately for you it sounds like you rents are like mine, if thats the case then you have no chance mate. Also remember one arguement they will bring up is "its my house, my rules" BAM! no reply to that at all

Tombha

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
my parents never let girls stay over when i was 16 either i knew it was a wasted and pointless arguement. I had to join the army, be in a serious relationship before i had my gf stay over. Even then my mum tried to get me to share with my bro when we went visiting.

Your mom tried to make you share your gf with your brother??? Oo

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Tombha said:
why should it help that you walk around without underwear on this solution? Oo

I thought that too :m00:

What time will your parents be back from this shindig?

Surely when they do get back they will be too drunk/tired to really notice/care whos in the house. Then when you have to be up early for your paper round just wake up the gf and get her a taxi home. Just remember, dont flush the condoms, nice n embarrasing when the plumber pulls those babies out. :touch:

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
I really wonder how many parents would leave their 16 (or what, 17?) year old son alone with his gf on new years eve in an empty house.

That just doesnt happen :touch:

Amildin

Can't get enough of FH
Gorbachioo said:
I really wonder how many parents would leave their 16 (or what, 17?) year old son alone with his gf on new years eve in an empty house.

That just doesnt happen :touch:

yes it does, just depends how up tight your parents are :m00:

NikonL

Fledgling Freddie
You're in their house, maybe you should respect their wishes? :p

My parents always had the rule that girls can stay over so long as they slept in a different room to me. I didnt like it at the time but tbh i can see their point now.

If your parents want you to act like an adult, and dont want you having whiney teenage sex in your queen bed ;) then maybe the actual adult and responsible thing to do (and you seemed to claim you were mature and responsible :p) would be to respect that? just a thought.

PS. yes im bitter because i got the "lets be friends for now" off a girl last night :p shut up

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Urgluf said:
prolly not as tight as a 16 year old girl :x

Hehehe :D

As for your problem, alittle hint;
It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission ;)

But i never had that problem, my parents always just said. "Wear protection"

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
the old "does my hanky smell of chloraform" or "Does my drink taste funny to you?"

Works every time

Nate

FH is my second home
mummsy only lets me see local people otherwise i must be inside, to feed the pidgeons ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom