Is it just me or has GOA got their heads stuck up their own arses?

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Inc flame from Shanaia, use grammar and spelling and it will take you far beyond primary school young padawan!

Hehe I don't have to flame him seems you did a fine job of that.

I'm flattered though that one outcry over some horrible post makes me the grammar nazi... Thanks Vlad

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:
There are perhaps better ways of questioning them than saying they have got their heads stuck up their own asses on a public forum.

:worthy:

Roadie you sexeh Saracen you

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Shanaia said:
I'm flattered though that one outcry over some horrible post makes me the grammar nazi... Thanks Vlad

Anytime Shanaia :cool:. Beware people, because Shanaia is in charge of;

spellnazis.jpg
:eek6:

:wub:

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel and co i realise youre slaves to policy and your job etc but if you could push for a firm answer on server clustering that'd be greatly appreciated.Not sure youll have much of a playerbase left by the time a decision is reached otherwise - the population statistics are quite pathetic lately from all realm...

And yes the hibs do have superior numbers in rvr a lot of the time...They do have less population overall but i'd say a greater percentage of their population rvr's than ours...

Graknak

Fledgling Freddie
The only reason they're still saying "something" will happen "someday" and "we're working on it" is the fact that this game is coming to its end and that would mean no more work for them, so what they do is try or make us believe that good things will happen while infact in a few months GOA is bankrupt and there will be no more DAoC EU, if they wanted to fix things they would and if they can't for some reason they can easilly hire someone who can fix it, but the fact it still doesn't get fixed makes ya wonder, esp. if you ask arround and find out theres hardly any if not no publicity at all for the new expansion and the game in general.
Furthermore a good game needs publicity to get money and with that all the significant problems can be fixed much faster, if yer not making any publicity you can ofcourse ask more money from those who already know it, which is a simple thing and doesn't require any publicity (a few websites perhaps but that wouldn't cost a thing) but the thing is, it's better to have a large group of people who pay abit and are happy and tell their friends they should play aswell because it's cheap and fun then to milk out a small group untill they stop giving the milk because they're getting sick and tired of the promise that everything will be fixed and that soon they'll all be in Walhalla and live hapilly ever after, yet it takes more then 3 years to fix one of the most significant problems that haunts the game since day 1, which is lag.

Face it, DAoC is dead and nothing can be done about it, despite the game being fun in some way to a few people, most people lost their faith and thanks to that not even a good publicity could help them get back up, GOA "Grappled" themselves in some way and Mythic aswell for that matter (since they came up with the idea to run EU servers and will now loose credibility aswell because of the faillure of GOA)

I'm not saying i'm a pessimist, i'm just saying that theres nothing optimistic anymore about this game that can make ya think otherwise and those giving the answer, "But we got strong RvR or PvP", i say to them why not give up a small % of the rvr/pve/pvp which you find the best in DAoC and instead play a game that gives you at least a good impression on all technical fronts at the cost of abit less rvr/pve/pvp skills to choose from, i.e. no/insignificant lag , more balance, less rvr/pve/pvp grind, same if not better graphics, less immature or at least more understanding players, etc. etc.

My bag 'o 2 cents on this one.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
R.I.P Prydwen

Rvr is just being zerged by hibs, who of course are underpopulated.....

Wonder if Goa/Mythic will make a Doac 2....

Its the only way to sort the mess out. New players cant get groups, old players have to farm for hours to get money for armour/artis/ml.
Im also guessing that if every starts from level 1, with no artis,ml, uber dex or ras, a lot of those that have left for wow, will return(had a word with a friend who played an arsman for 3 years, finally got sick of being bolted for 500+ every 2 seconds)
Also the older players usually have a level 50 on a sperate account, so they just join a pbaoe group and pl thier charachters, making those leveling from 1 or sometimes even from 24-40 nearly impossible to find a group.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
tbh i'm enjoying the state prydwen is in atm

Mids own one keep, hibs own the other.

Theres loads of action in our frontier
3FG's of hibs are running (together) and 2FG+ of mids are running (seperate)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:

How about playing Avalon instead?

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:

You realise that that's 40 plus a few people ...

US got their price increase just after Catacombs was launched of course.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
gervaise said:
You realise that that's 40 plus a few people ...

US got their price increase just after Catacombs was launched of course.

Its better than nothing
Also had constant action from these people

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
nice lag free run last nite... btw stop hugging me Bubble

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Bubble said:

Agreed; muchos fun and reminds me in a way of old emain; tho without the run to it :p

I didnt see 3FG running together; not more together then the Albs or Mids. I did see 2 FG Hibs running together tho; one group had no druid and the other group had 2 greycons in it. They both where exceptionally happy when a buffbot in Beno did AE-buffs. Can hardly expect those guys to run as 1FG; any trio with CC will overrun em. Also its alot better for the RvR on this server those guys come out (from all realms); it gives traffic and such.

Lastnight was good; hopefully more of this will follow :)

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
Stop grappling me

think in the 4 or 5 times we ran into u last nite i grappled u once, but we ran with 3 casters instead of 2 last nite and ya cant be hitting me casters now can ya :) (I was the only battlemaster in group)

btw Bubble is that /hug some sort of reverse physcology? I actually stopped hitting u a few times, must be working, dont think Maeloch is into de hugging thing though

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah Mr Maeloch doesn't show any mercy :(

Puppet- I wasn't complaining :p we had good 3 way battles near Beno bridge.

Happlo

Fledgling Freddie
Roadie said:
Ive only ever even seen a copy of daoc in 2 shops in the uk :z

if i saw a poster i would faint :-o

Most HMV stores sell it, and i remember in 2003 i went to see a movie at the UCI in Metrocenter near Newcastle and there was LOADS of Daoc flyers there!! :eek2:

When my then gf finally managed to bring me back round i thought it was all just a strange dream, but no....they were still there!! :p

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
been trying to pick up a copy of wow and it seems there is a 6 week delay, maybe DAOC has been thrown a lifeline, as for pre-ordering catacombs amazon and game seem to have gone mad and no release date or cant find it on there

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Jupiter said:
wtf do u lot do besides translate and run silly events that the majority dont want?

Put up with plonkers like you ? ;)

Jupiter said:
been trying to pick up a copy of wow and it seems there is a 6 week delay, maybe DAOC has been thrown a lifeline, as for pre-ordering catacombs amazon and game seem to have gone mad and no release date or cant find it on there

The delay is because the playerbase has reached its limit on most servers so Blizzard told shops to sell out and not re-stock for the time being.

Blizzard are hoping to resolve these issues asap.

i would search the FH threads for info on catacombs release and shops not knowing etc. the search is a good thing if u can be bothered to use it.

Requiel said:
The limitations of our responsibility are clearly outlined in the Terms and Conditions. If you don't agree with those terms then you can decline them when you log in.

Requiel - can i use this in my sig please - its a class line :) :cheers:

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Give some1 to fight... Give new ppl in game... Give advertisment and DAoC in shops... Give clever ppl in GOA :(

I blame GOA for all this terrible stuff happening with Prydwen.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Nilmeia said:
Give some1 to fight... Give new ppl in game... Give advertisment and DAoC in shops... Give clever ppl in GOA :(

I blame GOA for all this terrible stuff happening with Prydwen.
Not selling daoc in shops is silly :( Like they don't want to sell the game ;/

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
The limitations of our responsibility are clearly outlined in the Terms and Conditions. If you don't agree with those terms then you can decline them when you log in.
Meaning you would be unable to log in and play. Shame you can't disagree with the coc before you purchase the game, eh? :(

Nilmeia

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
Not selling daoc in shops is silly :( Like they don't want to sell the game ;/

I live in Czech rep. I cannot get DAoC here in any shop, I hardly ever saw it in any magazine about computer games... It must have been a miracle bro found it somewhere. I'm pretty sure many ppl would play the game if they even knew it exists. And yes, Czech rep. has computers and internet, we don't live in stone age ;)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Nilmeia said:
I live in Czech rep. I cannot get DAoC here in any shop, I hardly ever saw it in any magazine about computer games... It must have been a miracle bro found it somewhere. I'm pretty sure many ppl would play the game if they even knew it exists. And yes, Czech rep. has computers and internet, we don't live in stone age ;)

heh ive been in chech this year on hiliday, look damn nice with 2meter snow ;p
(fix the roads though xD skoda freaks!:p)

yeah well a friend of my brother came with the beta ones and said my brother should dl it and play it..

otherwise i prolly would never have hear of it.

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
The delay is because the playerbase has reached its limit on most servers so Blizzard told shops to sell out and not re-stock for the time being.

Blizzard are hoping to resolve these issues asap.

If they don't set up more servers they won't resolve it unless they lose players... hmm... well... that's some sort of behaviour GOA is accused of very often. :p

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
Nilmeia said:

totally same or even worse in hungary. you cant buy daoc at all in shops, and you cant even order them, they just cant bring any. so the only way if you want to play is to go to another country, visit a computer shop and hope they have it.. its so dam lame, we're even part of EU!!! - and no shops sell daoc, nor magazines write about it... only spreads because i like daoc, so i suggest is to my friend.. (than 2 months looking for the game..)

Malimbar

Fledgling Freddie
whoo hoo

hi guys,

Well tbh, i had planned to come home to prydwen for catacombs but after playing WoW for 3 weeks, i decided i cant really be ass'ed no lag at all. Nearly no zoning in the game, full servers and still no i havent had any lag or ld'ed once so far.
I am on emerald dream server and have met up with what seems to be a large portion of old hibbies from prydwen and i am loving it, best thing i have ever done is to leave Doac. Graphics are amazing, zones gigantic, mobs cool. Took me about 2 mins to get out the very cartoon look of some of the races. Servers come down for 3 hours friday morning every week for maintanence.

The pve is amazing, Quests more entertaining, lvl'ing easier and more fun. all the insta dungeons you could ever need. A trade/crafting systems that actually works. A drop system that is very well thought out, races that actually seem balanced. After playing this for a week i suddently realised why daoc is slowly being killed by wow in numbers. If the pvp matches the pve on the normal servers i fear it is the end of alot more then just the prydwen server. Cant blame Goa/mythic. its simple evolution really. after playing this i really dont think i could be bothered coming back to start a new catacombs char and do all the ToA'ing etc....

I really cant see catacombs bringing any new people into the game. anyone new at online gaming will automatically go for WoW. All daoc has being for the past year is the same player base changing server and realm. As these people get bored they leave and hence the overall population decrease's.

anyway this was mostly totally off topic and a bit pro Wow, but there again i dont really give a shite, i am just happy i got out of Daoc and decided to try something new.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
The least we should expect is a page allowing us to test the network performance between our pc and the prydwen server at any one time, with a clear deliniation of responsiblity. Can that be provided?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom