Irc

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
So any irc channel currently in use? Hangin in stealthzerg but theres like 3 ppl including me there ;d

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
few people at #nolby but i believe the is an aion guild made of ex daoc players now.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
people still use IRC ? That seems soooo 2002...

teratera

Fledgling Freddie
what else would it rely on?

and on topic: #groove.daoc is still around!

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
My template certain is!

Slowely getting used to game again though, amazed it still relies on irc and vent though!

lol

i know right what we really should do is just call eachother

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
omg i just found an old diary from 2004 and it reads: "In 2010, i belive daoc will rely on flying cars and timetravel". Thatd been so cool, i much rather sit in a flying car than irc :/

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
lol

i know right what we really should do is just call eachother

Nah text has killed the art of conversation!

But seriously, what I mean is most MMORPG's have their own in-game supported voice chat for groups and things. I'm suprised daoc have not added that yet.

Obviously that wouldn't solve cross realm communication of cause.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Pretty much for the same reason that it hasn't had an expansion for 2.5 years :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
cuz the previous expansions sucked? :p

I wouldn't go so far as to say that. I moaned about it at it's release however quickly found that Shrouded Isles was a damn good expansion over all.

Some obvious balance issues with the new classes, but Mythic have always had a ritual of making expansion classes over powered to begin with to get everyone excited about rolling them, then balancing them after wards.

But over all Shrouded Isles was fun, the new epic dungeons were good and alot to offer in the rest of them pve zone.

ToA was an absolute disaster of cause

Catacombs was just crap

But Darkness Rising I actually liked, it did what ToA should of done, added a few extra low powered but useful abilities to your characters from a range of choices you could personalise yourself with, and most of the content was possible with just 1 decent group.

Labyrinth was just crap again, but not quite as crap as Catacombs...

So 2 out of 5, not a great track record but they didn't fuck them all up!

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
To be fair, all expansions they have made (except DR) have been pretty heavy on content. Although they overdid it with ToA

I reckon most players from the early days would have kept the status quo that was 1.82 SI but imo it would have made the vast majority of players bored within a year and a faster stagnation

If they had made so you only required credit + could buy scrolls from BP merchant (at a high price) and reduced ML to 5, I think there'd be less moaning. Because really, ToA in its heart is a great expansion. It also made RvR and PvE more advanced with all the new tools you got

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Their intentions in making RvR more advanced was fair enough, it was just done so badly.

The heavy pve requirement of ToA is not what made it so bad, it was the stupidly over powered items and ml abilities that turned RvR into nothing but a timer poker game.

What I still find amazing to this day is that someone can spend a year developing an expansion that includes a weapon with a -50% to ALL stats proc that fires nearly all the time and at no point once think

'hmmm, maybe thats a little over powered....'

But instead goes on to make the same mistakes with virtually everything else they include.

DR was an example of how to do it right, good changes, the chance to personalise your character with new abilities without completely changing the nature of classes.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Remember DR also brought valks, vamps and wls..

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Nah, DR was only mounts, 5 champion levels and the champion quests afaik. Basically very much to pay for so little content. It should have been released as a free expansion (just like foundations / new frontiers)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Nah, DR was only mounts, 5 champion levels and the champion quests afaik. Basically very much to pay for so little content. It should have been released as a free expansion (just like foundations / new frontiers)

Except new frontiers should never of been released at all :flame: I liked the old ones.

Though I must begrudgingly admit that the latest keep layouts are an improvement on the previous designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom