Is it just me or has GOA got their heads stuck up their own arses?

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Sick of this tbh, just read the boat race event thread:

a) dont dare criticise or offer suggestions to GOA or u will be told tough live with it cause u wont get another for a while
b) hey people did u all know that the lag was fixed
c) they invest time, finances and scripting changes running events that suit the minority or people, no offence but 3 crews from hib/pry and 3 from mid/excal is minority..
d) rightnow is a load of bollox
e) and the general response is defensive and hey give pingplots car buyer "excuse me i just bought this car from u and its not driving properly"... sale rep "that car is running perfect, come back with proof it not and we may do something, till then get lost cause this garage, its mechanics, sales force aint doin jack for ya"

yes i am an annoying shit stirring pain in the arse, if this gets me banned from FH so be it just sick of the crap i'm hearing from those running this game

qq more etc

Gamah

Banned
Maybe if you suggested or critisised with some intelligence people would listen to you but "Is it just me or has GOA got their heads stuck up their own arses?" don't count as well constructed critisisam.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Polite Post

Requiel said:
A couple of things.
1: Lag does not get fixed by the same people who write or run events. Running events in no way takes any resources away from network maintenance.
2: There are no problems reported in our networks at all currently. All indicators and all the servers and network monitors are entirely green. If you are getting lag it isn't coming from our network. The issues that we mentioned a couple of months ago in the news were fixed. There was a general problem with OT that we eventually got them to resolve. We got 1.71 out as fast as possible to resolve the lag caused by poor performance in the 1.70 network code, and then when we ad a hardware failure over the course of a weekend, we fixed it and gave people free game time as compensation. There was no single lag issue. There were several different thngs at different times. One was our fault and we fixed it and compensated people for it. One was nothing to do with us but we pressured the people who's fault it was until eventually they sorted it out. The last was unavoidable and we did everything we could to resolve it as fast as possible. If you are still getting lag, run a pingplot and see where it is coming from. If it's not coming from our network then we can't do anything about it even if we cancelled all events, stopped translating patches and transferred all the server GMs, dinner ladies, office cleaners and storyliners to the network maintenance team.

As usual not banging on your head Requiel cause i realize u ain't Network Manager of GOA, but man, they are lieing u lol
It's 10 days that the very same problem is back, lag spikes of 6-8 s with double red square (all apart FPS) every now and then (3-4 hours of play happens at least 10-12 times) and unable to do nothing, then back to game normally.
Now our gg plays from Italy (me) Ireland and England and when that happens we ask in alliance channel and an high % answers that they had same problem, it's very unlikely that we have all an ISP problem; and anyway if it's an OT problem like last time y GOA didn't take some steps in direction of having some1 or some Company for all that i care that keeps checked routes to your network?
U know it's a bit "family company" to hope that your customers will trace problems for ya every time.
rant off

This is quoted from Pryd, got 0 response from him, so see Gamah ain't a questioning if u ask politely or not, and wtf i'm a customer and i'm even entitled of beeing harsh after a bit eventually.
"Customer has always right on his side", oh well at least it's how it goes in normal companies.
But what do i care? I'm retiring :D

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
The laggspikes has been extreme the last week, and its everyone that has them it seems so claiming that there arent any problems with the server is just stupid.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Maybe if you suggested or critisised with some intelligence people would listen to you but "Is it just me or has GOA got their heads stuck up their own arses?" don't count as well constructed critisisam.

well gahn has posted the reply i got to tame structured post in the Hib section, plus if u read zeynthe (sp) reply to another persons post u will see what i'm on about... here

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=51921

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Jupiter just can't post a message without profanities, this is a well-known fact.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Gamah said:
Bah bloody fanboi :p

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Jupiter said:
Sick of this tbh, just read the boat race event thread:

a) dont dare criticise or offer suggestions to GOA or u will be told tough live with it cause u wont get another for a while
Some people are able to offer constructive suggestions and criticism. These suggestions get taken on board and if there's a reason we can't or won't do what they suggest, we explain it. Others simply repeat inaccurate and unsubstantiated whines.
Jupiter said:
b) hey people did u all know that the lag was fixed
Thank you for noticing.
Jupiter said:
c) they invest time, finances and scripting changes running events that suit the minority or people, no offence but 3 crews from hib/pry and 3 from mid/excal is minority..
The event was open to every Hibernian player with ToA activated (90% of the Hibernian playerbase). No-one was excluded.
Jupiter said:
d) rightnow is a load of bollox
On what basis do you say that? On average the English CSR team answer RightNow queries within 1 working day. Mostly they are done within a couple of hours. Urgent stuff is sorted within minutes.
Jupiter said:
e) and the general response is defensive and hey give pingplots car buyer "excuse me i just bought this car from u and its not driving properly"... sale rep "that car is running perfect, come back with proof it not and we may do something, till then get lost cause this garage, its mechanics, sales force aint doin jack for ya"

yes i am an annoying shit stirring pain in the arse, if this gets me banned from FH so be it just sick of the crap i'm hearing from those running this game

qq more etc
Maybe it is defensive however it is my job to correct inaccuracies and misinformation regarding the company. If people are saying that Goa are causing lag on the servers, then it's my job to point out that we aren't and that any problems you may be experiencing are not due to our equipment or setup. misinformaton repeated often enough eventually turns into 'fact' and if I don't squash the 'servers are laggy' whines then people will believe them even though it's not true.

Gahn said:
As usual not banging on your head Requiel cause i realize u ain't Network Manager of GOA, but man, they are lieing u lol
It's 10 days that the very same problem is back, lag spikes of 6-8 s with double red square (all apart FPS) every now and then (3-4 hours of play happens at least 10-12 times) and unable to do nothing, then back to game normally.
Now our gg plays from Italy (me) Ireland and England and when that happens we ask in alliance channel and an high % answers that they had same problem, it's very unlikely that we have all an ISP problem; and anyway if it's an OT problem like last time y GOA didn't take some steps in direction of having some1 or some Company for all that i care that keeps checked routes to your network?
U know it's a bit "family company" to hope that your customers will trace problems for ya every time.
rant off
I have nothing to say that hasn't been said in a thousand lag threads already. There is no server or network lag coming from our side. Any problems you are experiencing are coming from outside our network. Due to the way the internet works it is entirely possible - even very likely - that players from all over Europe will experience the same problems even though they are connecting from different ISPs in different countries. My guess is that there is an international hub causing problems - some Pingplots I saw last week on these forums showed problems in Birmingham, England for example. We cannot fix these problems and unless our customers tell us when and where they are occurring we have no way to detect them ourselves. If we do find out where they are, then we can pass that information on to the companies involved - usually but not always OpenTransit (last week saw problems in the Spiritlink network for example). In any case we aren't responsible for locating or fixing it. We will do what we can, where we can but it is up to ISPs to resolve these issues normally.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Some people are able to offer constructive suggestions and criticism. These suggestions get taken on board and if there's a reason we can't or won't do what they suggest, we explain it. Others simply repeat inaccurate and unsubstantiated whines.

so Merino's post in the hibernia section was not contructive? yet the reply from zeynthe was what? Tough take it or leave it

Requiel said:
Thank you for noticing.
My comment about the lag being fixed was sarcastic

Requiel said:
The event was open to every Hibernian player with ToA activated (90% of the Hibernian playerbase). No-one was excluded.

who mentioned excluded, i said u organise these things for a minority who give a shit about them, the fact that 2% of the population turns up for them would suggest to me that they are a waste of resources

Requiel said:
Maybe it is defensive however it is my job to correct inaccuracies and misinformation regarding the company. If people are saying that Goa are causing lag on the servers, then it's my job to point out that we aren't and that any problems you may be experiencing are not due to our equipment or setup. misinformaton repeated often enough eventually turns into 'fact' and if I don't squash the 'servers are laggy' whines then people will believe them even though it's not true.

no maybe its just political spin on GOA behalf

Requiel said:
I have nothing to say that hasn't been said in a thousand lag threads already. There is no server or network lag coming from our side. Any problems you are experiencing are coming from outside our network. Due to the way the internet works it is entirely possible - even very likely - that players from all over Europe will experience the same problems even though they are connecting from different ISPs in different countries. My guess is that there is an international hub causing problems - some Pingplots I saw last week on these forums showed problems in Birmingham, England for example. We cannot fix these problems and unless our customers tell us when and where they are occurring we have no way to detect them ourselves. If we do find out where they are, then we can pass that information on to the companies involved - usually but not always OpenTransit (last week saw problems in the Spiritlink network for example). In any case we aren't responsible for locating or fixing it. We will do what we can, where we can but it is up to ISPs to resolve these issues normally.

nice cop out, wtf do u lot do besides translate and run silly events that the majority dont want?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Requiel said:

Thank you for noticing.

On what basis do you say that? On average the English CSR team answer RightNow queries within 1 working day. Mostly they are done within a couple of hours. Urgent stuff is sorted within minutes.

That's precisely my point Requiel, since GOA bases its business on an on line activity it's GOA's duty to proactive check which hubs, routers, companies and whatsover routes packets to its network eventually malfunction. This is what i actually do as a job in my company, a company that owns 10 other companies in other Euro countries connected through various Internet International VPN so pls don't assume that i ain't knowing what i'm speaking of ^^
Ofc Jupi's comment was based on a simple perception that GOA doesn't spend time to proactive check and control sources of possible problems, instead leaving it at their customer base, which, eventually, will be pissed off about it and wound over wound some GM (i can understand your position btw) overreact sometimes in responses, judging that all the moans are unfunded whines.
Anyway, good work and good luck, this will be soon no more a problem for me.

Smygen

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
nice cop out, wtf do u lot do besides translate and run silly events that the majority dont want?

i for one like those events, its a nice change. And tbh i dont see what goa can do about lag issues outside their network, other than report them to the company involved.

EDIT: oh and how is this related to RvR? :p

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Jupiter said:
so Merino's post in the hibernia section was not contructive? yet the reply from zeynthe was what? Tough take it or leave it

My comment about the lag being fixed was sarcastic

who mentioned excluded, i said u organise these things for a minority who give a shit about them, the fact that 2% of the population turns up for them would suggest to me that they are a waste of resources

no maybe its just political spin on GOA behalf

Merino's post was constructive. Zenythe replied saying that the event couldn't be changed and that two of his suggestions were contradictory (More notice of events, but the danger that enemies will take advantage of events for RvR raids). Merino seemed to take this onboard and from his follow up post seemed happy with the answer. You seem to have an issue with it for some reason.

I know you were being sarcastic.

Event turn out is always very variable. For recent events we've had aver 150 players per server. It's not possible to predict the interest in an event beforehand so we run them every fortnaight and see who wants to turn up. If the entire realm is there, that's great. If four players turn up we'll run it for them. The people who take part in events come from a broad slice of the community, roleplayers and hardcore RvRers all take part and generally the response is very good. Look at the recent threads regarding Alb and Mid Catacombs events for proof of this.

I don't do political spin. I'm not here to get elected or to get players to like me more than another GM. I am here to make sure that misinformation doesn't get propagated as truth and that questions the community ask get answered.

We run game servers. That's what we do. To do that we maintain servers and network gear, translate and test patches, maintain customer service and billing services and work on improving game quality as far as we can within the limits of our licence. We aren't responsible for the whole internet anymore than we are responsible for your telephone line or the drivers on your computer. The limitations of our responsibility are clearly outlined in the Terms and Conditions. If you don't agree with those terms then you can decline them when you log in.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I always enjoy the GoA events :)
As for the lag..are/did you sending your ping Plotter results back etc?

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh never been fussed about events, lag, right now, whines or whatever. Think I posted once to right now in 3 years about a bug with patch 1.47 and wardens end or something. If its not enjoyable, people log off or cancel subs.

What however goa need to be doing is investing time is how daoc survives wow. I can understand the negative response to events.

/who 34 people at noon on Hib Pryd on a Friday afternoon and /who entire server 240 people.

Tbh I really think that Goa need to look at ensuring that euro servers are inline with their american counterparts. Lets look at patch 1.74 for example, this has moreorless been going on in the US for about 5 weeks. Its not like every day there's some additions its 2 weeks sometimes between partial patch notes. Goa have repeatedly said that the delay is language translations. Realistically with Catacombs 3 weeks away and patch 1.73 at inception, there really shouldn't be so much of a delay to 1.74 should there..It should be almost universal that the patches follow suit.

Goa also need to make a comment yes or no to the community. Are we getting server clustering or not. No more ifs or buts. If you can not see that the playerbase is dieing then you really are in trouble. Its not really helping GOA by saying let's wait for catacombs and see how many return, because its an unknown and most likely will be a temporary blip. Mtyhic have realised that the game has competition and have started on server clustering. Goa need to commit or no matter how much money they spend on advertising, they can not compete with the competition. Name alone is enough.

So can we one way or another very soon we need to get the official line on server clustering. I do fear there will be no-one left soon. I don't think there's been a fg of the main Hib alliance this week actually out and each day there's less and less logging in. Thats from en entire alliance, not one mixed fg.

A yes would most likely go a long way to at least getting a large percentage of the former player database back and paying subs and quite possibly playing both wow and daoc.

Of course there's the 2 English server argument and people with alts on each server, but.... it would be interesting to see what the workaround would be. That should not be used as an excuse or a defence mechanism for not doing it. If you do, then I doubt the community will appreciate another defensive response..

Maybe this isn't what this thread was intended for, but when you see people you have known for 3 years log off and don't come back because each day one after another leaves, then it coincides with perhaps that events really are not that important, whether some people might like to take part. If it continues as thus, then perhaps we'll have the 2% of the pop eventing and the other 98% not logging in... Seriously, take a look in the mirror.

My own pov is that daoc has been fun because of the people and during that time goa have been okay with the game. If however there aren't any people, then... there isn't a game.

In a roundabout way I guess that's why Jupiter is fedup about things. Maybe I'm wrong.. ;)

Farbaute2

Fledgling Freddie
hello Requiel

you dont have to defend yourself here. this is just alb forums. dont take it to seriously, and dont discuss with people swearing to you. keep up the good work and good luck with getting more players for catacombs.

/Narve

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
The limitations of our responsibility are clearly outlined in the Terms and Conditions. If you don't agree with those terms then you can decline them when you log in.

guess that just about sums it up really... btw where are WoW servers located? I heard Paris and do they lag?

anyways last contructive critism/question for ya, is GOA gonna cluster the english servers? I dont want a political answer, yes or no will do, cause atm the future of prydwen depends on this answer

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
Requiel - Jupiter, 2 - 0. ;)

like a give a fuck who is winning? u happy with the game atm good for u, i'm not and i couldnt give a toss if Requiel is getting one over on me, they seem to be happy to loose players so i aint gonna loose no sleep over it, but i wont sit back and say "yes sir, ty very much sir wont trouble u again sir, yer right i will get lost sir, wont dare question u again ohh mighty one"

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I think hes implying that your the one with his head stuck up his ass :cheers:

(and yes, WoW does lag..that might be due to the 250 person Queue and the Full server tho :p)

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupiter said:
they seem to be happy to loose players so i aint gonna loose no sleep over it

do us all a favour and quit then
even if your whine was right you should be able to understand that it won't do anything, the only thing you can do is send in ping plots - something goa should make easier to do, or stop whining and go elsewhere

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
I think hes implying that your the one with his head stuck up his ass :cheers:

(and yes, WoW does lag..that might be due to the 250 person Queue and the Full server tho :p)

i know exactly what he is implying. so what was the exact reason u now play on avalon? dieing server? crappy lag? nobody to fight?

yes i know there are people who will row in behind GOA and tell them what a fantastic job they do, i dont play the game to pve, i play to rvr

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Elendar said:
do us all a favour and quit then
even if your whine was right you should be able to understand that it won't do anything, the only thing you can do is send in ping plots - something goa should make easier to do, or stop whining and go elsewhere

if they aint clustering yes i will be gone, to move a mountain u have to start with the smallest stone

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Very good post Tuorin. I could be a bit off topic but heck im also concerned about the fast decreasing numbers. Should really consider some clustering options if that could make the game more playable again.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
:clap: Im not sure if anyone wants you here Jupiter, please leave us in peace? :)

if u dont agree with what i posted give us what u think, if ur trying to b a big boy by telling me to fo then who is the childish one, good lad u scored a hit off me, must have been hard for you... get in line

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
well since there's an GM her from goa.. : HURY UP WITH CATACOMBS!!!:p

if school gave me this long to translate some stupid book from german/english to dutch... omg...

anyway, ..so u only pass on information to company's.. translate a word per day... kick some radar abusers (not all ofc, since then there would be no hib on exca left xP), and in the cash ...

rock on.. xD

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Prydwen imo is all but dead when it comes to RvR. Some might disagree, but as a regular rvr chap.. pryd rvr is screwed. You might fall lucky & roll into a few albs or mids.. you might fall even luckier if your a hib to be able to get a FG out in rvr! :(

They need to fix it fast before those thats left will only be the PvE junkies & maybe a few newbies beginning to play. Prydwen has lost probably about 80% (maybe more) of regular RvR peeps, Hib has lost probably 90% of rvr guilds.. Waiting until catacombs "hoping" that will solve all there problems with population, i think they're gunna be dissapointed, they should have done server merge as soon WoW was released tbh, im not saying server merge would be the answer, but im sure it would have helped & Prydwen would not be in the state its in now...which tbh is very dull :(

As for the lag, someone mentioned what it has to do with RvR... connection & lag plays alot when it comes to rvr & PvE in any mmorpg, so it has alot to do with it ;)

Who's fault it is...who knows... but it needs to be sorted before catacombs tbh.

cyaz soon....maybe!

Bops :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Jupiter said:
if u dont agree with what i posted give us what u think, if ur trying to b a big boy by telling me to fo then who is the childish one, good lad u scored a hit off me, must have been hard for you... get in line

Inc flame from Shanaia, use grammar and spelling and it will take you far beyond primary school young padawan!

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing the server so empty, reading about people moving to bigger servers ... if you still enjoy the game (I do) it's something that hurts, or pisses you off. I understand Jupiter here.

Personally, I've been unhappy about GoA politik since 1.70 release ... from the decision to delay 1.71 to the management of underpop bonuses, it's a collection of mistakes one after another, that happened in the worst possible moment. They knew the population trends, they were aware of the new games and how they impacted in the USA, they were alerted more than once, they never listened (did you thought you were immune ? I'm curious) and went on as if nothing was going to happen. First they lost Midgard, then Albion and right now Hibernia is following - the fact that this was probably avoidable is irritating, to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom