IRC Pickup Groups - #pug.daoc on Quakenet

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Fyric said:
really? i've made 6-7 fullgroups of people in the channel since i made it, not all of the groups have been succesful, but i have made actual groups, the problem is the lack of people, i was hoping for the like of 150-200 people in there at the very least, but im guessing people just wanna camp their bridges instead of running around with a fullgroup :)

the idea is really good the problem is getting the numpteys an easy way onto IRC - what we need is a guide to joining IRC channels - and then hopefully a list of channels including this one. Maybe then the nubs that complain could be told what to do?

Brilliant idea its just quite tricky to get going on IRC it is not for the average gamer tbh. :/

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
suppose that makes a point, i remember having abit of trouble the first time i had to use it aswell though it was several years ago(like 10).

What you do is go to www.mirc.com, download the client, type in your name, and in nickname you can type your characters name for instance, then you press the sun icon next to connect to server, under irc server you find the name called quakenet, (doesnt matter which quakenet server you choose), then press connect to server, after a few seconds it will be connected, then you do /join pug.daoc - and voila, you're there, in the channel there's instructions on how to use the bot, and you can always ask the people in there how its done.

Hope this clarifies some things and sorry for not mentioning it earlier.

Mothy

Fledgling Freddie
How about a java link to IRC channel?

dunno how you do it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom